+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
GOOD NEWS, Email received today around 11 am portal request, sent information as requested, portal opened around 2:30 pm, submitted photos, address for PR card. All complete within 3-4 hrs today. Very happy day. Good luck everyone. Long wait is over.
Congratulations!!! So happy that your wait time is over!
Please share your timeline. When you submitted the web form, informing that your parents are here?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
A suggestion for those having parents in Canada and waiting for PR approval process:

OHIP card requires the COPR document, foreign passport and a Canadian address proof document. I would advise to prepare the last document ahead of time. Easiest way is to apply for Ontario ID card or Drivers License. Also an option is to open a bank account or get a postpaid phone line.

With Ontario ID card and DL , you have to wait for 2-3 weeks for ID to arrive in mail.
With bank account or phone, you will have to wait for a month, as the Service Ontario folks ask for the monthly statement that gets mailed to your home

If you do this after you get COPR, there will be roughly a one month wait (or whatever time it takes you to get the address proof) to get the OHIP card.

My father had gotten DL, so he got the OHIP card right away. For my mom and mother-in-law, we now have to pursue one of the options
Could you please clarify, is passport request considered to be a CORP document?
Can we apply for OHIP while waiting for invitation to portal?
TIA

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (normal is 0.9-1.4). The medical was done in India. She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Can someone please help if you have any info.

Regards,

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Could you please clarify, is passport request considered to be a CORP document?
Can we apply for OHIP while waiting for invitation to portal?
TIA
PPR or PR approval is not equal to COPR
As per service ontario website, you are eligible for OHIP if you applied for PR and have not yet been denied and you meet the eligibility requirements. I dont know if IRCC would provide such a letter.

Its a grey area, and you will need to do a lot of talking and convincing at the service ontario office and at best , they will give you a temporary health card.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
GOOD NEWS, Email received today around 11 am portal request, sent information as requested, portal opened around 2:30 pm, submitted photos, address for PR card. All complete within 3-4 hrs today. Very happy day. Good luck everyone. Long wait is over.
Can you please share your timeline? how long it took for you to get that email?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
PPR or PR approval is not equal to COPR
As per service ontario website, you are eligible for OHIP if you applied for PR and have not yet been denied and you meet the eligibility requirements. I dont know if IRCC would provide such a letter.

Its a grey area, and you will need to do a lot of talking and convincing at the service ontario office and at best , they will give you a temporary health card.
Thanks for your reply and clarification provided!!!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, my father have a pacemaker, is there any problem with his medical exam? Can my father pass the medical exam with pacemaker? Thank you for your help
Your question can only be replied accurately by the IRCC medical review team.
You have already received positive opinions from the forum members.
Just do medical when requested and wait for the result.

Reactions: YVR123