+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

SS.Inder

Jul 24, 2019
Hi
Please update line 584.
Parents got PR approval Jan 21, 2022 and just received their PR cards a few days ago.

They came to Canada as visitors in Dec and received PR through Online portal.

Thank you so much for all the guidance and answers in this group and all the best for me fellow members who are still waiting for this long process to finish.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
My sister was asked to see a psychiatrist who filled out a detailed report on her. We submitted that along with her medical report. They both passed the medical. We did not engage a lawyer but in the worst case scenario, we would have.
Hi
Please update line 584.
Parents got PR approval Jan 21, 2022 and just received their PR cards a few days ago.

They came to Canada as visitors in Dec and received PR through Online portal.

Thank you so much for all the guidance and answers in this group and all the best for me fellow members who are still waiting for this long process to finish.
hi there, can I please ask your timeline for virtual landing? did you do it via portal? how long after PR approval, were you able to create account on the portal?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for sharing . This is interesting because the service ontario website states that you are eligible to apply if you have applied for PR and have been confirmed to meet all eligibility requirements and have not yet been denied. Its definitely a grey area.

When i had gone to apply, the only issue was that of address proof. The officer was ok with the letters that I had provided from IRCC which basically were indicative of all the progress so far (like request for PCC, request for additional doc) . But even then he said when I come back with address proof, it will be reviewed by a senior person and a temporary health card will be issued.

did some senior team lead, etc. review it ?
Hi. The officer gave me the OHIP Eligibility Assessment form and asked me to attach the documents that I have and fax it to the General Manager OHIP. The reason he wrote on this form was, "The document presented is not AFP". I haven't faxed it yet. So, just to confirm again, did you get the OHIP on the basis of pre-arrival services letter or was there some other documents?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
We got DM2 in July 2021 but no approval letter was attached. What is this letter about?
This letter is not addressed by name but has the UCI number. It says, "We are currently processing your application....and you now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for life in Canada....."

Reactions: OlyaMK

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
hi there, can I please ask your timeline for virtual landing? did you do it via portal? how long after PR approval, were you able to create account on the portal?
We were asked to send their passport to Ottawa last Tuesday even though they are here in Canada. Then on Monday I got the portal email, replied to email immediately and was given password etc. to create account on Portal (on the same day - Monday). Uploaded pictures, filled out pertinent info on the same day and received e-corp yesterday. So 4 days (Mon-Thur)

Vancouver office

Reactions: M4imran

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
My parents will be landing in Canada to complete the PR process. They have the COPR and will be arriving in Toronto to finalize the PR. Toronto because while we live in Ottawa, there are no international (from India/Europe) to Ottawa direct. I understand (please correct if needed) that immigration will be in Toronto Airport at point of entry. How long does it take for immigration? Asking because I can accordingly plan for Toronto-Ottawa flight and layover time in Toronto.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi. The officer gave me the OHIP Eligibility Assessment form and asked me to attach the documents that I have and fax it to the General Manager OHIP. The reason he wrote on this form was, "The document presented is not AFP". I haven't faxed it yet. So, just to confirm again, did you get the OHIP on the basis of pre-arrival services letter or was there some other documents?
i did not get OHIP card, because i didn't have address proof. The officer told me to come back with an address proof (pre-arrival service letter or any other correspondence letter from IRCC having canadian address on it was not accepted as address proof). So my dad gave the G1 test and waiting to get the ID in the mail. will try again after that.

Reactions: Hamied

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Thanks Man, I was thinking of the same, I can always update address for my mother and send her back in a weeks time, it will cost money, but atleast they can get COPR together. If i cannot get the answer to my weird situation, then so be it. but then again, I have make decision quick, because 30 days are going to expire as well on the PPR. hahah I dont know
i would say that its the best approach . i feel ircc is slow in cases like this where there is back and forth that is not initiated by them. Now, with the PPR in hand, the ball is in your court and situation is in your control. If you let the 30 days pass, then the situation goes in IRCC control and then could turn into a horror story.

if your mother has not gone back home for a while, then she might enjoy that . Also, she can get a chance to bring the things she needs since it will be a permanent move. and will also be of help to your father for packing and travelling

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
I have my parents application in process for immigration. My Mother received PreArrival letter uyesterday but at the same time they have been asked for Canadian Police certificate for her. Issue is my father is here and my mother is in Pakistan since her visa expired. I will be applying for her visa but its gonna take months. Anyone whowent through similar situation like one parent is here and other is in Other country?

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
This letter is not addressed by name but has the UCI number. It says, "We are currently processing your application....and you now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for life in Canada....."
we got pre-arrival services letter way before the DM2. So you are saying that I can bring this pre-arrival service letter to Service Canada office and ask some senior manager to give us OHIP Eligibility Assessment form?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My parents will be landing in Canada to complete the PR process. They have the COPR and will be arriving in Toronto to finalize the PR. Toronto because while we live in Ottawa, there are no international (from India/Europe) to Ottawa direct. I understand (please correct if needed) that immigration will be in Toronto Airport at point of entry. How long does it take for immigration? Asking because I can accordingly plan for Toronto-Ottawa flight and layover time in Toronto.
Keep at least three hours for the immigration processing. More than three hours may be comfortable.
Sometimes the CBSA desk is short-staffed and may take quite long.

Reactions: anand_r

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
quick update on my file:

My MP's office informed my file is now processing in Vancouver ( This information came as a surprise as I was not informed of this by IRCC, file was previously in LVO).

Medical, criminality and eligibility has been passed. Security is in process, we did submit PCC's back in October 2021! Anyone in the same boat?
Anyone?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
we got pre-arrival services letter way before the DM2. So you are saying that I can bring this pre-arrival service letter to Service Canada office and ask some senior manager to give us OHIP Eligibility Assessment form?
It was suggested by another forum member. Personally, I think one can apply for OHIP after DM2. Please see the related section of eligibility for OHIP criteria:
  • are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and;
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements);and
    • you have not yet been denied
@canada4life_pgp2019