+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

huzcan

May 6, 2013
For Parents:
1. do we need to send copy of all the pages of passport ?
2. Do we need to send copies of all the pages of all the passports even previously held or just the current valid passport?

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
Just use the document submission link from CIC and submit the form again with an explanation letter.
Thx for your reply. But we submit paper application, how it work to submit online, don't have any status shows online yet. Thank you.

huzcan

May 6, 2013
The checklist states: "Copy of Travel Document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent".

Does this mean a copy of the whole passport booklet or just the bio pages?
The guide does not say about this.
Did you get a response?

asw

Jun 27, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
Interview........
15-3-2012
Guys

#1 I don't have Birth certificate from India. I have my mother's name on Indian Passports. Would that be sufficient for application (for mother)?

#2 I only have a marriage certificate from Gurdwara. Would that be sufficient along with Passport which has my wife's name ?

Thanks for responding.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
I submit my application alreay, just realized I missed birthday and address on form additional family information for both of my parents. Totally didn't see it:( Is anything I can do it now. So scared they will return my application. Thx all.
You have not yet been assigned a file number. So, even if you send the form again, where will it go? I may be wrong, just a thought.

The other alternative may be that you can wait it out. As soon as your assigned a file number (through confirm of receipt email), you can send the form again or they will ask you to re-submit the form with complete information. I believe they will provide with an opportunity to provide the information.

A friend of mine has applied for his dad last year. He forgot to send an entire form with the application. CIC did not reject the application instead asked for the missing form to be submitted.

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
You have not yet been assigned a file number. So, even if you send the form again, where will it go? I may be wrong, just a thought.

The other alternative may be that you can wait it out. As soon as your assigned a file number (through confirm of receipt email), you can send the form again or they will ask you to re-submit the form with complete information. I believe they will provide with an opportunity to provide the information.

A friend of mine has applied for his dad last year. He forgot to send an entire form with the application. CIC did not reject the application instead asked for the missing form to be submitted.
Thank you very much.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
I submit my application alreay, just realized I missed birthday and address on form additional family information for both of my parents. Totally didn't see it:( Is anything I can do it now. So scared they will return my application. Thx all.
Isn’t it this is one of the reason people hire immigration lawyers but people like you are saying it s waste of money and time?

Reactions: PAP13 and nayr69sg