+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
I just contacted my MP to request IRCC for update. His office staff got back to me saying that the file has been transferred to Vancouver (I have no idea when-original Visa office was London) and they have not started Criminality, security and Medical for the applicant yet. I have not even received a Medical request. Applied June 2019 and Ecas shows

"We started processing your application on Dec 8, 2021"

Any idea how long is it going to take from here? I am so disappointed :(

Michelle D

Apr 23, 2022
Hi, just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me:

1. I submitted my dad's application in Canada and IRCC received my application for permanent residence on June 19, 2019.
2. IRCC started processing my application on March 9, 2020.
3. IRCC sent us medical instructions on March 19, 2020.
4. Medical results have been received by IRCC Hongkong
5. IRCC HONGKONG sent correspondence on April 1, 2021 for additional info
6. We actually provided all requested info before the deadline - May 1, 2021 - Registration mail proved that it was arrived to IRCC Hongkong

Then we haven't received any update further since 1st April 2021.
The online status show "decision made" , however when I clicked in to check:

The latest status shows:

"We sent you correspondence on April 1, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Thats all without any further information.... I have tried to call IRCC hongkong and IRCC canada, cant find anyone to ask.

And dont know where else I can check for the status.

Anyone has any advices? Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
update on my mother application - Passport request received and VFS picked up.. I already paid for PR at the time of application and therefore, did not action on Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

RK.GK

Nov 1, 2016
When i check the Client application status, i see below status..
It says some correspondence was sent on April 21 but i haven't received any email on that date. Does IRCC send any physical letters?

"We sent you correspondence on April 21, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

This is the second time I saw a status update that a correspondence has been sent but nothing received in my email (checked in junk folder aswell).

How to make sure this doesn't happen, I tried to call the help desk many times but not able to reach actual person.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good morning,

i received an update April 22, 2022. Medical surveillance. Stating that my mom needs to report within 30 days upon arrival and it mentioned about conditional permanent resident. But the status of her papers is still in progress. Has anyone in the same situation? My mom is outside canada.

@laxsun Admin please update line 592:

Re medical request July 29, 2021
Re medical passed October 20, 2021
Pre arrival email February 7, 2022
Police certificate request February 7, 2022
Police certificate sent April 13, 2022
I have updated your info in the tracker.
For the medical surveillance, your mom will get another notice once she lands in Canada. No need to worry now.

Reactions: iliveinbanff

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
I have updated your info in the tracker.
For the medical surveillance, your mom will get another notice once she lands in Canada. No need to worry now.
Please update again @laxsun Decision Made April 25, 2022
They sent me an email about steps on how to send the passport however she is not in the Philippines, She is in US right now on vacation, The link that they sent me for VFS doesn't have an option for US as i haven't change her address. My question is if i send email for her address change are they going to send another email that will have VFS US location? or anyone in similar situation? Kindly appreciate if someone will respond. Thank you

Last edited:

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
I just contacted my MP to request IRCC for update. His office staff got back to me saying that the file has been transferred to Vancouver (I have no idea when-original Visa office was London) and they have not started Criminality, security and Medical for the applicant yet. I have not even received a Medical request. Applied June 2019 and Ecas shows

"We started processing your application on Dec 8, 2021"

Any idea how long is it going to take from here? I am so disappointed :(
Don't be disappointed, mine was transferred to Vancouver on Feb 22, 2022 as well. Finalized on April 14th. so hang in there, they are working on each application.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
@laxsun please update

decision made April 20 2022

got 2d pp request letter from ndvo despite requesting that my parents are here in Canada.

now I have to do another web form to inform about this.

thanks
When did you get first PP request letter and when did you get second PP request letter? is it after 30 days were gone?

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
@laxsun @canada4life_pgp2019 @lenalucky

I did inform NDVO about my mom being here in canada via Webform, but I have no clarity about how my dad will get his COPR (he is in India and not a PA), I still have few days left for my mom to go back and submit their passport, I am just confused, should I just send her back, so that they both can submit their passports, and not have to worry about virtual landing, which is taking forever anyways? Any opinions on this matter?

Last edited:

CEC Applicant - 21

Dec 8, 2015
Received parents' passport with PR stamp. I want to thank you all for sharing your suggestions, comments, experiences, and timelines. Wishing those who are waiting for approval of their application, a very good luck! Love you all and huge thanks to Canada. Below is the complete timeline:

TOTAL PROCESS - 35 Months
Parents in India.

15-May-2019 - Application Received
31-July-2019 - Linked application to MyCIC
09-Aug-2019 - AOR Received
05-Sept-2019 - Biometrics request (Biometrics done on Sept 12, same day MyCIC got updated)
11-Sept 2019 - Medical Request Received
11-Sept 2019 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made' (Sponsorship Application Status)
and 'In-process' under Permanent Residence Application Status
2019, Sept 14 - Medical examination done; medical examination performed by an IRCC approved panel physician in India.

• 2019, Sept 17 - IRCC provided a Sponsorship Approval Letter, the letter was issued by IRCC’s Case Processing Centre (CPC), Mississauga
  • 2019, Sept 24 - IRCC requested additional Medical examination/ tests for Mother-in-law.
  • 2019, Sept 29 - IRCC Requested for Police Clearance Certificate and other additional forms
  • 2019, Oct 21 - Provided the Police Clearance Certificate and other additional forms
  • 2020, March 02 - Received a reminder email from the Regional Medical Office of IRCC; asking to get additional medical tests for my Mother-in-Law done. Received Doctor’s confirmation note that the Medical Examination report for the additional medical tests of my Mother-in-Law was sent already
  • 2021, October 02 - Sent an inquiry to IRCC, asking why there is no movement in processing.
  • 2021, October 05 - IRCC sent a surprising email saying PCC and Medical were not received
  • 2022, January 05 - Arranged new PCC and submitted via web form to Mississauga-CPC. Also, realizing the medical is expired, requested a new medical request form
  • 2022, January 09 - In MyCIC portal, Received ReMedical Request form. IRCC also requested additional documents i.e. marriage cert
  • 2022, February 19- My CIC status changed to Medical Passed.
  • 2022- April 05 - Received Medical Surveillance Undertaking
  • 2022 - April 05 - Passport request received
  • 2022- April 11 - Passport picked by VFS (New Delhi) courier service provider
  • 2022- April 22 - Passport received with PR visa stamp and COPR document.
Hi,

I have a question, My Parents PCC was expired in 2021 and second medical expired on 5 Feb 2022. I received a request to submit only PCC on 5 March 2022 after I asked local MP to contact IRCC for status for the file. PCC was submitted on 3 April 2022. Should I raise web form to request Medical as you did or should I wait or contact local MP again? Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Reactions: Hamied