+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Jun 4, 2019
My son is 17. He has canadian passport. Is there any possibility, to start the application for family sponsorship before turning 18.
Another question: if he is still not working how can he support finacially? Is there any possibility to make any payment from my side?

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
I have few questions as below :

• What is the fee for both my parents , my mom is principal applicant and dad is dependent ? Is it 1040 CAD each and biometric fee?
  • My parents are overseas can they sign and scan the forms back to me on which the signature are needed or I need to get them via courier with actual sign or the scanned one will work ?
  • I don’t have a birth certificate as sponsor can I use my passport as document for birth certificate as a supporting document ?
  • My parents don't have marriage certificate but have each other's name on the passport can that be used as Supporting document ?
  • Are the forms updated can you plz let me knw which form are changed ?

Thanks in advance :)
1. Yes. So, it's $1125 per person.
2. IRCC on twitter said it's okay and the officer may request to see the original at later date.
3. You may. But before that please write to IRCC on twitter and get it confirmed. I would suggest you to get a copy of your birth certificate from your country. That would be the safest.
4.You may need to write an explanation letter. Again it's safe to get a copy of marriage certificate if possible. Write to IRCC and get it confirmed.
5. If you just starting to prepare your application, download them all new and start filling.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
My son is 17. He has canadian passport. Is there any possibility, to start the application for family sponsorship before turning 18.
Another question: if he is still not working how can he support finacially? Is there any possibility to make any payment from my side?
Your son is 17 and you want him to sponsor you?
Or you are sponsoring your parents?

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
:eek:o_O:confused:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Your son has to have filed taxes that show he meets the income requirements to sponsor you for the past 3 years. So three years of Notice of Assessments. In other words he needs to have earned actual income and paid the taxes on it as filed to CRA for the past 3 years.

Jun 4, 2019
Your son is 17 and you want him to sponsor you?
Or you are sponsoring your parents?
Yes, my son will sponsor me and my husband. But he is in school. He can not support us financially. There is any other option? To make any guarantee or to open bank account from my side?!
Also can he start the application before turning 18, so in the moment he will turn 18 the application will be there posted.

Jun 4, 2019
Yes, my son will sponsor me and my husband. But he is in school. He can not support us financially. There is any other option? To make any guarantee or to open bank account from my side?!
Also can he start the application before turning 18, so in the moment he will turn 18 the application will be there posted.
Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people don't work but have income. For the 3 years he filed his tax returns and meet the eligibility, he can start the application for family sponsorship.

serg777

Jun 4, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please add my info. Thanks
Username : serg777
Sponsored : parents
Parents Country Of Citizenship: Philippines
Province : AB
Invitation Received: April 26
Application sent to IRCC: May 27
Application received in Ottawa: May 29
eCas status: not available
AOR: Waiting

Reactions: YULIA-2016

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How does your son have Canadian citizenship if you do not?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

There is a way. If your son marries someone who meets the income requirements (maybe an older woman), the spouse can be a co-signor.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
He can. Do this in the same order:
  • Setup a business on his name
  • Wait for 3 years
  • Make sure he makes a profit of at least $50000 every year.
  • Check the PGP process for that year probably 2023/2024
  • If it's still FIFO, ask him (or hire someone) to fill EOI at the very moment the form opens up.
  • He will get the invitation and then he can prepare the whole application. You guys can sign and submit.
  • Happy! Happy!! Happy!!!

Good luck!

Reactions: Canada_Super