+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
On Ecase it is alright.Did you open PA account on Mycic ? Definitely there will be status of medical passed .In my case same msg on Ecase but On GCKey account showing medical passed.
Hi Hannan, WE registered ourselves in MYCIC account, The website is asking few information e.g. application number, UCCI , place of birth, names.. etc. When we put that info, the message says, " there is no application in the system". I verified the information we put into, it is correct. Any idea??

Rcdcosta

Nov 21, 2011
Parents got letter to submit passport Feb end. We sent the passports and requested forms immediately and got notification that the courier reached IRCC Delhi office on March 3rd. Since then we haven’t heard any update. As per my info, usually the passports are returned within 10 days, so any idea why it is taking more than 3 weeks? Is anyone else in same situation?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Parents got letter to submit passport Feb end. We sent the passports and requested forms immediately and got notification that the courier reached IRCC Delhi office on March 3rd. Since then we haven’t heard any update. As per my info, usually the passports are returned within 10 days, so any idea why it is taking more than 3 weeks? Is anyone else in same situation?
Check the following thread for VFS timeline in India:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/page-344

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Hello Friends,
Just wondering if someone guide me about creating an account at MY CIC. I sponsored my parents in 2019. They have done medical last year in summar 2021 . There is no update at London Visa office.

QUESTION: How can we create My CIC account with GC key to see that their medical has been passed.

I used the link of My CIC, register ourselves to link our application to the system. They asked UCCI or application number, when we provide that information, it says there is no application . Any tip?

Thank you

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
That is not bad. My parents are waiting since past 7 months after the medical exam. They did medical in Aug 2021, since than , no update from CIC.
Did they passed medical examination? If yes then you apply for PCC, request letter from ircc not required .It will save your time .

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Friends,
Just wondering if someone guide me about creating an account at MY CIC. I sponsored my parents in 2019. They have done medical last year in summar 2021 . There is no update at London Visa office.

QUESTION: How can we create My CIC account with GC key to see that their medical has been passed.

I used the link of My CIC, register ourselves to link our application to the system. They asked UCCI or application number, when we provide that information, it says there is no application . Any tip?

Thank you
Many had to struggle to link the application in MyCIC. Following is the guideline:
LinkHow to link app to MyCIC
Tip-1After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
Tip-2
Tip-3Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
Tip-4In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
Tip-5Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
Tip-6The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. Most likely it work for 4 leaving the number of children. You can also try leaving the field blank.
Tip-7As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!

Reactions: Hamied and YVR123

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
Asking for a friend:
PA & dependents are from Afghanitsan, and they got PPR and then some special permission to go to Pakistan to get the visas stamped.
They submitted the pasaports in Pakistan about a month ago and they are still waiting..
Anyone knows where should they contact for an update?

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Many had to struggle to link the application in MyCIC. Following is the guideline:
LinkHow to link app to MyCIC
Tip-1After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
Tip-2
Tip-3Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
Tip-4In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
Tip-5Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
Tip-6The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. Most likely it work for 4 leaving the number of children. You can also try leaving the field blank.
Tip-7As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!
Very helpful. Thank you. I will try this one now.

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
My timeline
1.Immigration Canada received application of my Mother in June 2019.
2.Started processing in November 2020
3.Requested Medical in June ,2021.
4.They requested chest x rays three times, last was on December 15,2021.
5.Medical finally accepted in Last week of December,2021.
6.Immigration Canada requested more documents including PCC on January ,05.
7.Everything is submitted on January 25th,22.
I am still waiting for any answer from them. Anyone has any idea why they are taking so long to decide.
My Mother is here with me In Canada since Feb ,2021 on Visitor Visa. I have requested second time extension
of her stay. Her Medical will expire on June 11 this year. I am really worried what else i can do.
Please advise.

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Did they passed medical examination? If yes then you apply for PCC, request letter from ircc not required .It will save your time .
Thank you for the tip. Yes, they requested PCC in June 2021. First Medical was done in May 2021, a second medical was done in August 2021. No response after this.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi Hannan, WE registered ourselves in MYCIC account, The website is asking few information e.g. application number, UCCI , place of birth, names.. etc. When we put that info, the message says, " there is no application in the system". I verified the information we put into, it is correct. Any idea??
Bad luck , some thing wrong

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Thank you for the tip. Yes, they requested PCC in June 2021. First Medical was done in May 2021, a second medical was done in August 2021. No response after this.
1st Medical in May2021 & 2nd Medical in August 2021 ( within 3 months) unbelievable.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My timeline
1.Immigration Canada received application of my Mother in June 2019.
2.Started processing in November 2020
3.Requested Medical in June ,2021.
4.They requested chest x rays three times, last was on December 15,2021.
5.Medical finally accepted in Last week of December,2021.
6.Immigration Canada requested more documents including PCC on January ,05.
7.Everything is submitted on January 25th,22.
I am still waiting for any answer from them. Anyone has any idea why they are taking so long to decide.
My Mother is here with me In Canada since Feb ,2021 on Visitor Visa. I have requested second time extension
of her stay. Her Medical will expire on June 11 this year. I am really worried what else i can do.
Please advise.
The medical expiry date is one year from the medical pass date. You can find the medical pass date in MyCIC.
Since your mom is here, she can plan to remain here and when the case will be final, she can do virtual landing.
IRCC is mentioning that they are giving priority to cases of Afghanistan and Ukraine.

Last edited:

Preeti C

Mar 21, 2022
Hello Experienced Forum Team,
I need your help regarding my PGP 2019 application. I had submitted application for my parent and my Visa office is mississauga. I am following up this forum since then but writing first time in here. Here is my timeline:
Sent online request: January 2019
Complete application received at Ottawa: June 17, 2019.
SA approval and Start processing: Oct 2019
Biometric request: Feb 10, 2020
Biometric done: Feb 14, 2020
Medical Request: Feb 15, 2020
Medical done: Feb 25, 2020
Medical passed status updated: Mar 7, 2020
Upfront PCC submitted: June 2020

Complete silence until August 2021 due to Covid.

2nd Medical, SA relationship proof and parent resume requested: August 10, 2021.
Timeline updated: start processing on application on Aug 10, 2021 (so weird)
Document submitted: Aug 28, 2021.
2nd Medical done: Aug 25, 2021.
Medical passed status updated: Sep 7, 2021.
Upfront 2nd PCC submitted: Sep 2021

Following up with MP office - no help so far.
Sent CAIPS/GCMS notes request January 2022 - no reply so far.

Now, my concern is - it's been 6.5 months gone since 2nd Medical passed. It will be so annoying if they request another one after expiration of current. Parents are alone in India. Please advise whom should I contact?
Many thanks in advance.

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
are there many 2019 applicants left in this group? My application seems stuck on in process since April 2021. Emails sent to Accra visa office have yielded only generic replies.