+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
I got affidavit done for my father's name as there was a spelling difference on his passport and my birth certificate, during his supervisa application and the affidavit said that " this affidavit is for my Supervisa application". NOW I am applying for his PR do we have to get a new affidavit or I can submit the same affidavit which I used during supervisa. please advise
I submitted original one when I applied for Visitor visa which didn't specify purpose of the affidavit and I kept a copy for my own records. Now for PR, I submitted new original one since the old one was expired (lawyers renewal was expired as per all stamps on affidavit). This one also does not specify the purpose of affidavit. It just says about spelling/name variances. Hope it helps!

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
My second question is - imm5669e question 10 address section -

1) do i have to mention all his address he stayed as his home/mailing address
OR
2) He visited me a couple of times for 4 month in canada and my brother in US for 5 months a couple of times - I have to add our address as well as he stayed for 4-5 months.

Thanks for your help in advance
I have not included my parents 4 months visit of Canada since it is less than 6 months!

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Guys,

I am in a weird situation for form IMM5406 and on the section c section it says " Brothers and Sisters (including half and step-brothers and sisters)my grandmother married twice my mother is with the first husband and there is a stepbrother with the second husband but now my grandmother is not alive and there are no papers for divorce and remarriage and now I am just wondering

Should I put her step-brother's name in the application or if I do as it is just additional family information form, CIC asks for more documentation or should I leave it empty?

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
He is stating a fact. Didnt call you names or anything. Dont you agree it is a waste of money and time to hire an immigration lawyer if you can do it yourself?
Of course I can do it myself. We are all human, we all make mistakes. Hope your application is perfect and complete. Ppl like you never make mistake.

Rcdcosta

Nov 21, 2011
What document can we submit if parents do not have marriage certificate? Will affidavit or their passport pages work as a proof of applicant to his/her spouse?

PGP_Coast

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi all, I received so many private message about checking your status on the EACS. Here is what you need to do:

Go to this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Chose "Using Unique Identification Number" (UCI), for you it will be on COPR doc, for your parent it will be FPC number on visa.

Enter only your last name or your parent last name

Enter the date of birth

Enter country of birth

If you enter your own UCI you will see that you have application to sponsor and it will show your address and also show your application as received and when you click on it you will see your parents names.

If you use your parent UCI you will only see "We received your Permanent Resident Application on 30 April".

Note that my application reached IRCC on 26 Apr but it only shown as received on 30 April.

I called IRCC last week and an agent said that once the receiving officer scan your barcodes, those will be updated into the systems. HOWEVER it does not mean that your case has passed the completion test, it will be much later 8-12 weeks depends on the case load and how busy the case processing officer is for the cases in her pile before you. Once she found your application completed, she will put into Processing and status changed to IN PROCESS. At that stage you are safe. However if your application is not complete, it will be returned and you can only express interest again next year. Your status will changed from Application Received to DECISION MADE and you will receive a rejection letter later together with the full package. The agent also warns that there can be many reasons an app be returned so must stick to the guide extremely carefully.

For those who worried that the app not shown in status, eCAS usually only update the status once a week, most often on Tuesday night.
Can we still see ECAS status after receiving invitation to apply letter or ECAS is only updated once you submit your application?

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
I am attaching IRCC Twitter tweets with explanation letter and that might help.
Could you provide me a link of the post from IRCC regarding to this matter? That is appreciated!

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello everyone. Question about IMM 65768
Me and my common law doesn't have previous undertaking. How can i make the total number of family member into 4? I put the number like this. Please advice if this is correct. Thank you in advance
2. Me - 1 Sponsor
3. Current undertaking - 1 my mom only
5. Common law - 1
6. My son - 1
Me + Common law + baby + Mom = 4

Last edited:

Karolina1987

May 5, 2019
Hello All-

I have finally been accepted to sponsor my grandma (after trying for the past three years), as part of the 2019 parents and grandparents sponsorship.

I have a few questions, relating to different forms that I am hoping someone can help with.

1) IMM 5768- Financial Evaluation, Question #14 - employment history for the last THREE taxation years (2016, 2017 and 2018) when filling out the form it states from to Present, I do have my T4 for 2018 should I just include that OR should I include up to my last paystub (2019) ?
2) IMM 5768- Financial Evaluation, Question #14- Family size- I am the sole sponsor (single) of my grandma, do I state 1 (myself) or (2 my grandma and myself).

3)IMM 008- Generic Application, Question #3- how many family members, enter the total number of family members, this includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not. - My grandma has a son that is an adult (49 years old) do we need to include him or not?

4)IMM 5669-Background/Declaration, Question #6- provide details on your personal history since the age of 18 or the past TEN years, whichever is most recent. - my grandma has been retired for over 16 years, the questions requires specific dates, do I put the date that she retired (over 16 years ago) or do I just type in the date TEN years past today's date?
5)IMM 5990- Background/Declaration, Question #10- residential address since the age of 18 or the past TEN years, whichever is most recent. - again my grandma has been living at the same address for OVER TEN years, form requests specific dates, do I type in the date she actually moved to the currant address (over 15 years ago) OR do I just type in the date TEN years past today's date?

6) Proof of applicants relationship to sponsor- This requires my a copy of my birth certificate as well as my moms, they are both NOT English, therefore I need them translated. Is getting the document translation done by a professional translator and sworn before Commissioner for Affidavits good enough, OR do I need to get is Notarized as well?

Those are all of the questions that I have.... I hope that I can get some help :)

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
PLEASE HELP/COMMENT.......I'm filling in the Schedule 1 for my father. His father's date of birth is in 1800 which the the form does not accept. The guideline says write it with hand if before 1900, however the form cannot be validated. What should I do? anyone had the same experience? Is it fine to send them the form which is not marked as Validated?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I consulted one of the immigration agent in Brampton.
I will be attaching my birth certificate along with a explanation letter + my post secondary transcript + my cancelled indian passport + copy of OCI. All these docs have my name and my parents name.
Hope it helps
Thanks a lot! Yeah, it is helpful.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why? Were his parents living with him for past 3 years that are being mentioned on Financial Eval form?
It does not matter if they lived with him from the last 3 years or not. This is criteria to check if the sponsor is financially stable before the sponsorship and during sponsorship. There is no clause for "If the Parents were living with you in last 3 years". Weather this criteia is good or bad, it is what IRCC have decided to do.

Last edited: