+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi there,

Looking at the guide (in bold below) the IMM 0008 Dep form must be completed, I cannot find the exclusion "not included in the generic application....."

I am wondering if you just need to put NONE in the name box and sign it so they have the document included.

The following forms are to be completed, signed and submitted by the Principal Applicant:

If applicable the following:

Its only required if number of dependent are more than 5. that you run out of space on generic application form.
clearly mentioned in the guide.

Mermaid222

Mar 16, 2017
Its only required if number of dependent are more than 5. that you run out of space on generic application form.
clearly mentioned in the guide.
Thanks, I have found that in the guide but I hate that there is a contradictory requirement that it has to be submitted rather than being listed under the option "if applicable the following".

Zaamil

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-2012
Med's Request
+RePCC+ReForms Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 RePCC+ReForms submit Oct 2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 13th Jun 2014 and PPR 2 25 Jun 2014
VISA ISSUED...
You Wish!
LANDED..........
La La Land!
Please add mine as well:

Interest Form: 12:05 ET
Confirmation Email: 12:49 ET
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 24, 2019 17:31 ET
Application Received by CIC: Apr 29, 2019

@usr19 Sorry I forgot the remaining details:
Sponsored People : Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Pakistan
Province: Ontario
SIN/NOA provided: SIN

thanks.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
This will become a problem in the future, if not in the application stage.. My friend who got the PR and don't have last name came here and ended up changing his name in the passport through Indian consulate or else CIC won't issue him a PR card.. Last name is mandatory for CIC I think..

For application stage, you can call up the CIC agent and ask him what is the best course to take.
Just put the first name in the last name field. That's the solution.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?
i sent in the police clearance from our home country with oficial translation knowing full well they might request another one. i did not get one in Canada though as they will most likely ask for another after they review her file and the document checklist tells you not to send one.

yes, i paid for biometrics and mom is currently in Canada under super visa until Oct 2020. if she doesn't need it they can refund it or keep it for all i care: its $85, u are paying over $1000 for everything else.. why risk delaying the process? $85 is not worth it, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: kinetic2214

rosaAdl

Jan 2, 2018
so

Sorry to question your response (refers to Q14 on financial eval form - employment history)
Can you please share where on IRCC website it says that?
They already asked in the previous question about the number to determine minimum income. why would he ask the same again,
that too by year by year. 2016; 2017; 2018

I personally think its just (sponsor, your spouse, your dependents) . year by year as it changed. For example
2016 - sponsor
2017 - sponsor + spouse
2018 - sponsor + spouse + child (dependent)

Greatly appreciate some resource from IRCC for clarification.
I agree. The family size for those years must be the size of the family (dependents and spouse) of the sponsor within those years. In 2018 my parent were not living with me so my family size would be exclusive of who I am going to sponsor.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
yes, i paid for biometrics and mom is currently in Canada under super visa until Oct 2020. if she doesn't need it they can refund it or keep it for all i care: its $85, u are paying over $1000 for everything else.. why risk delaying the process???
It clearly mentions no need to give biometrics:
Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi everyone, happy to find this forum so I can ask my questions. So I'm filling IMM0008 for my parents, I'm confused about the "Dependent" section. Should I include all my sisters and brothers? or just the dependent children? according to definition of dependent child (in their website) is the one under 22 and financially dependent to my parents. But on top of the form it says "You must provide the following details about each of your family members". So Should I include my sister ho is over 22 and financially independent? "each of your family members" includes all children?
Does your sister have a mental condition? IF not, then they don't fall into the definition of the dependent child.

Fill out parents only in IMM0008. Dad as Principal applicant + mom as dependent (or vice versa).
You only need to put the people who you are sponsoring in this form.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Me and my spouse have been married for a year, and we are both signing the sponsorship of my parents, Do they accept our 2 revenues for the past 3 years even if we have been together only for a year ?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Great news, that will make life easier to keep track of the situation :) thanks!

Does anyone knows if AOR are still taking abour 20 days to be delivered after they get the docs ? I'm assuming that nobody has gotten an AOR this year yet, so it might be hard to have an idea....
No, it's not 20 days. It could be lesser or it could be more.
Here's why - When you submit an application very early within the 60-day deadline, officers have time to review it and send you AOR within days or few weeks (rarely months) since fewer applications are being received for the first week or two. But when the deadline approaches, more and more applications are received... it could be thousands within a day. So the bulk receipt of applications at this later stage slows down the review process. If you have submitted your application closer to the deadline, most of the time AORs are received after a few months - approx 2 months at a minimum and up to 4-6 months.

That's why people who know this trend rushed to submit their applications, just because it speeds up the process. Your parents can receive PR within 5 mos - 8 months of processing. This is taking into account that Medicals, PCCs, etc are submitted on time and that there are no other delays whatsoever.

Reactions: zeiesfirdaus