+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi All,

Congratulations to those who already got the email.
I want to check with you regarding the application documents. My husband and I am sponsoring my mom only. She DOES NOT have any dependent/common-law(my father passed away).

Question 1: Does any of the below documents(all in English) need to be notarized for my mom's PGP application?

1. Canadian passport of sponsor
2. Marriage certificate of sponsor
3. Canadian passport of co-sponsor
4. Birth Certificate of sponsor
4. Passport of Principal applicant
5. Two copy of (50 mm x 70 mm) photographs of principal applicant

I will be submitting below forms:
1. PGP application to invite letter
2. Document checklist (IMM5771e)
3. Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM1344)
4. Financial evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship (IMM5768)
5. Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008)
6. Schedule A- Background/declaration (IMM5669) - HAND SIGNATURE needed
7. Additional family information (IMM 5406)

Questions 2: We will give permission to CIC to collect our NOA from CRA directly. Do we need any other forms?
Questions 3: Are you including use of representitive form(IMM 5476) , if you are preparing documents of your parents?

Thanks alot,
Tchow

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Question: I don't have birth certificate to show the proof of relationship with my parents, I carry Indian Passport if I show that will it be valid?

Reactions: Feb2004

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi there:

Just a quick question for the Generic Application. I am sponsoring both parents - mom and dad. Should there be 2 application forms? and 2 of the other forms as well? Like the Application to sponsor, financial evaluation etc?

For the question below I put 2 is this correct? or should I put 4 (my mom, dad, my husband (co-signer and I)
How many family members, including you, are included in this application?

Thanks guys

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Guys, In Background Deckaration form, it says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application".
We are sending paper application though. Still just typing the name is enough? Or should the PA hand sign it?
I just found the answer here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

What does the principal applicant do?
At this stage, the principal applicant must:

• Sign the Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
  • Complete and sign the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and the Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) and include your accompanying and non-accompanying dependents on one form
  • Complete the Additional Dependents/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) if more than five accompanying or non-accompanying family members exist
  • Complete and sign the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) with a handwritten signature
  • Complete the Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Use of a representative (IMM 5476)

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
my wife is going to co-sign my application for my parents.
i am going to co-sign her application for her parents.

We are married and have a marriage certificate from India typed in English.

Do we still need to submit Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] ?
I thought this form was only for live-in or non-documented relationships.
i ask because explantion for this form states:
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
Who must complete this form?
This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application

so as long as spouse is co-signing - this form has to be submitted? looking for confirmation.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
do they need to submit PCC also with all the forms? Can anyone please let me know???

I am copying the details in the guide:

Police Certificates
Police certificates for parents and grandparents applications are not required at the time you submit your complete application. Police certificates will be requested by the processing office for the person being sponsored and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

See how to get a police certificate for up-to-date information about obtaining a police certificate from any country.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
i ask because explantion for this form states:
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
Who must complete this form?
This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application

so as long as spouse is co-signing - this form has to be submitted? looking for confirmation.
No. If the co-signer is a common law partner, then you should. But in your case, co-signer is spouse. So, You shouldn't submit this form.

Reactions: kunalap and YVR123

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Supervisa is a type of visitor visa only. They give you multiple entry visitor visa. I am putting "visitor visa" as option.

What are you putting in "To" dates if the parents are currently in Canada on super visa and don't know how long they are gonna stay?

I am thinking of putting 10 days short of 2yrs As they can stay upto 2 yrs and havnt planned her return yet.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
my wife is going to co-sign my application for my parents.
i am going to co-sign her application for her parents.

We are married and have a marriage certificate from India typed in English.

Do we still need to submit Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] ?
I thought this form was only for live-in or non-documented relationships.
No. If you are married, then that is your current status so no need to fill-out the IMM 5409. You do need to provide your Marriage Certificate.

Reactions: kunalap and YVR123

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Got the Invitation email. :)

EOI Submission time : 12:08 PM ET
Confirmation Email : 12:49 PM ET
Invitation Email : 8:40 AM ET - April 26, 2019

Last edited:

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Question: I don't have birth certificate to show the proof of relationship with my parents, I carry Indian Passport if I show that will it be valid?
No. You might need an affidavit with few other docs like your family card/booklet, their insurance beneficiary as you, your insurance beneficiary as them, etc. But, please call IRCC and ask what documents they accept.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi All,

Congratulations to those who already got the email.
I want to check with you regarding the application documents. My husband and I am sponsoring my mom only. She DOES NOT have any dependent/common-law(my father passed away).

Question 1: Does any of the below documents(all in English) need to be notarized for my mom's PGP application?

1. Canadian passport of sponsor
2. Marriage certificate of sponsor
3. Canadian passport of co-sponsor
4. Birth Certificate of sponsor
4. Passport of Principal applicant
5. Two copy of (50 mm x 70 mm) photographs of principal applicant

I will be submitting below forms:
1. PGP application to invite letter
2. Document checklist (IMM5771e)
3. Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM1344)
4. Financial evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship (IMM5768)
5. Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008)
6. Schedule A- Background/declaration (IMM5669) - HAND SIGNATURE needed
7. Additional family information (IMM 5406)

Questions 2: We will give permission to CIC to collect our NOA from CRA directly. Do we need any other forms?
Questions 3: Are you including use of representitive form(IMM 5476) , if you are preparing documents of your parents?

Thanks alot,
Tchow
1. No. If your documents are in English and your native language, they don't need to be translated and notarized.
2. No. Just a signature and date.
3. Appointing yourself as a representative in your mom's application would be helpful especially if you need to call them during the process for anything.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys, I have copies of official translation for my parents birth certificate and marriage license. These are stamped in Dec 2016. If I print them would that be ok?

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
In the document check list it is mentioned. Either marriage certificate or IMM 5409. I am asking my parents to apply marriage cert now. They would get in a week.
If they don't have the marriage certificate and just have an affidavit from the court for the marriage certificate, will that work?