Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
if someone is in Canada for 2 months only right now while filling application what should he write in question 10 of generic application form imm 08. Should it write current country of residence or should put original country of citizenship?

Pls help

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if someone is in Canada for 2 months only right now while filling application what should he write in question 10 of generic application form imm 08. Should it write current country of residence or should put original country of citizenship?

Pls help
If you parents will stay here for a while then Current Country to residence is Canada and status will be visitor. if you know they are leaving soon then put original country of citizenship.

Last edited:

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
As i have seen many people talking to go to USA for Biometric. I am assuming they are talking to go to USA because their parents are in Canada.

If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
Does it mean if the parents are in Canada at the time of the application submission? How about if one or both of them come for a visit in a month?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it mean if the parents are in Canada at the time of the application submission? How about if one or both of them come for a visit in a month?
Yes the time you submit. If they will come after submission then they need to do Biomatric.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramona2019

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Hi everyone! A question about IMM 5768:

I am sponsoring my 2 parents and my wife is sponsoring her 2 parents. We are both each other's co-signers, so our family size is 6. How do I fill questions 3-6 so that the total number becomes 6?

My guess, but could be wrong:
Q2: 1
Q3A: 4
Q3B: 0
Q4: 0
Q5:1
Q6: 0

SUM: 6

Am I right? Or should my spouse's parents be mentioned in Q4? Thanks for replying!
Spouse parents 2 will be in 4ii

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Me and my wife are applying for both of our parent's sponsorship application under PGP 2019 (Family of 6). We are singing each other's applications as co-signers. Do we mention this current undertaking (2019 applications) in this form as undertaking not yer in effect? in other words do I mention my wife's parents (whom I am co-signing) in question no 3 B-iv in this form? Thank you in advance for your help.
your co-signing spouse parent will be in 4ii

huzcan

May 6, 2013
I am just about to send application for my parents. They are currently in India and will arrive here in Aug on Visitor Visa for atleast 6 months. If they get their biometrics and PCC requested while in Canada, how to arrange these without going back to India?
if by that time they dont start their Canada centers, they have to go back or go to US

Prince DXB

May 20, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got affidavit done for my father's name as there was a spelling difference on his passport and my birth certificate, during his supervisa application and the affidavit said that " this affidavit is for my Supervisa application". NOW I am applying for his PR do we have to get a new affidavit or I can submit the same affidavit which I used during supervisa. please advise

Prince DXB

May 20, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My second question is - imm5669e question 10 address section -

1) do i have to mention all his address he stayed as his home/mailing address
OR
2) He visited me a couple of times for 4 month in canada and my brother in US for 5 months a couple of times - I have to add our address as well as he stayed for 4-5 months.

Thanks for your help in advance

Reactions: CA2510

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hey canuck78, don't be disappointed or upset as all of us those who know or are familiar with the process know that IRCC will not tolerate a cent shortage of the required income. But, there is a big but, people who is short of income and are very determine to try. They will submit their application with or without our comments. They did not come here to ask for our opinion but to gain our sympathy of what they are doing hence we can just empathy with them. I hope, after they get rejected, they should learn the lesson and be careful next time. Think of it like people who speeding, obviously knowing that is a violation of the law and risk being ticketed yet they still do. Will this waste police's time? Yes, it sure does but that is exactly the fine (or fees in the IRCC case) are there for.
During the pre-submission time (before Jan 28), I remember myself and lots of seniors in this sub forum have replied/warned "No, you should not" to all threads that asked something like "should I applied if I was just $100 short...", or "I just want to sponsor my mother as my father for sure did not want to go..." so and so... Apparently, it did not work and would not work now either.
Sometime, you just can't help it. What to do?
Well said...

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
I submit my application alreay, just realized I missed birthday and address on form additional family information for both of my parents. Totally didn't see it:( Is anything I can do it now. So scared they will return my application. Thx all.

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Need Help;
Question 14: On Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]; Family Size to be added for each corresponding employment history. Are you guys including parents in the family size as well.?

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
I submit my application alreay, just realized I missed birthday and address on form additional family information for both of my parents. Totally didn't see it:( Is anything I can do it now. So scared they will return my application. Thx all.
Just use the document submission link from CIC and submit the form again with an explanation letter.