+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
It was suggested by another forum member. Personally, I think one can apply for OHIP after DM2. Please see the related section of eligibility for OHIP criteria:
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements);and
    • you have not yet been denied
@canada4life_pgp2019
Unfortunately IRCC does not issue any letter for DM2. This I think is only Ontario issue. In BC, there is wait period of three months including for seniors.

Reactions: Hamied

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Unfortunately IRCC does not issue any letter for DM2. This I think is only Ontario issue. In BC, there is wait period of three months including for seniors.
Thanks @laxsun . What do you think is the right course of action for applying OHIP for applicants who are in Canada? Do they have to wait for COPR. The Service Ontario Officer mentioned a letter that IRCC sends before COPR. What would that letter be! Can we request the London LVO or General Manager OHIP to issue a letter that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency, as this is the requirement listed for eligibility for OHIP.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
quick update on my file:

My MP's office informed my file is now processing in Vancouver ( This information came as a surprise as I was not informed of this by IRCC, file was previously in LVO).

Medical, criminality and eligibility has been passed. Security is in process, we did submit PCC's back in October 2021! Anyone in the same boat?
same situation here, learned from my mp that my file is in Vancouver, passed medical and criminality and will be reviewed again on April 3rd. April 2nd I got pre-arrival service letter. However I am confused as my parents are here in Canada since Oct 2021. why they need pre-arrival service letter. just waist of time and further delay.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
I had advised them that my parents are here as soon as they arrived here 4 months ago. So, in their case, they got a PR approval email not a PPR. And they were asked to respond to the email with some basic information.

Next day, they received an email with account created on the portal. Then they uploaded their address and photos on the portal. Now its in review by an IRCC case worker. From what i read on this forum, this step takes a week , which results in an eCOPR which is as good as landing.

In your case, its a bit different - because they already got a PPR. And your mom and dad are in different locations. So you need guidance from someone who has been in this situation . You can call IRCC.

If you hadn't already informed them, I would have suggested for your mom to go back and do the landing together with your dad.
Did you get pre-arrival service letter? if so how long after you got PR approval?

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
We were asked to send their passport to Ottawa last Tuesday even though they are here in Canada. Then on Monday I got the portal email, replied to email immediately and was given password etc. to create account on Portal (on the same day - Monday). Uploaded pictures, filled out pertinent info on the same day and received e-corp yesterday. So 4 days (Mon-Thur)

Vancouver office
congratulations, could you please share if your file was transferred to Vancouver office? if so when, and did you get pre-arrival services letter? please share timeline with Vancouver office. thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
You can personally go to the closest VFS Global location or you can arrange a pickup by contacting them. VFS will arrange a 2 way courier so that courier guy could come and pick up the package. Make sure the package has all the VFS forms, Passport submission request, and passport. You will be required to prepare separate packages, one for your Mother, and one for your Father. Call VFS Global, here is the website with VFS phone numbers https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/contact-us

Here is the email we received when VFS arranged a 2 way courier:

Greetings from VFS Global Services!

We are in receipt of your request for passport pick-up via. 2-way courier for your IRCC Visa Application.

The Airway Bill Number (AWB) for pick-up of your passport is xxxxxxxxxxx. The package will be collected from the address provided by you while filling the web form in the next 3 to 5 working days. There may be a delay in pickup and drop of passports as against the stated time, in case of any Government restriction in your area due to COVID or otherwise.

We request you to prepare your envelope / package for pick - up soon after receiving this message. It is recommended that any travel bookings are made only after receiving the processed passport back from the Visa Office.

Instructions to be followed:
Failure to follow the below protocol may lead to further delay in processing of your application.
1. Ensure there is only 1 packet per applicant & include the following in each of the package,
- SMS / Courier return form
- Consent form from all adult applicants(18 plus)
- Passport transmission letter for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for.
- Current and Valid passport for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for (Kindly do not submit old passports)

2. It is mandatory to submit all the above documents duly completed as required by the High Commission along with the Current Valid Passport.

3. Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue Dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

To,
The Officer
VFS Global Canada

Note:
1. Please do not send any paper applications and supporting documents using this service. The service as mentioned on the website is a Courier Pick up of Passport Submission for Online Lodged applications, hence VFS is not permitted to process paper applications through this service.
2. The courier provider will only pick up sealed packages and the accuracy of the documents, the condition of the passports, and the payment of correct charges remain on the Applicant.
3. In the case of a family, a separate AWB will be created for each Applicant and thus the Applicant will need to create a separate package for each Applicant with all the required documents.
4. The courier provider will pick up the package (1500hrs -2000hrs) Monday to Saturday and will only give two attempts for pickup.
5. Packages received with incomplete documentation will be sent back to you un-processed at your cost. In order to rebook the services complete charges would be required to be paid again.
6. Any refund requests should be raised via the webform only with complete details in order to ensure faster processing time https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/. Any transaction charges or loss due to exchange rate fluctuation which arise upon processing a refund of Service Fees shall be borne solely by you. Transaction Charges will be deducted from the final amount to be refunded. Loss due to bank charges and difference in exchange rate will be borne by the customer and VFS is not liable to pay any interest on this amount.

Best regards,

Canada Passport Submission Desk - India

VFS GLOBAL
EST.2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com | https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/indexa.html

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
congratulations, could you please share if your file was transferred to Vancouver office? if so when, and did you get pre-arrival services letter? please share timeline with Vancouver office. thanks
Hi

We got the pre-arrival letter in August of 2021. Then they asked my mum and sister to go for a medical in February 2022 (they had done a medical for their visitor visa but not for PR). Same month my sister was asked to go for a psyc. examination. The psyc. report was completed and the doc. submitted it in mid March 2022. I don't know when the file was transferred to the Vancouver office. Hope this helps.

Reactions: M4imran

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
quick update on my file:

My MP's office informed my file is now processing in Vancouver ( This information came as a surprise as I was not informed of this by IRCC, file was previously in LVO).

Medical, criminality and eligibility has been passed. Security is in process, we did submit PCC's back in October 2021! Anyone in the same boat?
I have in same situation as MP’s office updated - what I understood this is IRCC work sharing procedure when any visa office overwhelmed with work load
It help to move application - we just have to wait and see - hope for good

Reactions: rockwidme

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
same situation here, learned from my mp that my file is in Vancouver, passed medical and criminality and will be reviewed again on April 3rd. April 2nd I got pre-arrival service letter. However I am confused as my parents are here in Canada since Oct 2021. why they need pre-arrival service letter. just waist of time and further delay.
Hello, I have not received any medical request, not even criminality or background passed, not sure what is going on with my file. I sent them PCC pro-actively and received their confirmation email after 3 months in March 2022. So still waiting if they gonna ask medicals or anything else yet. Parents are here in Canada since August 2021. Any idea what is next step?

tayub

Apr 10, 2022
Thank you
I have joined the forum recently and would like to provide information to update the tracker. Would you update it. I can provide the details for tracker upon hearing from you. The short update is that I received confirmation of receipt in June 2019 for my parents' PR application. Last step was biometrics that were done in Sept 2021. Medical and background checks are outstanding and I have not heard from IRCC since Sept, 2021.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
guys, how long does it take to get gmcs note? I order twice, one on Oct 2021, one on Feb 2022.....received nothing till now

I am asking for MP's help, but turn out helpless

the Singapore VO seems dead, are they still working? anyone having application in this VO got update lately?

COVID excuses take the processing endlessssss and took my family's life into desperate
So I am not alone, twice requested gcms notes but no reply. Even no reply to webform, even no auto responder. Even don't know it's in London office or transfered to Vancouver