+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Thank you for your response. I already sent web form informing her address change and I spoked with IRCC call centre earlier he sent we can go ahead and send my mom’s passport to the nearest VFS closer to her address in the US. The email stated that we should act within 30 days upon receiving the email. Would you think it’s best for me to wait for the response from the web form I sent? Or go ahead and send the passport?
i think you can go ahead and submit and include an explanation letter

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello @laxsun, fellow members, I need some information please. My parents will be immigrating to Toronto in couple of days, should I purchase medical insurance for them or does OHIP coverage starts right from landed day?
Really appreciate insight on this please.
in order to get OHIP card, you need COPR, ID proof (passport will do) and Address proof. The address proof is the problem. Bank statement is accepted as address proof , but once you open a bank account, it will take a month for the statement. So you are looking at minimum wait of 1 month.

Utility bills in your name is accepted ... if you want to change one of the utility bills to be in their name... but again will have to wait for the monthly bill...

Reactions: kulb

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
in order to get OHIP card, you need COPR, ID proof (passport will do) and Address proof. The address proof is the problem. Bank statement is accepted as address proof , but once you open a bank account, it will take a month for the statement. So you are looking at minimum wait of 1 month.

Utility bills in your name is accepted ... if you want to change one of the utility bills to be in their name... but again will have to wait for the monthly bill...
or you can always make (change) your Lease agreement to put your parents names into it) as proof of address

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Mine is similar to your . In Gckey it says application submitted in ecas it says “started processing your application on August 2021” . File was originally in cpc Mississauga, in August 2021 received letter that file transferred to London. In feb asked mp office to enquire, the staff came with surprise that file is in Vancouver. I told her that as per last information file was in London and provided her with proof of letter , she said wherever it is but bg check under process . Again enquired mp staff in April . Now she said file is back in London due to more load in Vancouver. Don’t know what is going on. London office even not replying to queries.
what?? back to London? Just moving back and forth they are wasting months before even someone looking into it. Have you received or done Medicals already?

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
i think you can go ahead and submit and include an explanation letter
Thank you. Also dumb question. On the website of VFS what should I click for us to send her passport? Is it additional services? And is someone will pick up the passport to her place or she needs to mail it out? Thank you.

asnt78

Apr 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

I received a request for the Criminal Record Check from the Mexico Office, but I have a question and hope someone here can help me, since the Mexico office is not very responsive.

My parents are not in Canada, but my sister is. She is in the application as a dependent of my father, so she will need to provide her Canadian Criminal Record Check since she has lived here for more than six months. She lives in Vancouver, I have already seen all the steps needed on the VPD website, but I am not sure where I will tell them to send the results. Will they send the results directly to me if I ask them? Or do they have to send it directly to the office?

I have the address of the Mexican office, but who is the contact person? Should I tell them to send it to the "Immigration Section" and include the application number? Or should I ask them to send to their email "MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca"?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

thesaiyan

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They did not inform me. That is the frustrating part!

I got to know this when I phoned IRCC!
Try to request the ATIP notes and see the reason. In my case it was transferred from Mexico to vancouver due to "Workload redistribution". Maybe in your case it will also say the reason.

I ordered my notes again to see if after a couple of months in Vancouver someone starts looking at the file. Hopefully they won't send it back to Mexico :(

Anyways, sorry for that. I imagine the frustration due to the added delays.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
London LVO update: (Not sure if the file was moved to Vancouver)

Members and @laxsun 2nd Medical was requested on April 19, 2022 and Passed on April 29. Pre-arrival services letter received earlier on April 1. Applicant in Canada and visa extension expiring in July 2022. Do you guys think the process is near completion or will we have to apply for another extension? Thanks.

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
London LVO update: (Not sure if the file was moved to Vancouver)

Members and @laxsun 2nd Medical was requested on April 19, 2022 and Passed on April 29. Pre-arrival services letter received earlier on April 1. Applicant in Canada and visa extension expiring in July 2022. Do you guys think the process is near completion or will we have to apply for another extension? Thanks.
You info is updated in the tracker.
Hope for the best.

Reactions: Hamied

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thank you for your response. I already sent web form informing her address change and I spoked with IRCC call centre earlier he sent we can go ahead and send my mom’s passport to the nearest VFS closer to her address in the US. The email stated that we should act within 30 days upon receiving the email. Would you think it’s best for me to wait for the response from the web form I sent? Or go ahead and send the passport?
If you wait for the reply of webform, may take several weeks. Better to act on the advise of the IRCC call center agent.

Reactions: iliveinbanff

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
If you wait for the reply of webform, may take several weeks. Better to act on the advise of the IRCC call center agent.
Thank you again admins and everyone. These forum is helps all of us.