+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. But they already know what is my family size (me + co-signer+dependent+applicant) and they can check it against the income table.

What is the point of asking for family size in the employment history for every year if the answer for family size is going to be the same as my current family size?
The reason they ask for each year is to confirm your income was sufficient to support family for each given year. As the family size can change on based of Birth or Death of family member for a given period of time. Weather this criteria of IRCC is good or bad, This is what they have decided to do.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone, happy to find this forum so I can ask my questions. So I'm filling IMM0008 for my parents, I'm confused about the "Dependent" section. Should I include all my sisters and brothers? or just the dependent children? according to definition of dependent child (in their website) is the one under 22 and financially dependent to my parents. But on top of the form it says "You must provide the following details about each of your family members". So Should I include my sister ho is over 22 and financially independent? "each of your family members" includes all children?

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The reason they ask for each year is to confirm your income was sufficient to support family for each given year. As the family size can change on based of Birth or Death of family member.

So to clarify, for question 14 , the family size is the same throughout the tax years (even if a new baby was born let's say the first tax year )?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
did you prepare T4 at the end of year for the gross income? Otherwise you/your CA must have entered Gross income in the personal income tax. You could use that. Thats what i plan to do for my co-signer.
No, the accountant did not prepare any T4.
For the 3 years, I have the gross personal income from line 150 on NOA,
But i for these 4 months from Jan 2019 to present, I dont know what can i put there.
As for employed, we use the year to date for this period.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
For discrepancy between EOI and application regarding family UNIT and family SIZE, any format for written explanation? Should I quote their twitter screenshot and also gather your documents before the form was released ?
ANYONE ? OR Do we even need to send any explanation at all if we are filling the application correctly ?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Folks,

A quick question, I searched in past years but I couldn't find any satisfactory answer.

Who receives the AOR, the sponsor (me ) or the principal applicant (my father ) or both?

I mean, given that they have requested both emails, I'm kind in doubt about who is going to be informed that our package has landed correctly.

If someone knows the answer, I would much appreciate the help
Thanks!
You (the Sponsor) will receive the AOR sent via email.

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
So to clarify, for question 14 , the family size is the same throughout the tax years (even if a new baby was born let's say the first tax year )?
I spoke to the agent. what i under stood was
2018 - 3+2 ( you, spouse, child, parents) - assume child was born
2017 - 2+2 (you spouse parents)
2016 - 2+2 (you spouse parents)

Reactions: niting80

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?
My mos is here as a visitor, so initially I didn't pay $85 but then I was kind of scared . So I requested for a refund and made a new payment with $85 for biometric's. Just to be on the safer side .....

Reactions: danny_scars

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let us suppose Ron and his wife Lora are married in 2016. They want to sponsor parents. In March 2017 they had a baby. so his family size will be as following.

2016 - Ron + Lora + (Parents for sponsorship), Total is 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
2017 - Ron + Lora + baby + (Parents for sponsorship), Total is 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5
2018 - Ron + Lora + baby + (Parents for sponsorship), Total is 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5

Last edited:

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Last year my wife sent only bio page of passports and her parents landed as PRs, never got asked for full passport, I guess if they need it they will ask for all passports old or new later

Agree. Bio pages only. I don't know why IRCC twitter always answers differently from the guideline. o_O

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
I spoke to the agent. what i under stood was
2018 - 3+2 ( you, spouse, child, parents) - assume child was born
2017 - 2+2 (you spouse parents)
2016 - 2+2 (you spouse parents)
Are you writing for 2019 as well? First row says "To Present"!

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
For those who already submitted the application, did you send in the entire passport of your parents or just biographical pages? Social Media twitter is saying need to send entire passport but call centre agent said only bio pages enough and they may request later for full passport current and old. What should we do? Is there anything in the guide that say must submit full passport?
No. Bio pages only. Nothing in the guideline.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Anyone else can answer this
do we have to notarize PR CARD copies,marriage certificate & birth certificates copies if they are in English?

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yeah I did called that number
After one minute or so dial 2120, It will direct you to representative who deals with PGP Category.

Hope it helps
Thanks. i was able to speak to the agent. what i understood from the agent was this
2018 - 2+2 ( you, spouse, parents) - assume you get married.
2017 - 1+2 (you & parents)
2016 - 1+2 (you & parents)

is this your understanding as well?
Thanks