Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
What kind of enquiry you are looking for?
My parents are arriving here in the first week of Aug. Want to request IRCC to issue biometrics letter (intend to upload copy of air ticket) so that that do it in India before taking the flight. I don't mind waiting for PCC and Medicals as per normal process.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My parents are arriving here in the first week of Aug. Want to request IRCC to issue biometrics letter (intend to upload copy of air ticket) so that that do it in India before taking the flight. I don't mind waiting for PCC and Medicals as per normal process.
1- PCC can be taken before leaving the country , it has 6 months validity & cost is also not much
2- Medical if asked can be done in Canada also
3- Biometrics is normally be asked immediately after sponsorship approval , which is seems to be on 1st May applications as per tracker .
But if your ecas is not available then may be IRCC has not open your file or may be they are scrutinising the forms & supporting documents. In the meantime you please call the IRCC and try to collect some information if available with customer care.
All the best, I hope I may be right to some extent

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
My father got letter to submit Military job history which is as follows

He cannot remember all his serving details (asked in IMM 5546) as he got transferred from one location to another during his 30 years of military service. neither do he remembers all his supervisor's name. He did not serve as a high ranking official. He or his unit was never involved in any direct or indirect combat related activities.

Does he need to submit IMM 5546?
If not, can anyone please provide/point to a generic explanation letter that we can use as a reply?

Thanks!
bumping up my question

sy3211

Jun 14, 2016
My parents are here in Canada with me and their Visitor record is about to expire soon in a month.
I am thinking to extend their Visitor records myself.
They came in Feb and I want them to stay until they get PR. Currently I am waiting for file number after submitting all docs for Parents Sponsorship.

Here are the questions:
1. Should I refer to Document Checklist IMM5558E? or IMM5557E?
2. Do I need to submit return flight tickets?
3. Is the account balance CAD $11000 enough with my employment letter and my husband employment letter?
they have about CAD $10000 in Korean Currency but not sure how to prove this.
4. in Doc Checklist (IMM5558E) why do they have to sign for this form? Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475)
5. Can I also upload Parents Sponsorship Invitation Letter when I apply for their visitor visa extension on online?
6. then is there chance to get at least 2 years visitor visa? because I want them to stay with me until they get PR.
7. Should I be honest to tell CIC about this? or the reason should be only travelling and visiting family?

Very concern and running out of time...
Please help me!

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Once DM for the sponsor, will it update in ecas or primary applicant's (my father)'s mycic? or update in both?

thanks

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Hi,

do you know at what point in the process they ask for police certificates and how long they usually give you to send them in?

Asking because my father is coming here in a couple of weeks and he is staying for 6 weeks. The police certificate from Japan is valid for 3 months, apparently, so if they request it October or later, he will probably have to get another one. Getting one here while he is here is out of the question, as the consulate says it will take 3 months to obtain.

Obviously, the safe bet is to get the police certificate and bring it here, but I don't know if he has time to do it before he leaves, (it takes a couple of weeks to get) I'm just wondering how much of a risk it is if he comes here without the police certificate.

FYI my application was received on May 15 and I have not had any updates - no ecas, no MyCIC, no AOR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don,t believe they will provide biometric request earlier based on proof of travel. You may get it in time due to normal processing time.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hey guys,

I’m trying to link my application to MYCIC account but it shows that no records were found. My application was received on May 9th and it shows up on the ECAS.

Just want to make sure I’m entering the right information there, can someone please guide me what information to input? What option did you guys select? Should I input my information there or my mothers (she is the PA, please note that I am selected myself as the representative))?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ammar
Please enter PA information. You ate linking PA application under myCIC account so you need to enter PA information.