RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi,

My father have been convicted 3 years ago for an Infringement of a property (the conviction was just to pay a small amount of money), should he answer yes or no for the following question:

Have you ever been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is nothing that stops you from contacting them right now to ensure that your package is in the system at the “Prospect File” stage.

However, it will be a while before you get an official AoR. Not sure a year, but at least 1-2 months. That said, one person has actually already received an AoR. See timeline in my signature below. Its very random. Last year few people got AoR’s within 10-20 days. See 2018 timeline in the same file...
There is no need to contact someone when you paid for tracking and it just arrived. It needs to go through a normal processing process. Just be patient you know it got there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Folks

Is there any tutorial or other pictorial information available that exactly shows how the CIC portal looks like and how to fill the information once it is open to accept applications?

I am planning to sponsor my parents in 2020 and want to get myself familiar to the process as online access opens up only for 5-10 mins.
No guarantees it will be the same next year. Would guess chances are almost 100% that things will change.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
This year, according to the Guide, the "new" way of calculating family size is to based on the number of family member in each year, be it increase (newborn) or decrease (decease). If this rule is applied (we are not sure how strict it will be), then you are certainly not qualified.
Check the Guide again, and if you have sometime, call the IRCC directly and ask. If you can talk to them and get some short of answer to your question, please post back here so the people who are in your similar situation would know too
I remember reading that in this year’s guide as well.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Yes most people benefit from the new way of counting family size because it often allows them to make less money for the first year or two but others will lose out by the new rules. It is the first year so nobody can guarantee.
He benefits as well since he had a new born in 2017.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hi everyone, I need some help.

For the form IMM 0008DEP, I am sponsoring my mother who is a single mom (divorced) and I dont have any siblings, what do I put in that form? Can I just leave it blank?

Also, do I need to put my father's info anywhere it is asked, even if I am not sponsoring him?

Please advise. Thanks.
If your father is not being sponsored. There is no need for any details for him required.
It's only for.any dependents accompanying.
For.IMM 008

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hi,
I have a unique problem which I am trying my best to solve it but couldn’t yet. I need advice from all of you if you have any suggestion. I have submitted successfully interest to sponsor form but unfortunately not received email for invitation to apply though my reference number appears in successful list of invitations. I called agent yesterday, she confirmed that my reference number is in list. She sent me a link to web form to enquire and get the invitation letter but it takes 10 business days. I just met my Member Parliament, he too going to inquire on my behalf.
I tried twitter as well but no response.
My question is when they know that my reference number is in the list why they are not allowing to print it and send it with the application. Any suggestions

So you can see your confirmation number on the website but you didn't receive email yet. Do you remember What time did you submitted the form?

Reactions: Rushdanalb

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Hi,
I have a unique problem which I am trying my best to solve it but couldn’t yet. I need advice from all of you if you have any suggestion. I have submitted successfully interest to sponsor form but unfortunately not received email for invitation to apply though my reference number appears in successful list of invitations. I called agent yesterday, she confirmed that my reference number is in list. She sent me a link to web form to enquire and get the invitation letter but it takes 10 business days. I just met my Member Parliament, he too going to inquire on my behalf.
I tried twitter as well but no response.
My question is when they know that my reference number is in the list why they are not allowing to print it and send it with the application. Any suggestions
did you check your spam/junk email? or did you give a correct email address?

ds3010

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Guys, my mother and I screwed up and all we have as a proof of marriage is the original one from 2015 (so there is no proof they have not got divorced) and it has also not gone through Spanish Foreign Relationship Ministry nor the Ministry of Justice. We might not have enough time to get a new one ready. What do you guys think?

InlovewithMaple

May 14, 2019
Hi All,

For imm5768 Q 15, Q 16 and Q 17, Should I leave it Blank as I can't type N/A in Check mark box ?

I am not married and I am sponsoring my mother.

Thanks !!

account9523

May 28, 2019
Got one more question for the experts. On form Background/Declaration (IMM 5669), my grandfather (person I am sponsoring) wrote his name (in cursive) and signed in the signature box. Would that be a problem? Should he have just signed it without adding his name?

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
@YULIA-2016 on spread sheet 2019 Row 118 and 126 is same person Jkalan. That is me. Somehow it got entered twice . I applied from India . Can you please delete row 118 to avoid confusion . Thank you .

Reactions: YULIA-2016

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My father have been convicted 3 years ago for an Infringement of a property (the conviction was just to pay a small amount of money), should he answer yes or no for the following question:

Have you ever been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country ?
Yes, he must, otherwise when police clearance is done and they found out, your application is at risk.