+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,
I am new to here and not sure how it all works.
So my story: I am sponsoring my mom and my brother as dependent child (since he has a particular situation).
  • application for permanent residence was received on June 27, 2019
  • They started processing application on September 20, 2021.
  • Medical instructions sent to us on October 27, 2021.
  • Medical was done on November 6, 2021,
  • On Nov 15th, we provided police certificates and additional forms requested.
  • Then they asked for another doctor's letter since my bother has a specific psychological condition. Which we provided at around Dec 6th.
  • Since then, no news....
I was wondering if anyone has seen cases like ours where the person being sponsored has medical conditions. I am worried that they reject the file after three years of waiting because of that OR because the medications cost exceeds their ceiling limit. In the letter they requested, they asked for a lot of detailed questions (ex: medications, history, what support he needs, etc).

Any ideas what could be our next step ? Thank you all!
I did some research on immigration lawyers and came across some law firms that specialize in complicated cases such as cases rejected on the basis of medical inadmissibility. If this happens to you, consult a law firm. It seems they can make a difference in some cases, i.e., getting the case approved after appeal,. etc.

Reactions: Juju2022

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
he original letter had said to visit a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days . Is there a list somewhere?
There REALLY IS A LIGHT at the end of the tunnel! June 17th, 2019 applicant . My MIL landed in Canada yesterday and got COPR stamped. Same day, got PR approval letters for my parents who are already in Canada. Next step is to wait for the virtual landing for them via the portal.

Hoping and praying for positive happy news for others on this forum! thanks for all the help! It was a good support to rely on each other

One thing I would say for sponsors with parents already in Canada - if you are just waiting for final approval letter, make sure to check the email address of the primary applicant on routine basis. The approval letter is only sent to the primary applicant and not the sponsor/representative. And there is an action that needs to be taken on this email to get to the last step of virtual landing.

My father saw the approval letter about 24 hours after he got it in email. Not a big deal, but it might have been an issue , if it was seen say after a week.
Did you send them webform, informing your parents are in Canada? When did you send that webform back and which visa Office? I'm also, in the same boat my Mother is here (PA) and dad in India, I'm not sure how the process will work for my dad

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Did you send them webform, informing your parents are in Canada? When did you send that webform back and which visa Office? I'm also, in the same boat my Mother is here (PA) and dad in India, I'm not sure how the process will work for my dad
yes, i had sent them webform as soon as my parents arrived here in canada (which was late Nov 2021). visa office was mississauga

my situation is a bit different .. both my parents were in canada ; my mother in law was in india. These are tracked as 2 different files and hence i didnt have an issue where PA is in canada but dependent outside.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi, I applied for the OHIP card on the basis of Pre-Arrival Services letter but the Service Ontario officer said that OHIP is not issued on pre-arrival services letter. What I understood was that OHIP can be applied after DM2 or when the applicant's application has been approved. The officer did not use the word DM2 but he mentioned that you could apply for OHIP when the applicant receives the letter with their name on it and the letter says that you immigration has been approved. I opened a bank account for proof of address and would wait for DM2 and see if I get an approval letter along with the DM2.
are your parents with you in canada? trying to figure out if you opened a bank account without them being present

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
yes you can apply for health card as per the eligibility criteria listed on Apply for OHIP and get a health card | ontario.ca

she would fall under category "applied for PR" and she would need address proof and probably need to meet the residency requirement.

but even then it would be reviewed by a team leader or some senior person and they might give her a temporary health card, and then provide a permanent one as soon as she gets the PR
Does this only apply to Ontario? can a health card be applied in Alberta based off of pre-arrival services?

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
yes, i had sent them webform as soon as my parents arrived here in canada (which was late Nov 2021). visa office was mississauga

my situation is a bit different .. both my parents were in canada ; my mother in law was in india. These are tracked as 2 different files and hence i didnt have an issue where PA is in canada but dependent outside.
Thanks so much for sharing, can you please tell me about your parents timelines?
How long did it take from PPR to Virtual Landing email and instructions about the details to login to the Virtual Landing Portal? I think they ask for photo, and confirmation of address.

I am hearing crazy stories that for some this could take months.

I received PPR for them on Sunday and sent them the Webform, explaining that my mother is here and dad in India, but have not heard anything back from them, just yet. Not sure, if I send them another Webform :(

One crazy option is to have mom go back to India, and then they both send their passports to Delhi, and then get it sorted and get their COPR, ( I really dont want to do this).

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
quick update on my file:

My MP's office informed my file is now processing in Vancouver ( This information came as a surprise as I was not informed of this by IRCC, file was previously in LVO).

Medical, criminality and eligibility has been passed. Security is in process, we did submit PCC's back in October 2021! Anyone in the same boat?

Last edited:

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Thanks so much for sharing, can you please tell me about your parents timelines?
How long did it take from PPR to Virtual Landing email and instructions about the details to login to the Virtual Landing Portal? I think they ask for photo, and confirmation of address.

I am hearing crazy stories that for some this could take months.

I received PPR for them on Sunday and sent them the Webform, explaining that my mother is here and dad in India, but have not heard anything back from them, just yet. Not sure, if I send them another Webform :(

One crazy option is to have mom go back to India, and then they both send their passports to Delhi, and then get it sorted and get their COPR, ( I really dont want to do this).
I had advised them that my parents are here as soon as they arrived here 4 months ago. So, in their case, they got a PR approval email not a PPR. And they were asked to respond to the email with some basic information.

Next day, they received an email with account created on the portal. Then they uploaded their address and photos on the portal. Now its in review by an IRCC case worker. From what i read on this forum, this step takes a week , which results in an eCOPR which is as good as landing.

In your case, its a bit different - because they already got a PPR. And your mom and dad are in different locations. So you need guidance from someone who has been in this situation . You can call IRCC.

If you hadn't already informed them, I would have suggested for your mom to go back and do the landing together with your dad.

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, I applied for the OHIP card on the basis of Pre-Arrival Services letter but the Service Ontario officer said that OHIP is not issued on pre-arrival services letter. What I understood was that OHIP can be applied after DM2 or when the applicant's application has been approved. The officer did not use the word DM2 but he mentioned that you could apply for OHIP when the applicant receives the letter with their name on it and the letter says that you immigration has been approved. I opened a bank account for proof of address and would wait for DM2 and see if I get an approval letter along with the DM2.
"the letter says that you immigration has been approved". What is this letter? COPR?

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
We got DM2 in July 2021 but no approval letter was attached. What is this letter about?

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card. You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client. Next steps:  Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.  As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer y
I had advised them that my parents are here as soon as they arrived here 4 months ago. So, in their case, they got a PR approval email not a PPR. And they were asked to respond to the email with some basic information.

Next day, they received an email with account created on the portal. Then they uploaded their address and photos on the portal. Now its in review by an IRCC case worker. From what i read on this forum, this step takes a week , which results in an eCOPR which is as good as landing.

In your case, its a bit different - because they already got a PPR. And your mom and dad are in different locations. So you need guidance from someone who has been in this situation . You can call IRCC.

If you hadn't already informed them, I would have suggested for your mom to go back and do the landing together with your dad.
Thanks Man, I was thinking of the same, I can always update address for my mother and send her back in a weeks time, it will cost money, but atleast they can get COPR together. If i cannot get the answer to my weird situation, then so be it. but then again, I have make decision quick, because 30 days are going to expire as well on the PPR. hahah I dont know

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,
I am new to here and not sure how it all works.
So my story: I am sponsoring my mom and my brother as dependent child (since he has a particular situation).
  • application for permanent residence was received on June 27, 2019
  • They started processing application on September 20, 2021.
  • Medical instructions sent to us on October 27, 2021.
  • Medical was done on November 6, 2021,
  • On Nov 15th, we provided police certificates and additional forms requested.
  • Then they asked for another doctor's letter since my bother has a specific psychological condition. Which we provided at around Dec 6th.
  • Since then, no news....
I was wondering if anyone has seen cases like ours where the person being sponsored has medical conditions. I am worried that they reject the file after three years of waiting because of that OR because the medications cost exceeds their ceiling limit. In the letter they requested, they asked for a lot of detailed questions (ex: medications, history, what support he needs, etc).

Any ideas what could be our next step ? Thank you all!
We were in the exact same situation so don't lose faith.

My mother and sister just received the e-corp today. My sister was asked to see a psychiatrist who filled out a detailed report on her. We submitted that along with her medical report. They both passed the medical. We did not engage a lawyer but in the worst case scenario, we would have.

Your mum and brother will get theirs soon, I'm certain. Take care.

FYI - we were in the June 2019 batch so it took almost three years but still very thankful to the Canadian government.

Reactions: mintmint