+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Nsooch

May 16, 2019
Can I use some other document to show my relationship to my parents, school certificates instead of a Birth Certificate?

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Can I use some other document to show my relationship to my parents, school certificates instead of a Birth Certificate?
Provide as many documents as you can that has your parents name
- School Certificates
- Marriage certificate
- Old Passport
- Any gov't issues IDs, etc..
and
- Provide a notarized affidavit

Reactions: danny_scars

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I have a question for passport. Do we need to submit the whole passport (i.e every pages) of the principal applicants and dependents? Or we just need to submit the pages that have name and signature?

Thank you

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Hello, I am filling the application for my mum. My mum did BA in Arts in 1974 but don't have a certificate for that. Does anyone know if affidavit would suffice for this? And who will make the affidavit for this? College or notary?
I know it's not a requirement to attach it now but in case, if they ask for it later. She does not even have 10th class certificate so it might look like all her education is fake :( I guess they didn't think before losing them that one day their children will be in a different country and would be sponsoring them :)

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto

Marti2019

May 15, 2019
According to this link, the Document Checklist needs to be signed. Did anyone else sign this? I'm getting conflicting information on this, or maybe I'm just reading the guide incorrectly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication
No signature required on the Document Checklist ( imm5771e ), I think that you read the guide incorrectly.

Marti2019

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

How to verify that application reached and started processing, I went to ECAS site but it is asking client id or any other records, as I am applying for my parents first time and they never had any record of application for canada before?

Please advise!
You should use your (SPONSOR) UCI Number. Look for your UCI number on:
  • your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit, Citizenship Certificate

Ashk19

May 3, 2019
When did your application received in Ottawa? I sent mine on 30th April but I don't see anything in ECAS yet.
Hi Can you please help me to have access to ECAS?? I read all instructions provided by others and despite I have UCI number from my citizenship file in past and my parents have UCI number from their visitor visa in 4 years a go, but still can't go inside!!!

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I doubt it matters if you sign the checklist of not. Seems irrelevant.
If you want you can sign it, but it's not required.