+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I think what freaks out people is the fact that - even though Canada Post confirms that the package was delivered, getting a confirmation from CIC that the package was received, will definitely help.

I am in the same boat, as the file was delivered yesterday but how do I know CIC official received it?
Help how? This process might take up to 2 years to be finalized and people are worried about it less than a month in. We all need to chill. ECAS will be updated when it is updated, which will take time.

Wanting to know if the application was delivered successfully I get, but that's why you track the shipment but once it reaches the PO BOX, ur job is done. If anything is missing or wrong or whatever, CIC will contact u in due course.

There is absolutely no reason for anybody to be asking for ECAS updates days after Canada Post delivers the package. CIC must be getting dozens of packages everyday, it is beyond unreasonable to be asking for updates now. In my humble opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKIMM and YVR123

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Please help I am confusing.
My dad passed away in 2018, I am sponsoring my mom and her dependant. My son was born 2017 and I have common law living since 2015. My question do I have to count my dad (who passed away 2018) for the year of 2016?? I calculated my family size
2016 - 4 (me, cosigner, mom and her child)
2017 - 5 (me, cosigner, my son and her child)
2018 - 5 (me, cosigner, my son and her child)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My dad passed away in 2018, I am sponsoring my mom and her dependant. My son was born 2017 and I have common law living since 2015. My question do I have to count my dad (who passed away 2018) for the year of 2016?? I calculated my family size
you dont need count dad at all, also / and recommend to you/ you can send them death certificate to save ur time

Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
you dont need count dad at all, also / and recommend to you/ you can send them death certificate to save ur time
Thanks, I already have a death cert, because they do not count the child who was not born that year so I afraid they would do same thing with dependant who was lived that year

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
There is nothing that stops you from contacting them right now to ensure that your package is in the system at the “Prospect File” stage.

However, it will be a while before you get an official AoR. Not sure a year, but at least 1-2 months. That said, one person has actually already received an AoR. See timeline in my signature below. Its very random. Last year few people got AoR’s within 10-20 days. See 2018 timeline in the same file...
Ya, will call them after 2-3 weeks to just confirm the package is in the system at the "Prospect File" stage.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Help how? This process might take up to 2 years to be finalized and people are worried about it less than a month in. We all need to chill. ECAS will be updated when it is updated, which will take time.

Wanting to know if the application was delivered successfully I get, but that's why you track the shipment but once it reaches the PO BOX, ur job is done. If anything is missing or wrong or whatever, CIC will contact u in due course.

There is absolutely no reason for anybody to be asking for ECAS updates days after Canada Post delivers the package. CIC must be getting dozens of packages everyday, it is beyond unreasonable to be asking for updates now. In my humble opinion, of course.
Its not about ECAS or AOR, its just about making sure the package is in the system at the "Prospect File" stage.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
if your husband is a Canadian then YES
normal documents are Marriage certificate , Passport pages and PR card of the co-signer
Thank you so much for Replying. He is not Canadian. I'm putting his first page of Canadian passport and our translation of marriage certificate; but I do not have access to his birth certificate, it's in his country; that's why I was worried.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Yes, you can put his birth certificate/passport/id where they can see his name on it

If you go thru checklist you can see it there
Ok thank you for replying. Yes I'm putting the cope of the first page of Canadian Passport. so there is no need for Birth Certificate I assume.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Its not about ECAS or AOR, its just about making sure the package is in the system at the "Prospect File" stage.
ok.. so seeing a "prospect file" would help how? because then you know that a Joe opened your envelope and passed it off to a CO?

is that what would make u feel better? it will still take weeks/months until u get an AOR (know if ur app is complete, get medical/police request and yada yada), that's why i am having a hard time understanding this urge to know something/anything.

I am not trying to be mean, just not relating, I guess..

Reactions: joe9kah

Rajpeter

Jan 30, 2019
Hello Everyone , in the Form IMM 008 (Generic Application for Canada) to be filled by principal applicant which is my mother. Do i need to fill in My father details under the Dependent/s Section as it says "You must include your Spouse or Common-law partner & all family members) ? Thanks

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Sent my package today :)

Reactions: nayr69sg

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Tweeter team replied yes, but I am not sure how reliable is it, if your income is enough when you include your dad in 2016 and 2017, then you can do it and write an explanation, if your income is not enough, then I don't have idea.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Tweeter team replied yes, but I am not sure how reliable is it, if your income is enough when you include your dad in 2016 and 2017, then you can do it and write an explanation, if your income is not enough, then I don't have idea.
Twitter team replies yes to almost anything.

Reactions: amop

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
@YULIA-2016 I asked the same question to tweeter "I am just wondering should family size counted by years? and should the person deceased in 2018 included in 2016 and 2017 family size and not in 2018 family size? what about decreasing family size, there is no any example. Thank you!" and I got this reply "Hi. Please include the deceased family members in family size for any year that they were alive." It is strange for me too, but...

Reactions: YULIA-2016