+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi
In form 1344, they are asking for last name as indicated in passport for principal applicant. My father does not have surname on passport but this is mandatory field. what should i do should i put given name in last name and leave given name empty or put NA in surname?
When no last name first name goes in last name field. You can put NA or FNU in first name field.
Disclaimer: discussion not professional advice

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi everyone,

I am confused about biometrics, and can't seem to find this question answered previously. I'm sponsoring my mom who lives in Ukraine, and it looks like she will have to submit biometrics regardless of whether or not she gave them in the past.

My question is: do we pay the biometrics fee at the time of submitting our sponsorship application, and then get a letter with instructions on how she can submit them? Or do biometrics have to be done before we submit our application? Everything I've read seems to be suggesting the former, but I want to make sure, just in case.
Hi friend. Pay BM fee now they will send you instruction about venue and date to get BM (nearest to home)

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Family size question... sponsoring my parents (mom and dad). My spouse is the co-signer.

2016 - single
2017 - single
2018 - married
2019 - married

What will be the Family sizes:
2016 - 3
2017 - 3
2018 - 4
2019 - 4
Or.. family of 4 between 2016-18???

Also, what will be the family size for my spouse employment history?
2016 - 1
2017 - 1
2018 - 4
2019 - 4

any thoughts?

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
no you should not do that because the photographer should sign the back of the photo, confirming parents are on the photo.Don't risk the chance of rejected application.

The back of one (1) photo must:

• bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio;
  • bear the date the photo was taken;
  • The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are not accepted.
Where does it say that the photographer/ studio has to sign the back of the photo?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Advise needed: Please share suggeations

If we once validate the form print and sign,
After that if any changes are made/validated
Would that affect?

Considering sending application to parents via email. Will print all the application here, will ask parents to just return the pages with signs
Will have pages with barcodes printed here.

Thinking if the person who receives (a cyber cafe), the application would not try to change anything for curiosity. And if accidentally hits something.
If i have the original validated here with me and
i attach the returned signed pages from parents to it?

Thank yoi in advance

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Where does it say that the photographer/ studio has to sign the back of the photo?

“The back of one (1) photo must:

• bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio;
  • The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are not accepted”

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
I had asked the same question and the agent told me it's ok to club your income in a single row if you are working for the same employer. The agents don't have all the details they also answer from the Guide.

Agree. Clubbing the income row is fine. Done this before and it was okay.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Can anyone tell me the average time it takes to process parents sponsorship file.. website says 24 months but I have heard some people saying it takes 12 to 15 months
Please advice
Thank you
There are applications done within 6 mos. (from PGP 2018) but on average it will be more than 6 mos to 12 mos.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Advise needed: Please share suggeations

If we once validate the form print and sign,
After that if any changes are made/validated
Would that affect?

Considering sending application to parents via email. Will print all the application here, will ask parents to just return the pages with signs
Will have pages with barcodes printed here.

Thinking if the person who receives (a cyber cafe), the application would not try to change anything for curiosity. And if accidentally hits something.
If i have the original validated here with me and
i attach the returned signed pages from parents to it?

Thank yoi in advance
If you mean after validation and printing the form you will send imm1344 and imm008 signature page to your parents by email. They will print it sign it and mail you back. Finally you will send whole pack to cpc pgp ottawa. You can recheck every thing before submitting. I see no chance of tempering of application.

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
You can pay the Biometric and landing fee at later stages that will only delay the application process time (its mentioned in their guideliness). Not sure about if they are already in canada then they are exempted from biometrics.
I dont think they are exempt. I phoned them this morning and they said parents have to either go to US or go back to their own country and do the biometric. there is no biometric service in canada. so you have to leave canada to do your biometric.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
“The back of one (1) photo must:

• The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are not accepted”
Yes new condition, now no one can submit old pics. Good income for photography shops. By the way so much writing and stamp on the back of photo will ruin the front side of photo.