Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Thank you for opening this thread. It's great to have these useful discussions that help everyone (without the arguing!)
I have a few questions, hoping someone can shed some light:

1. I am currently single, living in Toronto. Next month, I will be married and living in Quebec. I have read the requirements in Quebec are much different that in Ontario. Does anyone have a list of the major differences?

2. Given that my ITA form was submitted with a Toronto address and current family size being 1, if I am invited to apply, my application will have a Montreal address with current family size 2. Is it correct to assume this is a "normal" change that can be expected in the application form?

3. I have read that in Quebec you should make a commitment to support your sponsored individual for a period of 20 years. Firstly is this true? Secondly, if my husband co-signs and I stop working at some point, and his salary meets the income reqs, is this acceptable or does the prime sponsor have to be the one meeting the income reqs?

Sorry lots of questions, appreciate any insight!
Thank you so much!

julie_may

Feb 16, 2019
So let's say my wife and I meets the LICO for 5 heads and received ITA around March-April 2019. Processing times are about 20-24 months and while waiting, my wife got pregnant let's say in 2020. Would we have to update our application? Or would they just acknowledge our NOAs for year 2017,2018 and 2019? Thanks[/QUOTE

no you don't have too, total of family within those years (2017,2018,2019)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
[/QUOTE=neochanges1 said:
So let's say my wife and I meets the LICO for 5 heads and received ITA around March-April 2019. Processing times are about 20-24 months and while waiting, my wife got pregnant let's say in 2020. Would we have to update our application? Or would they just acknowledge our NOAs for year 2017,2018 and 2019? Thanks
[/QUOTE]

yes you must report about newborn and provide prove of income for +1 member

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Thank you for opening this thread. It's great to have these useful discussions that help everyone (without the arguing!)
I have a few questions, hoping someone can shed some light:

1. I am currently single, living in Toronto. Next month, I will be married and living in Quebec. I have read the requirements in Quebec are much different that in Ontario. Does anyone have a list of the major differences?

2. Given that my ITA form was submitted with a Toronto address and current family size being 1, if I am invited to apply, my application will have a Montreal address with current family size 2. Is it correct to assume this is a "normal" change that can be expected in the application form?

3. I have read that in Quebec you should make a commitment to support your sponsored individual for a period of 20 years. Firstly is this true? Secondly, if my husband co-signs and I stop working at some point, and his salary meets the income reqs, is this acceptable or does the prime sponsor have to be the one meeting the income reqs?

Sorry lots of questions, appreciate any insight!
Thank you so much!
If you are sponsoring both your parents then your current family size is 3 ( You, 2 Parents) not 1. After marriage it will go to 4 and you have to let IRCC know with documents, e.g Marriage Certificate. Also check if you will still be able to meet the Minimum Income Requirements.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
CONFUSION REGARDING PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

Hi All,

I have submitted interest to sponsor form for my parents for PGP 2019.
I was looking at the forms for year 2019 and got confused around the frequently mentioned term "PRINCIPAL APPLICANT".

So in my case who is the principal applicant? Is it
a. Me.
b. One of my parents (Let's say my dad).

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
CONFUSION REGARDING PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

Hi All,

I have submitted interest to sponsor form for my parents for PGP 2019.
I was looking at the forms for year 2019 and got confused around the frequently mentioned term "PRINCIPAL APPLICANT".

So in my case who is the principal applicant? Is it
a. Me.
b. One of my parents (Let's say my dad).

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
Your Dad will be the Principal Applicant, Mother will be Dependent and you will be Sponsor.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when can CIC start sending the invites. my guess is by mid of March? any thoughts on this time lines
I am guessing after April because there is new form which has option to select year 2018 tax year or 2017. As Feb 28 is last day when all employee should get T4 so i will assume April is the time frame.

Last edited:

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I am guessing after April because there is new form which has option to select year 2018 tax year or 2017. As Feb 28 is last day when all employee should get T4 so i will assume April is the time frame.
Feb 28 is the date by which they should be mailed, not necessarily received. Given that we'll have 60 days to submit the application, March is a possibility since that will put our deadline to May. I'm preparing so that I submit the application no later than two weeks after receiving the invitation.

shaik929

Feb 11, 2019
Feb 28 is the date by which they should be mailed, not necessarily received. Given that we'll have 60 days to submit the application, March is a possibility since that will put our deadline to May. I'm preparing so that I submit the application no later than two weeks after receiving the invitation.
Appreciate if someone provide the list of documents required. Thank you

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am wondering if someone can answer following questions;
a) I have to get some affidavit made which would be attached with documents to be submitted under PGP2019 program. We all know that we have yet to get ITA and most of us have already started to fill the forms which have been updated. Can we get our affidavit made now and keep it ready or it should be made after we get ITA. Would a date prior to ITA date on affidavit make it inadmissible?
b) Can we apply for our parents (once we get ITA) while they are here on visit visa or it is better to bring them after we file the completed application forms?
Appreciate some insight on above questions.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am wondering if someone can answer following questions;
a) I have to get some affidavit made which would be attached with documents to be submitted under PGP2019 program. We all know that we have yet to get ITA and most of us have already started to fill the forms which have been updated. Can we get our affidavit made now and keep it ready or it should be made after we get ITA. Would a date prior to ITA date on affidavit make it inadmissible?
b) Can we apply for our parents (once we get ITA) while they are here on visit visa or it is better to bring them after we file the completed application forms?
Appreciate some insight on above questions.
a) You can get it ready now if you think it can take few days. There is not anything mentioned about the dates for affidavit. I am guessing it will be for marriage certificate or date of birth certificate as in old days most people did not need to register marriage and many people don't have birth certificates.

b) Yes you can apply when they are here also but make sure you have all documents for Parents sponsorship ready. Personally i will wait until the application is not submitted if in case they need to gather any document back-home which is required for application.

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
a) You can get it ready now if you think it can take few days. There is not anything mentioned about the dates for affidavit. I am guessing it will be for marriage certificate or date of birth certificate as in old days most people did not need to register marriage and many people don't have birth certificates.

b) Yes you can apply when they are here also but make sure you have all documents for Parents sponsorship ready. Personally i will wait until the application is not submitted if in case they need to gather any document back-home which is required for application.

Thank you for your reply.I am sponsoring my mother who is a widow. She has only two siblings (out of five) who are alive . We don't know many dates like my mother's date of marriage or her father's/mother's birth dates or we have no record of her schooling etc so we will be getting affidavit made for these reasons.