+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Yes people who don’t meet the income requirements for 2016, 2017 and 2018 shouldn’t have applied in the first place and shouldn’t be encouraged to take a chance especially when they are thousands of dollars off LICO. Sure many share my opinion.
YOU ARE RIGHT..

mkc2211

May 2, 2019
Hello Friends,

My parents are here in Canada on a Super Visa, so I have selected Canada as Current Country of Residence in Imm 0008 Form, but what should be the status in this case? Visitor or Other

Thanks,
MK

gh6506

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Hello Friends,

My parents are here in Canada on a Super Visa, so I have selected Canada as Current Country of Residence in Imm 0008 Form, but what should be the status in this case? Visitor or Other

Thanks,
MK
Definitely visitor

Canpr19

May 4, 2019
Hi, I need to know that in form IMM 5669 #10 - Address, do I need to provide all the address in the past 10 years where my parents lived including family visits/vacation to US?
In my case my parents visited so many times to my brother in US in the last 10 years. Each stay was between 5 to 6 months (but not more that 6 months). I know for sure this need to be included in question # 6 "Personal History" but not sure if the same has to be included in question # 10 as well. The CIC guide is not clear on this, all they say "Indicate the residential addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent".

Reactions: CA2510

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
On the checklist- no. 6 it says background schedule A form complete it validate it print it and sign your name in writing with handwritten signature. But on the form its says electronic signature which Is contradictory. Please guide

mkc2211

May 2, 2019
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) -
Question 10: Enter any government positions you have held in the past..

My mom worked as a Nurse in a government hospital (retired now),Confused on what to select as an answer "Yes" or "No".. Pls help

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
IMM5669 Box 6 Personal History.
Read the description. Clearly says "Travelling" amongst a bunch of things...(with two ll's that too; how I love Queen's English :)).

Everyone, please READ the guide and forms carefully. PLEASE. All members in this forum are happy to help where they can; but the onus of completing your application so that it does not get rejected is on YOU. Remember, you are doing this for your parents.

I have flashbacks of how my father, read, reread, checked, double checked and then just for kicks, checked my University application form again (a breeze as compared to this) back in the day. God, just teared up thinking of that just now...
Maybe you filled in the old form dear. The IMM5669 does not ask for travel history. Question 6 is bunch of yes/no questions for background check. So please dont confuse people here.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) -
Question 10: Enter any government positions you have held in the past..

My mom worked as a Nurse in a government hospital (retired now),Confused on what to select as an answer "Yes" or "No".. Pls help
Based on my previous experience with my parents application (I wrote about it before) I'd say yes. Even if IRCC considers her position to be a non government position, they will not hold it aginst you. My "test question" for this part of the application would be "who paid your parent's salary?" . If it was paid by the government, answer "yes", if they worked for a private company or were self-employed, then "no". The list with the examples of government jobs they give is too short and does not include all positions they consider to be government.

Reactions: mkc2211

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Looks like lots of your proof documents are not even required or needed by CIC as per their checklist but it never hurts. I don't think University educations certificates, Resume, Service tax registration, Tax statements last 10 years, Aadhar Card etc are even required at all. I am not including any one of the above documents at all. Always go with what has been asked from my point of view. Sometimes too much unnecessary information can cause confusion too.
agreed this is waste of time and money and can sure cause confusion for the officer handling the file as to what it is as he may or may not know what Adhar card or other documents are. SO STICK WITH WHAT HAS BEEN ASKED FOR IN THE CHECK LIST

Reactions: Ramona2019

kepler

Sep 17, 2013
Folks,
Was wondering for copies of passports for my parents, only first page is enough or I should include all pages with stamps and visas? Nothing specific in the guide. I thought only biological info page should be enough.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Great thanks. Any idea how soon we will get the biometrics invitations? I'm concerned as my parents are coming to visit us early August. I cannot send them back home for biometrics then. I hope we receive the bio letters soon.
they wont start processing the applications untill after june28. They will be processed after they weed out complete 20k applications. iam very surprised to read this some of you have your EcAs updated without even having the official AOR sent . Bit surprising.

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man