+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
I got a letter said my file was incomplete because of missing marriage certificate. Is it because of this so I can’t check anything online by using my uci?
Did you not even provided anything else instead of your parents marriage certificate, for example An affidavid etc?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
post #13369 says biometrics were taken in 2016. so I am a bit surprised. my mother got her SV without any biometrics request.
Yes, Canada introduced biometrics -
Starting July 31, fingerprints and a photo will become mandatory for many people from Europe, the Middle East and Africa applying for a Canadian visitor visa, work or study permit, permanent residence or asylum in Canada.

Known as biometrics, the fingerprints and photo will be required for identification purposes. This requirement will be extended to Asia, Asia-Pacific and the Americas on December 31, 2018.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
If your parents are in Canada on supervisa already, and if they receive biometrics request, where do they have to go and give ? I can see that only Pearson takes fingerprints. Pretty sure they dont have to go back and give their biometrics. Anyone got requested biometrics while parents being here on supervisa yet ?

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@YULIA-2016

Please add my second application to the spreadsheet, thank you!

#Sponsored people: PIL
#Parents Country of Citizenship: China
#Prov. ON
#Invitations Receive Date: April 24th
#Application received in Ottawa Date: May 13th
Ecas status: Application received on May 13th (just be able to check on July 5)
MyCIC: We are processing your application. (just be able to link on July 5)

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016

#Prov. ON
first candidate of May 13th!!! Is that means they are done with May 9/10th

Reactions: Ikay_cah

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
@YULIA-2016

#Prov. ON
Congrats !. My understanding was your application was received April 30th and hence you were worried. Is IRCC saying your application was received May 13th because that will explain the delay in your ecas status.

Last edited:

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi all,
I called CIC to just update my address and ask for my application process. Canada post shows that my documents received on May 13th but the operator told me we received it on May 14th.
She said they processed my application and noted that is completed but I have to wait for official file number. She gave me temporary file number for now. She said after I receive the file number in official letter, I can link MyCIC.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats !. My understanding was your application was received April 30th and hence you were worried. Is IRCC saying your application was received May 13th because that will explain the delay in your ecas status.
I have 2 applications. One for my parents, me as sponsor, received by Apr 30th. No updates now. The other for my PIL, me as co-signer, received May 13th. Just got updates this morning.

Reactions: snganu

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hi all,
I called CIC to just update my address and ask for my application process. Canada post shows that my documents received on May 13th but the operator told me we received it on May 14th.
She said they processed my application and noted that is completed but I have to wait for official file number. She gave me temporary file number for now. She said after I receive the file number in official letter, I can link MyCIC.
So if someone has temporarily filled number, does that mean application is complete?

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
So if someone has temporarily filled number, does that mean application is complete?
No. She said they reviewed your documents and put a note that it’s complete. But they may change their mind and look again. You have to wait for official file number. The temporary one is actually useless.

Reactions: Smileforu

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
No. She said they reviewed your documents and put a note that it’s complete. But they may change their mind and look again. You have to wait for official file number. The temporary one is actually useless.
Its safe to assume your application is complete only when you are able to link to myCIC and see an official file number. Complete does not mean Approved. It only means the application as such is not missing any data. They can always request additional documents later in application stage but linking to myCIC ensures you have crossed the first hurdle.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
If your parents are in Canada on supervisa already, and if they receive biometrics request, where do they have to go and give ? I can see that only Pearson takes fingerprints. Pretty sure they dont have to go back and give their biometrics. Anyone got requested biometrics while parents being here on supervisa yet ?
Closest is USA if they can get a visa. If not Mexico.
Cannot be done in Canada