+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello Everyone,
Why do we need to put the barcode pages at the top, shouldn't it stay with the respective form in the page order, like for IMM1344 its page 8 of 8??

Please advice.

It doesn't say on the checklist to put the barcode pages in any other order specifically?
It is mentioned in the guide. When your package reach cpc they open it. first they will scan bar codes from letter of invitation and your file will be opened with what you filled in EOI form. After that they will scan bar of 1344 and sponsor data would be populated in a wink of eye. A red flag will blink if there is any discrepancy in EOI and 1344. Bar of imm0008 will populate applicant data. Your fin evaluation form will be examined by officer to give DM for sponsorship. Ottawa work is done. Now your package will be transferred to country office for applicants audit and further documentation. If you put bar code beneath papers the officer will have to spend some more time in processing. He won't reject you application. Same is true with stapling papers. Because they have to scan or optical read to populate data into your files. (My intuition)

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
they will most likely get first pick next year.

"If you successfully submitted the interest to sponsor form and you’re not invited in 2019, we’ll keep your submission and contact information. Make sure you keep your email address up to date."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html
In my opinion, they invited first 20,000 applicants in order they receive Interest to Sponsor forms. After going through completeness of these 20,000 applications and eligibility requirements.
They will send invite to next applicants in order they receive the Interest to Sponsor form.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
In my opinion, they invited first 20,000 applicants in order they receive Interest to Sponsor forms. After going through completeness of these 20,000 applications and eligibility requirements.
They will send invite to next applicants in order they receive the Interest to Sponsor form.
They have already invited 26.4k in one go.

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
I believe they have called for all 26.5k right now.
I was in the 24-25k band (approximation after studying all the times given at the beginning of this thread & the earlier thread they shut down) and I was invited. Per an earlier post, they are estimating out of the 26.5k successful EOI people, they will get only MAX 20k eligible applications, hence they called for all 26.5k applications at once. Actually, they will realistically get far less than 20k, judging by all the ineligible goofs posting here that they have just "discovered" that they are short on income requirements.

Last edited:

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Yes all barcodes on top of application
It's not correct...........
Please read carefully.
The application guide says all barcodes on top of application but in brackets it mentions (forms & Supporting documents).
The application here refers to form and supporting document.
While submitting IMM 1344 form, all barcode pages should be on the top of this form.

While submitting IMM 008 form, barcode page should be on top of this forms.
Thank you

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
hi there, i am filling form IMM5768 and have some questions.

here is my situation, i sponsored my wife and mother so far and have one child who was born in canada
now my wife is sponsering her father with me as cosignor

can you guys confirm our answer to following questions.

Question 6
Indicate every other family member not included and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not. Enter the number in the box. -> 1 (Our Child)

Question 10

Complete this section only if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing the undertaking. --> First question - 2 people, my wife and my mom who i sponsored however one confusion this section asks to refer back to 4(i) where i was asked to exclude persons mentioned in question 2 or 3 so the number entered in 4(i) was only 1 however in reality i sponsored 2 people, can you clarify

Question 11
Provide information of your spouse or common-law partner, if she or he is not co-signing the undertaking. -> Left it Not applicable as I am c0-signing the undertaking

Question 12
Provide information of every other family member not listed above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not. entered our sons name here as he is the additional family member that was not listed before.

can you guys please confirm this for me.
thanks a lot in advance.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
FULLY AGREE!

Why will CIC wait for someone who was invited on April 24th but sends the application package on June 28th vs someone who was invited on April 27th and sends the completed package on May 1st.

If they waited, it would be most unfair to someone who was on the ball and submitted a completed package early.

The applications will be processed in the order they are received by CIC and as they get assigned to Case Officers. In fact, there is already one whose application is in the "In-Process" stage.
True. It appears they don't want backlog. They want to clear 2019 work before 2020 invitations sent out at least at sponsor DM level.

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
Hi @YULIA-2016 ,

Please update the spreadsheet :

username : DevangT
Sponsored : Parents
Parents country of citizenship : India
Province : Alberta
Invitation Received Date : April 25
Application Send to Ottawa : May 23
Application Received at Ottawa : May 24

Reactions: YULIA-2016

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not correct...........
Please read carefully.
The application guide says all barcodes on top of application but in brackets it mentions (forms & Supporting documents).
The application here refers to form and supporting document.
While submitting IMM 1344 form, all barcode pages should be on the top of this form.

While submitting IMM 008 form, barcode page should be on top of this forms.
Thank you
absolutely agree!!!!