Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
My wife is co-signing the application. does she also has to write 4 in the family size in her employment history ? she only got the job in 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My wife is co-signing the application. does she also has to write 4 in the family size in her employment history ? she only got the job in 2018
She will put the same family size as you! So if you put 4 she will put 4 too.

Make sure you include your parents also in the family size e.g. if you and your spouse live in Canada and are sponsoring your parents (Mom and Dad), your family size will be 4 and in the form you will have to put it for year 2016, 2017, and 2018. Good luck for your application!

Reactions: ashu.thind

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
She will put the same family size as you! So if you put 4 she will put 4 too.

Make sure you include your parents also in the family size e.g. if you and your spouse live in Canada and are sponsoring your parents (Mom and Dad), your family size will be 4 and in the form you will have to put it for year 2016, 2017, and 2018. Good luck for your application!
Perfect. Thank you.

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
can anyone help find UCI and application number?

I have my mother passport on which there is Multiple entry V-1 visa stamp. There is a Document number starting with E*.

Is the document number same as UCI?

how/where to find application number?
You don't need application number for filling the form, but you need your parents UCI, if you can't find it, just write an explanation letter and attach it with your application package

If your parents have dealt with CIC/ IRCC in the past. There should be UCI on the letters or correspondence with IRCC for visitor or super visa, if you don't have those letters, the visa stamp on your parents passport will also carry UCI#
I have also heard that the visa stamps before year 2010 didn't carry UCI# (NOT A CONFIRMED INFORMATION THOUGH)

Reactions: danny_scars

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Can anyone help with this situation?

I am about to send the APPLICATION for my parents on May 25th.. as i am getting the signed documents next week from my home country (parents still reside there)....

Currently i am in Toronto... however moving to BC for work next month...

The forms i sent for their signatures mentions my TORONTO ADDRESS for communication... i DO NOT have a VANCOUVER ADDRESS yet...

it might be too late for RE-SENDING them the forms and RE-SIGNING...

I was thinking to Send the application with my current address as i am buying CANADA POST MAIL FORWARDING..

Any inputs would be much appreciated...
Go ahead with your current address, do not worry, IRCC will be sending all correspondences via email or MY CIC account, just make sure that once you get an AOR, set up the MY CIC account.

Also, once you submit the forms, and you see the 'received' status on ECAS, notify IRCC about change of your address.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Indian45

May 9, 2019
You don't need application number for filling the form, but you need your parents UCI, if you can't find it, just write an explanation letter and attach it with your application package

If your parents have dealt with CIC/ IRCC in the past. There should be UCI on the letters or correspondence with IRCC for visitor or super visa, if you don't have those letters, the visa stamp on your parents passport will also carry UCI#
I have also heard that the visa stamps before year 2010 didn't carry UCI# (NOT A CONFIRMED INFORMATION THOUGH)

and where do I need to add this UCI number in my application ? which form I mean ?

shav

Jan 14, 2019
me and my husband are sponsoring my mother-in-law. My father-in-law in not accompanying her.
1. Should we include him in imm008 as a dependent or not.
2. what should we write in point 3 of imm008 in which they ask no of. persons in this application.

vic20

May 17, 2019
Hello all .
Sponsoring both my parents for 2019 and had some ( silly) questions .
1) They ask that dependents >18 of parents fill in their own form - does that mean my brother ( who is 40 and lives in Europe ) has to fill in a form as well? ?
I am not sponsoring him and he has no plans to move to Canada .

2) The background asks for details of their parents / family many of whom are deceased -dates( birth and death ) unknown - how do we fill that ?

Thanks
Nevermind about point 1 - I just noticed that they mean dependent children < 22 . Do doesn't apply at all ( I should just read properly hey :))

Still have question regarding point 2 ( additional family information )
We do not have exact death dates of other family members ( due to lost contact ) - I assume the best thing to put is N/A ?

Another question I am wondering about , is whether I should make my dad or mom the Principal Applicant ??

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
me and my husband are sponsoring my mother-in-law. My father-in-law in not accompanying her.
2. what should we write in point 3 of imm008 in which they ask no of. persons in this application.
You can't exclude your father-in-law from the application, even if he doesn't want to come to Canada. So you have to include him in the family size. Perhaps you can put your mother-in-law as a principle applicant and the father-in-law as dependent.

Reactions: danny_scars
R

Ron_13

What is the address to send the courrier with application package?
UPS doesn't send to PO boxes. And the address given in guide and in the invitation email is a PO BOX.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
You will have to add FIL to the application even if he isn't coming to Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: gst8486

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hello,

On IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada, Should I enter information about my Mother in Dependents section?
If Yes, Then What should I select for Question 12 (Dependant Type)?

Thank you!!!
Sorry what is question 12 . I think you mention it as spouse to the principal applicant