+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Yes put "4" after marriage and "3" before marriage as a Sponsor and your spouse/co-signer can put "4" after marrying you and "1" before marriage??
@manishlahori
yep - that's how i did it: sponsoring mom only and got married in 2018
my count: 2016 and 17 - 2; and 2018: 3
hubby's count: 2016 and 17 - 1; and 2018?: 3

Last edited:
Reactions: gst8486

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi everyone

I have an issue with my immigration consultant. She took all the money and didn’t do the job.
Not sure how to deal with it now

There may be anyone here who ran in this type of situation and was able to pull it off.
Please advise
start here: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/
if she has a registration there i am sure council will be able to help you navigate the situation. if not then u are kind of sol...

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi family,

I applied for reassessment of 2018 taxes 2 weeks ago and still waiting for reply and confirmation of gross income. My application package is ready to be submitted. What should i do? Wait until I get new NOA or just submit my package with the current NOA?

Thanks.

ind_2173

Apr 28, 2014
Hi all, congratulations for getting the parental sponsorship 2019 ITA. I am getting ready with my file and gathering all the required documents. I have couple of questions if you guys don't mind answering:-

1) Shall I hire a consultant to fill and support my application or do you guys think it is easy to do it yourself? I have gone through the guide and i found it easy to understand.

2) As per IRCC requirement, We need to submit marriage certificate of our parents. My parents got married in 70's in India and they don't have marriage certificate. What are the alternatives to marriage certificate?

I did some research and I am planning to submit following documents in place of marriage certificate:-

1) Affidavit from my mother
2) Affidavit from my father
3) Couple of affidavits from relatives who attended my parents marriage.

Do you guys think this will suffice?

I can not have a joint affidavit from my parents as my mother is in Canada on Supervisa and my dad in India. So, i am planning to have affidavit from my mother's side done in Canada and from my father's side done in India. Do you guys think this will work?

What other documents I can provide to IRCC in lieu of marriage certificate? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

3) As per IRCC requirement, I need to submit my birth certificate as well. I was born in early 80's and don't have birth certificate. I am planning to submit following documents in support of my application:-

1) 10th school certificate mentioning my name and my father's name.
2) Affidavit from my mother and father.
3) Affidavit from relatives.

What other documents I can provide to IRCC in lieu of birth certificate? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone for their applications.

Thanks and regards
Can you forward me a template for marriage affidavit? If you are fine with it I will share my mail id

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi family,

I applied for reassessment of 2018 taxes 2 weeks ago and still waiting for reply and confirmation of gross income. My application package is ready to be submitted. What should i do? Wait until I get new NOA or just submit my package with the current NOA?

Thanks.
i gave them consent to contact CRA because i had to get my 2016 re assessed and CRA told me it would take up to 12 weeks to get it done. i say send it off :)

Reactions: 7fifty and gst8486

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hire a reputable immigration consultant like Campbell Cohen Law Firm.
I have already submitted the application with the help of this forum. At this point I want my money back and make sure that immigration consultant will never be in business to rip off people

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Yes that is correct, directly from the guide. You will be fine if you follow the guide.
as you mentioned before , validation is not working for Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) if I am not entering electronic signature and date. In guide they are saying handwritten signature. What should I believe?

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Whichever you prefer but I’m almost sure one of the forms that need validation won’t validate unless you enter the date
Yes it is Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669). IT is not letting me valid without electronic signature and date. Guide is advising hand written signature.

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
I have already submitted the application with the help of this forum. At this point I want my money back and make sure that immigration consultant will never be in business to rip off people
Yes that's correct.
Consultants are asking for $5k for the files.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you want your money back because you were able to fill in the forms yourself a contract doesn’t work that way. They get to keep the money.

account9523

May 28, 2019
I have some doubts about the photos, would appreciate some help!

1. The guide says: the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
The photos I received have the face dimensions of ~38mm counting from chin to the top of the hair. Would that be a problem? The hair adds some extra space, so unsure if this is a problem.
Should I ask for the new photos (kind of difficult, since they need to be mailed).

2. Photos came on the single sheet. Should I cut them into individual photos?

Thanks!

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello

I read on this forum earlier that someone was clicking the option ‘yes’ in question 8 of 5768 i.e. giving the SIN no. And giving consent to IRCC to get information from CRA

And slap they are filling the form IMM 5748 and attaching NOAs of last three years.... is it ok to do this both together? What other people have followed... plz share