+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone can share their parents landing experience in Toronto ? My mother is travelling alone and wanted to know what type of questions they ask

shivi1234

Jan 2, 2020
Hi, I just received a letter requesting to submit passports for my parents. But my parents are currently in two different places (covid restriction)
Can they submit their passport in two separately package? Anyone has the similar situation? How should to submit?
Are they in same country? I think IRCC asks to submit both Primary and Dependent passport together as one package. You can all and ask the agent to be 100% sure.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
is there a way to call LVO directly to inquire about your application? They don't seem to reply to emails.
As far as I know, it will not be easy to call any visa office or foreign diplomatic mission in their tel no provided to public.
I cannot find that information for NDVO as put in the Government Of Canada webpage:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/new-delhi.html
If you are successful contacting them over the phone, please share your experience with us.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
As far as I know, it will not be easy to call any visa office or foreign diplomatic mission in their tel no provided to public.
I cannot find that information for NDVO as put in the Government Of Canada webpage:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/new-delhi.html
If you are successful contacting them over the phone, please share your experience with us.
Thanks @laxsun , I wanted to contact LVO and not NDVO. I getting tired of waiting, no update after PCC was submitted. IRCC call center ques's are always full. I have been trying to contact IRCC for over a month now with no luck. A web inquiry was sent, no response to that either :(

Mar 16, 2022
Hi Team,

My parents who are in India received the PPR saying the passports need to be submitted within 30 days.

Can you please let me know that do we need to schedule an appointment with VFS, Chennai office to submit the passports?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks @laxsun , I wanted to contact LVO and not NDVO. I getting tired of waiting, no update after PCC was submitted. IRCC call center ques's are always full. I have been trying to contact IRCC for over a month now with no luck. A web inquiry was sent, no response to that either :(
Check this link for London Visa Office. LVO normally refers to <local visa office> in this thread.
https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
Try to call early hours of eastern time when contacting IRCC.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
is there a way to call LVO directly to inquire about your application? They don't seem to reply to emails.
Same here, I submitted medical, PCC in May 2021 since then no reply from LVO. They reply to email but same generic answer, in process. so frustrating.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi experts. Can anyone throw some light on what can happen in my situation??

feb3rd- Received PPR -30 days valiParents in Canada)
canada address already updated- Waiting for PR portal link

March 19th - Parents leaving back for home country. Still No PR Portal Link. :(

***hoping if some magic happens and agents starts working on our file**** and we get virtual landing email by tonight/ next couple of days.

august5th - Second Medical Expires

1) can i submit the passports still with the Feb3rd Letter???? Explaining the situation??

2) if i update their home country address again.. what are the chances we will receive PPR before Aug 5th??

in both the situations i assume my parents have to travel back(provided they receive COPR) before aug 5th???

Thanks in advance.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Same here, I submitted medical, PCC in May 2021 since then no reply from LVO. They reply to email but same generic answer, in process. so frustrating.
Agh!! I feel like there is no proper assistance or an inquiry mechanism for people like us. How do they except us to wait indefinitely?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi experts. Can anyone throw some light on what can happen in my situation??

feb3rd- Received PPR -30 days valiParents in Canada)
canada address already updated- Waiting for PR portal link

March 19th - Parents leaving back for home country. Still No PR Portal Link. :(

***hoping if some magic happens and agents starts working on our file**** and we get virtual landing email by tonight/ next couple of days.

august5th - Second Medical Expires

1) can i submit the passports still with the Feb3rd Letter???? Explaining the situation??

2) if i update their home country address again.. what are the chances we will receive PPR before Aug 5th??

in both the situations i assume my parents have to travel back(provided they receive COPR) before aug 5th???

Thanks in advance.
Can you please check, what address is showing on their ECAS profile:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Also, call them to see what's their address is.

Just my opinion, if they can stay in Canada, go for it, wait a little more, and hopefully, they can get their eCOPR/PR card soon.

If it is still showing their home country address, then
feb3rd- Received PPR - >This letter is now expired and you need to request a new one, with an explanation that they were in Canada.

If it is showing your Canadian address, then
You need to change their address back to their home country address again and request a new one, with an explanation that they were in Canada.

There is no SLA set by IRCC. It can be done in one month or it can take several. It's pure luck.

Just FYI:

Here is the recent policy change which is set to expire on March 31, 2022, (For only in Canada Applicants)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/public-policy-extended-medical-exam.html