+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
I don't know how many times I gotta explain this, but it was unintentional. Didn't mean to piss a few of you off, but I think I'm lucky! ;) Good luck in life dude. Live it easy!
In a narrow context, yeah, you can say you were lucky because you got the spot. In the wider context, it is the system that failed to address properly these type of abuse.
And I would agree with other senior members in this forum that, there should be a short of stricter barrier to filter out these ineligible, resource-wasting submission

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
anyone has any solutions? if we hand fill that form it won't be able to validate :(
Same boat.. neither myself or my mom knows my grandpa's DOB and DOD. I typed an approximate date (01-01-1913 - guessing by looking at my grandma's DOB), validated form, printed tand wrote "approximate/unknown" on the box right next to it.
And on the IMM5406 form I typed UNKNOWN on the DOB and DOD fields. Hoping this will be sufficient...

Last edited:

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
In a narrow context, yeah, you can say you were lucky because you got the spot. In the wider context, it is the system that failed to address properly these type of abuse.
And I would agree with other senior members in this forum that, there should be a short of stricter barrier to filter out these ineligible, resource-wasting submission
I think CIC did a pretty good job & they forecasted 7000 idiots! Chill they have enough application & spots will be utilized:)

Neha2703

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Oh thank you what a relief! Another questions for both the parents have to fill separate forms right
If you are sponsoring your mother, you don't need your mom's birth certificate. You only need your birth certificate to prove you are her child.[/QUOTE

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi guys,
this question is for whoever have your parents already in Canada in super visa.
would you guys pay for biometrics again?

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Oh thank you what a relief! Another questions for both the parents have to fill separate forms right
May need someone to verify this. But from my understanding, only IMM5669 and IMM5406 need to be filled out separately.
IMM008 is filled out by principal applicant only.
I'm only sponsoring my parents, so IMM008DEP is not needed in my case.

Neha2703

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
May need someone to verify this. But from my understanding, only IMM5669 and IMM5406 need to be filled out separately.
IMM008 is filled out by principal applicant only.
I'm only sponsoring my parents, so IMM008DEP is not needed in my case.
Yes I am also sponsoring my father and mother only. So I dont need that form either I guess

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
This is my question too. Any answer?
To quote another post on this forum...

"I would pay biometrics fee in advance though. When you spend $1, 040 per person another $85 is not going to break you."

My mom is also in Canada under the Super Visa. I paid for the app and biometrics. If it is not needed I'm sure CIC would just refund it, and if they dont.. oh well its 85 bucks, we will live lol

The payment page is very clear to say u should pay for both fees together (even though we can't get that done in Canada YET).. save yourself the trouble of having to, 6 months down the road, have an application delayed because u didnt pay the fee in advance ;)

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Its seems there are some contradictory questions. I am single without a cosigner and I'm sponsoring my parents. So total family size is 3. In Form imm0008 (Application Details, 3) - How many family members, including you, are in this application (see instructions guide)? My Answer is 3.

In form imm5768e, Section 3 (A) Number of people included in Box # 3 of imm0008. If I put 3 here my family unit size becomes 4 in point 7 of this form. Which then is used to calculate the Minimum income.

Didn't anyone notice this?

Last edited:

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Its seems there are some contradictory questions. I am single without a cosigner and I'm sponsoring my parents. So total family size is 3. In Form imm0008 (Application Details, 3) - How many family members, including you, are in this application (see instructions guide)? My Answer is 3.

In form imm5768e, Section 3 (A) Number of people included in Box # 3 of imm0008. If I put 3 here my family unit size becomes 4 in point 7 of this form. Which then is used to calculate the Minimum income.

Didn't anyone notice this?
The imm0008 is supposed to be filled by principal applicant. So the question
"How many family members, including you, are in this application (see instructions guide)?"

In this question 'you' is principal applicant and the count should include principal applicant and their spouse + dependent children (not the sponsor).

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
The imm0008 is supposed to be filled by principal applicant. So the question
"How many family members, including you, are in this application (see instructions guide)?"

In this question 'you' is principal applicant and the count should include principal applicant and their spouse + dependent children (not the sponsor).
some how it feels like Pincipal Applicant will be my Dad and Mom. I thought I am the Sponsor and they're the Principal Applicant.

"The principal applicant is the person being sponsored to come to Canada and has been declared as the primary applicant on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)"

It makes sense now, My Dad and Mom will write two in the Generic form and I will use the same number in my form. So the total will make it to 3.

Please let me know if you think otherwise.

hellen119119

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi, I have a question about use of a representative form.
My mother is the principle applicant and my dad is the dependent, and would assign me as their representative.
In this case, should they fill two separate use of a representative form?
Thanks!

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
some how it feels like Pincipal Applicant will be my Dad and Mom. I thought I am the Sponsor and they're the Principal Applicant.

"The principal applicant is the person being sponsored to come to Canada and has been declared as the primary applicant on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)"
That's right principal applicant will be dad or mom. The word you in this question means principal applicant "How many family members, including you, are in this application (see instructions guide)?" Hence sponsor should not be counted.

Reactions: Dainik