+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
IMM5768 - Question 14, Family Size for past three years? I am not sure if I include my parents in family size here or not?

I am single. Should I put 1 or 3 for past three years?
Yes u must include all sponsored and dependents on the family size for the past 3 years

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Confirmation Number: 12:05 PM
Invitation Email Received: April 25, 2019 8:56 AM
App sent: May 17, 2019
App received at Ottawa: May 22, 2019

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
I don't know if someone here is keeping track of timelines, but i am sponsoring my 2 parents and my application was received on May 21st
Yes, here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368
To update the spreadsheet, tag Yulia-2016 and please use the format

Username:
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Prov:
Invitation Receive Date:
Aplication Received in Ottawat Date:

Last edited:
Reactions: morinda

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Yes u must include all sponsored and dependents on the family size for the past 3 years
For the same question, what phone number do I provide for past 3 years of employment history? My supervisor's or my company's help desk? I cant add extension for my supervisor's number in that block? Should I provide his cell number instead?

Mermaid222

Mar 16, 2017
So I think I know the answer to this but just in case someone out there has found a loop hole.... I do not have three years of Canadian tax returns, I moved here in May 2018. Is there ANY other option? My parents are older and will be restricted by age in health in the next few years so waiting another three years with the uncertainty of actually getting an invitation to apply is really not a good option....
Does anyone know of another way?
Feeling really annoyed if we cannot apply and I have prevented someone else from applying. I truly thought other sources of income (as assessed for our PR application) were suitable - how can they be suitable for that and not this? Yes, I know earnings in another country do not mean you will be successful in Canada but it is the acceptable bar in the PR application....anyway hoping someone has some ideas out there.....

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
For the same question, what phone number do I provide for past 3 years of employment history? My supervisor's or my company's help desk? I cant add extension for my supervisor's number in that block? Should I provide his cell number instead?
Maybe the company's main line?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
So I think I know the answer to this but just in case someone out there has found a loop hole.... I do not have three years of Canadian tax returns, I moved here in May 2018. Is there ANY other option? My parents are older and will be restricted by age in health in the next few years so waiting another three years with the uncertainty of actually getting an invitation to apply is really not a good option....
Does anyone know of another way?
Feeling really annoyed if we cannot apply and I have prevented someone else from applying. I truly thought other sources of income (as assessed for our PR application) were suitable - how can they be suitable for that and not this? Yes, I know earnings in another country do not mean you will be successful in Canada but it is the acceptable bar in the PR application....anyway hoping someone has some ideas out there.....
U are feeling annoyed? Wait until other members find out u took someone elses spot when u were not eligible lol

Reactions: YVR123

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
Hi everyone.
My PGP application was received on May 9. I can see my application through ECAS shown as "application received" but I was not able to link my application to my cic account.
Has anyone been able to link their application?
Also, Has anyone received AOR? How about biometrics letter? I have paid for biometrics but did not receive any letter for it...

Thanks!
Hey, as per Your parents and grandparents can link their application to their online account:
When we start processing your family members’ application, we’ll send them a letter with their application number.

After they get this letter, the principal applicant can link their application to their online account. This way, they can communicate with us quickly and securely and get updates and messages about their application online.
I believe you need to wait till the principal applicant receives the application number.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Application sent: May 14, 2019
Application Received : May 15, 2019

Not sure if there is a tracking sheet. if yes, please update. thank you guys.
Yes, here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368

To update the spreadsheet, tag Yulia-2016 and please use the format

Username:
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Prov:
Invitation Receive Date:
Aplication Received in Ottawat Date:

Reactions: YULIA-2016

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Maybe the company's main line?
yea, will do that. Also, can you provide me the source for family size answer you provided me earlier?? I am single and sponsoring my mom and dad.

Its just that when filling interest to sponser form I wrote down 3 in family unit and the answer was 1 (I shouldn't have done this and now i have to write an explanation letter for it). Application guide doesnt tell more detail for Q14 in this form.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
yea, will do that. Also, can you provide me the source for family size answer you provided me earlier?? I am single and sponsoring my mom and dad.

Its just that when filling interest to sponser form I wrote down 3 in family unit and the answer was 1 (I shouldn't have done this and now i have to write an explanation letter for it). Application guide doesnt tell more detail for Q14 in this form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Your family size is 3 - assuming ur parents dont have dependents and u dont have kids or previous undertakings :)

Reactions: joe9kah