+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hatchi

Nov 12, 2018
Hi All,
I am done and ready to send but I have few questions

1- My name when I came to Canada in my passport start with Al and space so it looks like this Al XXXX . which is my name in all my Canadian documents like drivers license , PR etc. while in my current passport I found out my name is without the space after Al so it looks like this AlXXXX .

in 1344 they say we have to fill the name exactly as passport which is different that everything I have in Canada
So I filled the application 1344 and in question 2 Nickname/Alias I added that my name can be written without space

also Question 7 part c which is
Check the box to indicate if your actual full name is the same as when you became a permanent resident. If you checked “No”, provide your full name (family name(s) and given(s) name(s)) at the time you became permanent resident.​
I checked yes and added my name with space in family name

Not sure why in the application they insist that i write my name as in passport although i didnt even send my passport in the application and will send my pr which has my name with space in family name

So is what I have done sound good ?

2- My parent visa status in the country where they live in (Saudi Arabia) . in Saudi Arabia the visa is called Iqama and I am not sure to which one it point to , some here says it should be worker but my parents for example in Saudi Arabia using same VISA for 40 years approx . so it is there permanent home and I think I should fill permanent resident what do you think ?

And to add to same question for my father is retired and he still hold the Iqama so If I would put worker not sure how to justify that he is retired and still have worker visa ? thats why i decided to go with permanent resident

I need the answers to those 2 questions as they are preventing me from sending the documents till now so if anyone know anything that can help please dont hesitate

Thanks

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,
I am done and ready to send but I have few questions

1- My name when I came to Canada in my passport start with Al and space so it looks like this Al XXXX . which is my name in all my Canadian documents like drivers license , PR etc. while in my current passport I found out my name is without the space after Al so it looks like this AlXXXX .

in 1344 they say we have to fill the name exactly as passport which is different that everything I have in Canada
So I filled the application 1344 and in question 2 Nickname/Alias I added that my name can be written without space

also Question 7 part c which is
Check the box to indicate if your actual full name is the same as when you became a permanent resident. If you checked “No”, provide your full name (family name(s) and given(s) name(s)) at the time you became permanent resident.​
I checked yes and added my name with space in family name

Not sure why in the application they insist that i write my name as in passport although i didnt even send my passport in the application and will send my pr which has my name with space in family name

So is what I have done sound good ?

2- My parent visa status in the country where they live in (Saudi Arabia) . in Saudi Arabia the visa is called Iqama and I am not sure to which one it point to , some here says it should be worker but my parents for example in Saudi Arabia using same VISA for 40 years approx . so it is there permanent home and I think I should fill permanent resident what do you think ?

And to add to same question for my father is retired and he still hold the Iqama so If I would put worker not sure how to justify that he is retired and still have worker visa ? thats why i decided to go with permanent resident

I need the answers to those 2 questions as they are preventing me from sending the documents till now so if anyone know anything that can help please dont hesitate

Thanks
Yes just use the PR card it is consistent with the rest of the documents and should be fine.

roy_5210

May 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Hi Guys,
I have a question, CIC says:
"If you received an invitation, we must receive your COMPLETE APPLICATION on or before June 28, 2019.

If we receive your application after the deadline, we’ll return it to you. You can’t delay your invitation and apply later. You won’t get another invitation."

So, let's use my case, my application arrived in Ottawa on May 24, what if I am missing some documents, and they didn't return the application until June 28th, that meas I completely lost my opportunity and wasted the invitation, correct?

My point was that if they return the documents by June 1st, I still have some time to gather the missing documents and resubmit by June 28th. Who had this experience? any ideas how long will they take to return the INCOMPLETE application cos we got a very tight time constraint here.

Thanks all!

nishant-j

May 25, 2019
Hello,

I'm sponsoring my mother under the PGP 2019 program invite, she already has a super visa issued in 2016.
I just want to confirm if the 8 digit UCI no required on 'Schedule A-Background Declaration' for principal applicant in the PGP program, is the same as provided on the super visa . However the 8 digit format is just plain numbers with no hyphens as mentioned by CIC on their website, which looks like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can I find my client ID/UCI?
This eight or ten digit number appears on all documents you get from us. It looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no other 8 digit number on the visitor visa. There's a 'document number' but it is EXXXXXXXX1 i.e. excluding 'E" it's nine digit.

Which one should I use? And if neither are not the UCI then how do I get the same, since my mother already has a visitor visa.

Any feedback will be of great assistance!

Thanks,
nishant

Last edited:

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
We don't know my moms / Dads parents DOB. If I keep the field blank, the form is not validating.When I print it, it's marked with RED box outline. Any suggestions what should we do?
Much appreciate your time.

Ewanwan

Jan 1, 2017
Hi Guys,
"If you received an invitation, we must receive your COMPLETE APPLICATION on or before June 28, 2019.

If we receive your application after the deadline, we’ll return it to you. You can’t delay your invitation and apply later. You won’t get another invitation."

So, let's use my case, my application arrived in Ottawa on May 24, what if I am missing some documents, and they didn't return the application until June 28th, that meas I completely lost my opportunity and wasted the invitation, correct?

My point was that if they return the documents by June 1st, I still have some time to gather the missing documents and resubmit by June 28th. Who had this experience? any ideas how long will they take to return the INCOMPLETE application cos we got a very tight time constraint here.

Thanks all!
If u take some time to read PGP2018 thread,u r not able to find any application being returned due to the missing documents or signatures.Instead cic will give u a chance to only resubmit the missing one.As long as ur submitted documents are not crazyly missing, u will be fine.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We don't know my moms / Dads parents DOB. If I keep the field blank, the form is not validating.When I print it, it's marked with RED box outline. Any suggestions what should we do?
Much appreciate your time.
Can you write "unknown"?

STaroo

Nov 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
My wife took family care giver benefit in 2018 for 6 months for my daughter and she is a co-signer in the application.
My question is, Do I have to show her benefit claim in form IMM5768 with starting date and end date and how much she got paid?

roy_5210

May 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
If u take some time to read PGP2018 thread,u r not able to find any application being returned due to the missing documents or signatures.Instead cic will give u a chance to only resubmit the missing one.As long as ur submitted documents are not crazyly missing, u will be fine.
I will go and take a look at it. thanks!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks all!
They will ask you to send back the application with the missing documents. Dont worry.