+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm in canada and I'm sponsoring my parents,
I am their dependent so I guess I will need to fill the IMM 5669 (background) and the IMM5406 (additional family information), right?
imm 5406 is more confusing
in the application guide, it says

"Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
This form must be completed by:

• You, as the principal applicant,
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not). "

in the form itself, it says
"the principal applicant, their spouse----, and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form"
so technically I am a dependent of my parents, and I need to fill IMM 5406
Are you financially dependent on your parents (living with them), or have you left them and are independently living in Canada?

Reactions: SharleenALEX

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Are you financially dependent on your parents (living with them), or have you left them and are independently living in Canada?
Thank you for your help. I am independently live in Canada and I am sponsoring them to come to canada
can you please tell me where it says dependents meaning finically dependent? Sorry I'm not able to find it

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IMM5669 Box 6 Personal History.
Read the description. Clearly says "Travelling" amongst a bunch of things...(with two ll's that too; how I love Queen's English :)).

Everyone, please READ the guide and forms carefully. PLEASE. All members in this forum are happy to help where they can; but the onus of completing your application so that it does not get rejected is on YOU. Remember, you are doing this for your parents.

I have flashbacks of how my father, read, reread, checked, double checked and then just for kicks, checked my University application form again (a breeze as compared to this) back in the day. God, just teared up thinking of that just now...

In IMM 5669, it says, "if you were not working, providing information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc."

From my understanding, if my parents are working full time, and they were just traveling during vacations, those travels do not need to be listed, am I correct?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Me and my wife are applying for both of our parent's sponsorship application under PGP 2019 (Family of 6). We are singing each other's applications as co-signers. Do we mention this current undertaking (2019 applications) in this form as undertaking not yer in effect? in other words do I mention my wife's parents (whom I am co-signing) in question no 3 B-iv in this form? Thank you in advance for your help.
yes,both of you, you family size is 6 for both applications

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks for helping us have one location, whichever it is. (I included everyone that followed the template)
I had 23 people who sent applications, you have just 3, I don't think Zoho is useful in this case

Last edited:

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Thank you for your help. I am independently live in Canada and I am sponsoring them to come to canada
can you please tell me where it says dependents meaning finically dependent? Sorry I'm not able to find it
It is implicit. I don't think they have defined it anywhere.
Let others chip in.
Why do you think that you are their dependent?

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
It is implicit. I don't think they have defined it anywhere.
Let others chip in.
Why do you think that you are their dependent?

...you are right...i never carefully thought the meaning of "dependent"....i think it make sense that I am not their dependent....

Reactions: kimat

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
In IMM 5669, it says, "if you were not working, providing information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc."

From my understanding, if my parents are working full time, and they were just traveling during vacations, those travels do not need to be listed, am I correct?
Technically no, up to you. From what I have read most people have provided travel information. As my mom was a homemaker, I provided that info. Also mom&dad travel together so also did for my father. This way all passport stamps and travel history correspond.

Unfortunately, it becomes a rather lengthy form. My parents had over 3 pages of travel history alone...

Reactions: SharleenALEX

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Technically no, up to you. From what I have read most people have provided travel information. As my mom was a homemaker, I provided that info. Also mom&dad travel together so also did for my father. This way all passport stamps and travel history correspond.

Unfortunately, it becomes a rather lengthy form. My parents had over 3 pages of travel history alone...

thank you...maybe I should do that too...

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Yes people who don’t meet the income requirements for 2016, 2017 and 2018 shouldn’t have applied in the first place and shouldn’t be encouraged to take a chance especially when they are thousands of dollars off LICO. Sure many share my opinion.
What about those who meet 2016 to 2018 LICO but know they wont meet 2019?

Please answer this question cos that's what's being asked now.

Should they apply?

gh6506

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Hi,friends
I am single, for imm 5768 question 1, should I answer "no" or leave this question blank?
Thank you!