+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Would it work for cases that birth date falls in 1800?
How did you contact IRCC...it keeps telling me to call back later
I started contacting the number at 8 AM EST today. Kept trying for like 20 times and finally got an agent at 9 AM.
You will need to validate the form as its mentioned in the checklist. Put the 1900/01/01. Then you can do what am I am planning to do.

Reactions: Ramona2019

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Guys, please advise. I remember someone posted " Checked with CIC agent and IMM5768, family size we do not have to include our parents" . I am confused. Any advise
I am sponsoring my father and mother. So the family size is 2 (Me + wife) or 4 (Me+Wife+ Father +Mother) for Q 14 and 17

Reactions: SanjayBansal84

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Except using courier for sure which I know, anyone know how else to get my parents passport photos? As they are not in Canada, they live in Nigeria.
Can I print a digital/electronic copy if I have it here. Please help?

Thanks a lot

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Form Schedule A/Background/ Declaration (Form 5669) question: My grand parents date of birth is not known. What should I provide in their Date of birth field?

I verified the checklist and in this they specifically mention: "For this form to be accepted, you must:a) complete it b) validate it c) print it d) sign it."
But on the application user guide they have mentioned that one can fill * symbol for unknown figure in a date. The missing information can be added by hand but the form cannot be validated. In this field, there is no option to enter 'unknown'. Also, by entering *-*-* the form cannot be validated.

Now I am not sure where to get my grand parents date of birth. Confused.

Hi. Did you get any clarification?
If only year is known, do you know if putting Jan 1 as proxy for date and month will work?

Daljit1313

May 6, 2019
Is there anybody who applied for parents and grandparents in 2018 and hasn't received Passport request yet. As i got Decision made in march 27 and pre arrival services email as well but hasn't received passport request

Feb 8, 2019
Guys, please advise. I remember someone posted " Checked with CIC agent and IMM5768, family size we do not have to include our parents" . I am confused. Any advise
I am sponsoring my father and mother. So the family size is 2 (Me + wife) or 4 (Me+Wife+ Father +Mother) for Q 14 and 17

I have the same question.. Can someone please advice.

Prince DXB

May 20, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to declare travel history in Background information already. If IRCC will have an interest then they will ask specifically "All pages of Passport" .
I have helped friends and relatives to fill their Forms and never got asked for all pages by IRCC. All of them got the visa approved an already in Canada.
Have you even been requested for all pages even if they are blank by IRCC after submission ?.

Do we have to submit travel history, in what address section?
Coz Someone told me that we have to just fill their residential address, as they did not change their residence during the travel...

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Not sure if you got a reply to the National Identity Card question. In India, the Aadhar Card is not technically a National Identity Card, though it is used as such. Australia considers it as such, but not Canada.
People are taking different courses of action on this. Some are including it, some saying N/A. I was planning to put it in but then took it out after reading the various threads. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I have decided to put NA. On aadhar card, the address is entered incorrectly so don't want to get into another mess

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

Jolly1234

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Please read the guideline from the link below. It explains everything. It even has a checklist! How good is that?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

If sponsoring parents, you only need to submit your birth cert. If sponsoring grandparents, then you need to submit the birth certificate of that parent (either your mom or dad).
Thanks for reply.
I have one more question.
Do we need to submit my parents educational certificate also??
I am sponsoring my parents only.
Please help anyone.

Thanks
Jolly

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
Can you add your spouse as a co-signer to the application? I didn't add my wife as a co-signer on the Interest Form. Wondering if I can still add her?

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Hi. Did you get any clarification?
If only year is known, do you know if putting Jan 1 as proxy for date and month will work?
Hello Salvi
I contacted the IRCC agent today. She mentioned that to complete the form to any estimated date(As close as possible). Validate the form. Then print it.
Cut that date and initialize that field with the name. write 'see attached' and write a note referencing this and explain that you don't know the exact date.

I hope this helps somebody in the same situation.
In your case: Just mention 01/01 for mm/dd. Later on, print it and cancel the date and follow the steps as mentioned earlier.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello guys

Can you pls comment on below questions

#1 I don't have Birth certificate from India. I have my mother's name on Indian Passports. Would that be sufficient for application (for mother)?

#2 I only have a marriage certificate from Gurdwara. Would that be sufficient along with Passport which has my wife's name ?

Thanks for responding.

persons born before 1989 can submit the matric (10th) Certificate which acts as Birth certificate

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?