Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
See below. :)

Are you Eligible?

All residents of B.C. must enrol with the Medical Services Plan (MSP).

In order to enrol in MSP, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria fall under four categories:

Residents
A person must be a B.C. resident to qualify for medical coverage under MSP. A resident is a person who meets all of the following conditions:

• must be a citizen of Canada or be lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence;
  • must make his or her home in B.C.; and
  • must be physically present in B.C. at least six months in a calendar year, or a shorter prescribed period.*
* Eligible B.C. residents (citizens of Canada or persons who are lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence) who are outside B.C. for vacation purposes only, are allowed a total absence of up to seven months in a calendar year.
Lol. This is for maintaining coverage.

Read this please:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol/coverage-wait-period

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Yes, I live in BC . There are 2 things to keep in mind about MSP:
1) when BC resident becomes eligible for the coverage after arrival to the province. The answer is here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol

It is 3 months after arrival (actually 2 full months and remaining part of the month when the person arrives)

2) keeping eligibility for MSP coverage ( in other words how long someone can be away and remain eligible) - here 6 month residency requirement applies.

Reactions: lundir8

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I live in BC . There are 2 things to keep in mind about MSP:
1) when BC resident becomes eligible for the coverage after arrival to the province. The answer is here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol

It is 3 months after arrival (actually 2 full months and remaining part of the month when the person arrives)

2) keeping eligibility for MSP coverage ( in other words how long someone can be away and remain eligible) - here 6 month residency requirement applies.
See! This is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
my apologies for the re-post, but could someone please help me with these?

>>
I know we are not supposed to be filling out stuff before invitations go out, I am just trying to stay ahead of the game.. Can someone take my hand for 2 minutes and let me know if this is correct? :D

For IMM5768:
*To count family members:
I wrote "1" on # 3a. for my mother (person being sponsored, divorced and no other kids),
I then wrote "1" on #5 for my spouse - got married in Aug 2018,
I am pregnant but baby is not due until June so I am leaving #6 with "0".
-I should clarify that my mom is divorced and I am an only kid.

*I then typed N/A for all boxes on page 2, with the exception of #11, where I put my husband's info as he is not co-signing this application

*This is what #14 looks like:
https://ibb.co/StZ5hYL
(sorry I couldn't figure out how to post the actual picture)

*On question 15, I typed this on the box: "THERE IS NO CO-SIGNER ON THIS APPLICATION"

* Questions 16 and 17 were left blank.

*for IMM 0008 (02-2019) E - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA, do I put my info on personal details, and then add my mom and husband as dependents?!

*for IMM 0008depenu, is that my info and my mom as my dependent?! Q 10 doesn't have "parent" as an answer. Maybe my mom's info.. but the I am not her dependent... #confused
I read the Guide 5772 that says the person being sponsored is supposed to fill out the IMM 0008 forms but she doesn't have dependents... I am so confused.

*My husband is not co-signing this applicantion. This mens I don't fill out an IMM5409, right? Or do I still fill it out to prove I am married?!

*Same for IMM5406.. do I still have to get my husband to fill out one of these, even though he is not co-signing this application?
I should also mention he is a Canadian citizen so.. won't be sponsoring his parents/children anyway.

Dumb questions yes, but... I appreciate ur help :)

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019

>>
I know we are not supposed to be filling out stuff before invitations go out, I am just trying to stay ahead of the game.. Can someone take my hand for 2 minutes and let me know if this is correct? :D

Nothing wrong with doing it now, but remember to check for changes later. Below is my understanding as a fellow sponsor, not an expert.

For IMM5768:
I wrote "1" on # 3a. for my mother (person being sponsored, divorced and no other kids),

Seems correct.

*I then typed N/A for all boxes on page 2, with the exception of #11, where I put my husband's info as he is not co-signing this application

Seems correct. Only the instructions for question 10 say to complete this section only if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing the undertaking. So you may not need the N/A there.

You did not specify the income for the period in the second row from the bottom. The from and to dates are switched in the row above that.

*On question 15, I typed this on the box: "THERE IS NO CO-SIGNER ON THIS APPLICATION"

There's nothing there to indicate it should only be filled out if there's a co-signer.

Seems correct.

*for IMM 0008 (02-2019) E - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA, do I put my info on personal details, and then add my mom and husband as dependents?!

No. See the guide for information on who fills out this form and how. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

*for IMM 0008depenu, is that my info and my mom as my dependent?! Q 10 doesn't have "parent" as an answer. Maybe my mom's info.. but the I am not her dependent... #confused
I read the Guide 5772 that says the person being sponsored is supposed to fill out the IMM 0008 forms but she doesn't have dependents... I am so confused.

This form is only needed if there's not enough room in IMM 0008.

*My husband is not co-signing this applicantion. This mens I don't fill out an IMM5409, right? Or do I still fill it out to prove I am married?!

See information about this form in the checklist for a clear answer.

*Same for IMM5406.. do I still have to get my husband to fill out one of these, even though he is not co-signing this application?
I should also mention he is a Canadian citizen so.. won't be sponsoring his parents/children anyway.

See the guide for information on who fills out this form and how.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: lundir8

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Thank you usr19!!!
On the income, I just listed both employers for the year and put the total on line 150 once, on the second employer. Should I type the same amount in both lines? I don't want to make it look like I made 120k that year..

@canuck78 you helped me with a related question a couple years back and you were so insightful.. your input is also appreciated!!

Last edited:

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me on this matter. My parents are divorced but leave together. I want sponsor both of them. Should I submit any prove they are live together or, because I indicated I'm sponsoring both of them - it does not really matter? Both their names are indicated in my birth certificate, if it is crucial.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

>>

For IMM5768:

Depending on when the applications are sent out you may want to count your baby versus updating information in 1-2 months. Will you meet LICO while you are on maternity leave? Something you need to consider when opting not to have a co-signer.