+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
QUESTION ABOUT UNDERTAKING IN IMM5768 FORM:

3 A) CURRENT UNDERTAKING
Adding '2' as I am sponsoring both my parents.

Then

B) Previous undertaking:
I recently sponsored my wife (SPOUSAL) & she will be receiving her Permanent residence within a month. So, I have included her as '1'.
PLEASE correct me here if I am wrong.

As a result, I believe I don't have to add anything for Q No 5 .

Thanks in advance.
BR,
Ishan

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hi,
Looking for some suggestions.

My dad does not know about date of birth of his mom and dad (who are deceased). But in Background form, in parent detail section, DOB is being asked and it is mandatory. What should I mention? It will not let the form to validate and Barcode would not generate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hello, I think Biometrics are valid for 10 years for any kind of application. Your parents biometrics should still be valid. For Biometrics, you should include the letter , you must have received in email regarding biometrics which states it's validity along with applicant details. I think you should include that in your PGP application and don';t need to pay fees for biometrics again.
Sorry for the mistake. I wanted to write that last year in July biometric were not applicable.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Tips to avoid delays or problem with PGP application:

• Photos must be taken from a COMMERCIAL studio and must have all the details required at the back of photos. Photo self printed will not be accepted and will be returned.
  • Photoshopped photos will not be accepted
  • Any modification even if minor will results in rejection
  • Photo must have white background and without any gloss, face must be center, no smiling or open mouth
  • Photo cannot have face bigger than 26mm or less than 21mm from chin to crown, if not fit it will be returned
  • Non English copies of documents must be translated into English or French by a certified translator or by anyone who know the language BUT must accompany by an affidavit for oath from a commissioner of oath or a notary public.
  • Non English Documents must be certified true copy by a notary public
  • Place the bar codes pages after the invitation letter but before the check list
  • Spouse must sign application if applicable
  • DO NOT STAPLE, they will scan documents by machine, staple it will delay the process and likely put you at the back of the stack
  • WRITE IN BLACK INK, no BLUE INK, it is stated in the reference guide
  • DO NOT include police certificates or any other non required documents
  • You can include tax information such as Option C print out even if click YES to give IRCC authorization to access your tax information BUT it must be at the bottom of the stack separate completely from the main form
  • Signature from Parents MUST be real signature from them, faked signature resulted in refusal of application altogether
  • Make sure you read the guide and double check every single details, a lot of details can be easily overlooked and IRCC only acknowledge the application in 2-3 months so you will not have time to resubmit if it is returned
  • This is a GOLDEN, DIAMOND or whatever most precious opportunity for family to reunite, do not waste a spot by careless mistake!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Thanks for hughlighting points. I have my non english documents translated officially. But they were translated and stamped in 2016. Are they still acceptable? That is for birth and marriage certificates.
Thanks.

sohnagill

Apr 28, 2019
Hello, can anybody please clarify this for me.

Under supporting documents Part A number 6 "Proof of principal applicant's relationship to an accompanying dependent spouse or common-law partner " Photocopy of a marriage certificate is required.

My parents got married in 80's and don't have a marriage certificate but they have each other's name on the passports as a spouse. Their name is also listed on my birth certificate.

What are my options?

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Hello, I am lucky to receive invitation on 25th and my husband on 26th. So we both can sponsor our parents. I have a question regarding cosigning if someone can please help. So first the numbers - we are a family of 3 - husband, wife and 1 child. On my side, I have my mum and on my husband's side, he has both mum and dad. So when we filled our respective forms - I had entered family size as 4 and my husband as 5 (3 of us plus his parents). We didn't want to write 6 (including my mum) at that time as who knows who will get invited.
Since now we both are invited, we can be cosigner of each other. We do fulfill income requirements for 3 years for 6 members. So I guess we can both apply at the same time, right?? Now when I fill the application - do I fill 4 or 6? I was thinking to include a letter in both my package and my husband's explaining everything. What do you all suggest? Thanks and sorry for the long post.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
thank you! its always good to confirm our understanding.
This is why I am taking my time to fill out the application. :)
I let my lawyer handle it.

That's the thing. Many will fill the forms wrongly also.

So there will be many rejections.

It's an important process. Why not let professionals handle it? Saves time and headache.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello, I am lucky to receive invitation on 25th and my husband on 26th. So we both can sponsor our parents. I have a question regarding cosigning if someone can please help. So first the numbers - we are a family of 3 - husband, wife and 1 child. On my side, I have my mum and on my husband's side, he has both mum and dad. So when we filled our respective forms - I had entered family size as 4 and my husband as 5 (3 of us plus his parents). We didn't want to write 6 (including my mum) at that time as who knows who will get invited.
Since now we both are invited, we can be cosigner of each other. We do fulfill income requirements for 3 years for 6 members. So I guess we can both apply at the same time, right?? Now when I fill the application - do I fill 4 or 6? I was thinking to include a letter in both my package and my husband's explaining everything. What do you all suggest? Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Both of you 6.

Reactions: blinggg

rajaram

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 3-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
Never
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Never
Med's Request
18-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014 for me and kids, 5 Jan 2015 for my wife
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
Hi fellow members,
I have couple of questions with regard to PGP application for my father

1. While submitting copies of PR Cards, marriage certificate, Birth certificates etc, do i need to get them verified?
2. I don't have my father's birth certificate. Is that needed?
3. I don't have my birth certificate. Is there any alternative?
4. Do i need to submit education qualification documents for my father?
5. My mother is not alive. Do i need to submit her death certificate?

Last edited:

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Question:

Do i need to submit photographs of my parents i am sponsoring or just me ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Are you guys paying RPRF and biometrics fees upfront ?

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Hi fellow members,
I have couple of questions with regard to PGP application for my father

1. While submitting copies of PR Cards, marriage certificate, Birth certificates etc, do i need to get them verified?
2. I don't have my father's birth certificate. Is that needed?
3. I don't have my birth certificate. Is there any alternative?
4. Do i need to submit education qualification documents for my father?
5. My mother is not alive. Do i need to submit her death certificate?

Have the same question for sponsors birth certificate.