+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

shailkrish

Apr 26, 2019
I needed some clarification (May be a technical issue with the form). My parents have no FAMILY NAME/Surname included in their passport. It's just one name under the given name section. When i filled my PR and CIC forms in the past. I followed the rule: Enter all the name under the FAMILY NAME BOX(Usually that's mandatory) and leave given name blank.

Now in the background information form eimm5669e(Schedule A/Background Declaration). The given name is mandatory along with family name. Any suggestions on how to go about it.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it mandatory to have been in canada for last 3 years as a Permanent Resident to show returns that meet the financial requirement?
I moved to canada late last year and started my job in Jan this year, I very well meet the criteria for funds but what can I do to prove that I meet them since I’ve never filed taxes in Canada?
According to discussion in the following thread you need to have income poof in Canada. You should call CIC to confirm it.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-sponsor-my-parents-with-my-world-wide-income.537663/

Prince0304

Apr 27, 2019
imm5768e: FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP
- I am sponsoring my mom and dad
- My wife is not co-signer
- I sponsored my wife last year

Please advise:

3. A) Current Undertaking: Number of person included in box #3 imm0008
ans: 2 (mom&dad)

3.B) What should I enter number (i) to (iv) ?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I needed some clarification (May be a technical issue with the form). My parents have no FAMILY NAME/Surname included in their passport. It's just one name under the given name section. When i filled my PR and CIC forms in the past. I followed the rule: Enter all the name under the FAMILY NAME BOX(Usually that's mandatory) and leave given name blank.

Now in the background information form eimm5669e(Schedule A/Background Declaration). The given name is mandatory along with family name. Any suggestions on how to go about it.
This is common problem in Indian passports where Last name is not mendatory. Please use NA for the field.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
According to discussion in the following thread you need to have income poof in Canada. You should call CIC to confirm it.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-sponsor-my-parents-with-my-world-wide-income.537663/
I have my tax returns from the US. It is not mentioned anywhere that I am not eligible to apply if I’ve not lived in canada but it does say IRCC needs my tax returns within canada, it’s some sort of grey area...

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imm5768e: FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP
- I am sponsoring my mom and dad
- My wife is not co-signer
- I sponsored my wife last year

Please advise:

I am not sure if your wife can become Co-Signer if she came just last year in Canada. I will suggest you to clerify this with CIC or unless any senior member have done this before.

Regardless of how long you’ve been married or in a common-law relationship:
  • your spouse or common-law partner can be your co-signer
  • your co-signer must provide proof of income for the last 3 taxation years before the date of your application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1461&top=14

Last edited:
Reactions: Prince0304

huzcan

May 6, 2013
If your parents are in Canada on super visa then you need to have Biometrics get done because Biomatrix was not required for super visa or visitor visa.
This is what the guide says
"If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics."
So which means they are exempt.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah on the CIC help portals. They actually say not use NA. That's the reason i am confused

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4
I have always used NA before but maybe they don't feel it is appropriate. All applications previously were approved. Probably then do as they have suggested. Usually, at the port of entry, the immigration officer is going to do the same. Most people who do not have the last name, All given names are shifted into last names because 'Last Name' is a mandatory field.

Last edited:

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Is it mandatory to have been in canada for last 3 years as a Permanent Resident to show returns that meet the financial requirement?
I moved to canada late last year and started my job in Jan this year, I very well meet the criteria for funds but what can I do to prove that I meet them since I’ve never filed taxes in Canada?
if you don’t have tax returns in Canada for past 3 years, you are not eligible to sponsor. This is not grey area.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
My best advice is to read the instruction guide thoroughly because 100% of the answers are there, but people are too lazy to do that and would rather trust the word of someone here

The most hilarious comment for me was that you can’t sign with blue ink , even though if you do a quick search (ctrl + F) on the instruction guide for the word “blue” there are no mentions. I sponsored my wife, applied for her CSQ and applied for my citizenship and all the application forms were signed with blue ink and they were approved
I read that comment too and suspected something isn’t right. Read the guide and found nothing about it
Lol, here goes one more out if you are not from Quebec

Last edited:
Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

margocan

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013 / 28-10-2014 PER
Doc's Request.
16-04-2014 (Personal history, NBI, RPRF)
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014 SLEC / 14-05-2015 Meds sent to CEM / 22-05-2013 ECAS to Med Received
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2014 / 05-06-2014 PP received by CEM
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014 DM on ECAS / 03-07-14 PP w/ VISA Received
LANDED..........
Aug 2014
I have my tax returns from the US. It is not mentioned anywhere that I am not eligible to apply if I’ve not lived in canada but it does say IRCC needs my tax returns within canada, it’s some sort of grey area...
Did you pay taxes to Canada government in the last three taxation years? There is no grey area there.

In my opinion, being able to Sponsor is a privilege to people who pay taxes to the country where they want to sponsor. So you can pay taxes for this year to Canada, and then the next 2 years, and then now you’ll have that privilege too.

Peace out.

Prince0304

Apr 27, 2019
I am not sure if your wife can become Co-Signer if she came just last year in Canada. I will suggest you to clerifythis with CIC or unless any senior member have done this before.

Regardless of how long you’ve been married or in a common-law relationship:
  • your spouse or common-law partner can be your co-signer
  • your co-signer must provide proof of income for the last 3 taxation years before the date of your application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1461&top=14
Thanks for quick reply I was not aware about this rule but still I am looking for ans to my questions:

Please advise:

huzcan

May 6, 2013