+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Guys, please advise. I remember someone posted " Checked with CIC agent and IMM5768, family size we do not have to include our parents" . I am confused. Any advise
I am sponsoring my father and mother. So the family size is 2 (Me + wife) or 4 (Me+Wife+ Father +Mother) for Q 14 and 17
FAMILY SIZE: YOU (1) + WIFE(1) + Father(1) + Mother(1) = 4.

Write a note in your file also if you are still in doubt. It won't hurt.

Reactions: jittujobyjohn_1985

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I started contacting the number at 8 AM EST today. Kept trying for like 20 times and finally got an agent at 9 AM.
You will need to validate the form as its mentioned in the checklist. Put the 1900/01/01. Then you can do what am I am planning to do.
Hi
So you have to put a month and date, like 01/01 as proxy and must validate the form correct?. i.e can not send unvalidated form
if I may ask what are you planning to do? provide explanation note?

Thanks

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Is there anybody who applied for parents and grandparents in 2018 and hasn't received Passport request yet. As i got Decision made in march 27 and pre arrival services email as well but hasn't received passport request
Passport Request will be sent to the applicant's email address.
Follow up with their local visa office.

zfe4912

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, for IMM0008enu, 3) how many family members, including you, are in this application? Is this answer should include all my family memebr (my husband and I) and also my parents(mother and father) I will spouse? Total is 4?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Guys, for IMM0008enu, 3) how many family members, including you, are in this application? Is this answer should include all my family memebr (my husband and I) and also my parents(mother and father) I will spouse? Total is 4?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?
Not a harm but IRCC might request a new one later because the instruction says that you do not need to submit PCC as that will be requested later on.

Reactions: danny_scars

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Guys, please advise. I remember someone posted " Checked with CIC agent and IMM5768, family size we do not have to include our parents" . I am confused. Any advise
I am sponsoring my father and mother. So the family size is 2 (Me + wife) or 4 (Me+Wife+ Father +Mother) for Q 14 and 17
We have included parents too along with us.

Reactions: jittujobyjohn_1985

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Hi
So you have to put a month and date, like 01/01 as proxy and must validate the form correct?. i.e can not send unvalidated form
if I may ask what are you planning to do? provide explanation note?

Thanks
Yes. For validation, you will need to put the values. No choice as this form has to be validated.
Print it and then cancel the date. Initialize the field with the name and mention 'see attached'.
In extra note, refer to the field and the form name and mention the reason of you doing this as you had no option.
Tell them that you werent not able to find the exact month and day and only know the year. Simple explanation is required.

shaik929

Feb 11, 2019
Hello All, I just started filling my application for my mother who is in India now. Do i need any documents from her other than Passport.
I am planning to fill all the Primary applicant documents by myself. Do we need to submit the Police clearance certificate,Bio metric while i am sending the whole package on June 28th.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Can you add your spouse as a co-signer to the application? I didn't add my wife as a co-signer on the Interest Form. Wondering if I can still add her?
Yes you can. Co-signer is for income eligibility and I don't think so they have asked for the same at the time of interest form process.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Hello All, I just started filling my application for my mother who is in India now. Do i need any documents from her other than Passport.
I am planning to fill all the Primary applicant documents by myself. Do we need to submit the Police clearance certificate,Bio metric while i am sending the whole package on June 28th.
No Police clearance, Biometric at this point of time. IRCC will request these documents at later stages.
Regarding documents , you need your mother passport copy, Birth certificate , marriage certificate(in case father is accompanying). You can check the document check list for more clarity.

shaik929

Feb 11, 2019
No Police clearance, Biometric at this point of time. IRCC will request these documents at later stages.
Regarding documents , you need your mother passport copy, Birth certificate , marriage certificate(in case father is accompanying). You can check the document check list for more clarity.
Thank you for your quick response. My Mother does not have marriage certificate. Is there any alternate( my father expired). Please suggest

shaik929

Feb 11, 2019
Thank you for your quick response. My Mother does not have marriage certificate. Is there any alternate( my father expired). Please suggest
Also my Mother signature is in local indian language. Do we need translation document for signature

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
IT SHOULD BE page from the form
Going by the form, it says "If additional space is required attach a separate sheet". Going by this, I created a custom word file and made a table like section C and filled the 2 extra family member's information & got it signed by my mother.

Can you please tell me if that ll be an issue? Or should I give my parents another copy of IMM 5406 form and fill Section C with extra info?

Is there any guild line for this somewhere? I ll really appreciate. Thanks.