+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Punjab13

Jul 10, 2019
Which information should I use to link my application to CIC account?
My file was received on April 30, 2019, still can't link my application.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

denysc

Jul 10, 2019
Hey guys,

My wife and I are looking to sponsor my family(2 parents and 2 siblings to Canada). However, our problem is that we only have 2 years of work experience in Canada (before we were students) and our income qualifies only cumulatively based on the charts. Would we need to wait for another year or 2.5 should be enough? Also, if she is cosigning on the application we can sum up our earnings is that correct? My salary is 55000/year, hers is 50000/year.

Punjab13

Jul 10, 2019
you can link with PA details : like UCI and passport details
Can I link it through my CIC account or Principal applicant have to make CIC account?
Me, my wife and 1 kid .. 3 of us in family sponsoring my father & mother. While linking answer to last question, number of family members should be 5 or 2?

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Hey guys,

My wife and I are looking to sponsor my family(2 parents and 2 siblings to Canada). However, our problem is that we only have 2 years of work experience in Canada (before we were students) and our income qualifies only cumulatively based on the charts. Would we need to wait for another year or 2.5 should be enough? Also, if she is cosigning on the application we can sum up our earnings is that correct? My salary is 55000/year, hers is 50000/year.
You have to meet the LICO for the last "THREE" years.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Can I link it through my CIC account or Principal applicant have to make CIC account?
Me, my wife and 1 kid .. 3 of us in family sponsoring my father & mother. While linking answer to last question, number of family members should be 5 or 2?

Parents2019

May 28, 2019
I have a question, I saw there are people sent application later than me and they have received ECAS, but I haven't heard anything and I called CIC they said they cannot find it in system and let me keep waiting... Is it normal?

The CIC receiving signature date was May 16 for my application from Canada Post.
I have called twice they confirmed both times that they have received my application on May 14 and gave me temporary file no. But no ecas or AOR yet

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My Ecas status is appl received on May 8th on both sponsor and applicant. MYCIC (my father's account) shows we are processing now. Background check -- we are processing your background check. May I ask this background check for my parents or me? I assume it is for me since they need to verify my income/pcc in canada first then verify my parents later. Am I right? Why ecas status not changing to in process? MYCIC is in process now

Reactions: PGP_Coast

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
For UPDATES:
Line # please to save our time
you can tag me or RobertP

P/S
I'm off next 2 weeks btw :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys,

Are you a PR?

Check the eligibility from the below link. Also it's not an open application process. This year it was express your interest. The link was closed within 6 mins as they got 27,000 interest at that time. They are not opening that for 2019. Check back in 2020 to see what will be the process for next year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Income requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Are you a PR?

Check the eligibility from the below link. Also it's not an open application process. This year it was express your interest. The link was closed within 6 mins as they got 27,000 interest at that time. They are not opening that for 2019. Check back in 2020 to see what will be the process for next year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html

Income requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14
With law suit and so much drama this year, I highly doubt that next year they will have the same process. It could be back to lottery or a mail in lottery like the H1B process in the USA