+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019

Based on 2018 data, the more applications have been received before yours in the first round, the longer the wait time for an AOR was. Applications in the first 20% had an average wait time of under three weeks, but applications in the last 20% had a wait time of over four months. In the smaller, second round, it's around 90 days regardless of when it was received. The chart includes only the first round.

We don't know that the increasing wait times will be true for this year, but it seems likely and reasonable. I can tell you that if the wait times themselves were the same, applications received by May 9 would have AORs by now, and they don't. So we'll have to see when they start going out.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
so no AOR and no more processing updates recently? IRCC may be busy just opening packages! It seems they gonna take a few years to process with this rate
Some users have a long history of posting made up things as facts. They should be ignored regardless of possible reasons for their nonsense.

Last edited:

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Oh, I certainly can join you to dito that!
Just look at this forum alone, lots of proof being shown here
I think IRCC would be lucky to receive 20K "completed" application... Hopefully next year, they would increase to accept 30K submission! LOL
And if they don't, they might have another round and more deserving people like yourself could get in.

Reactions: nayr69sg

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Based on 2018 data, the more applications have been received before yours in the first round, the longer the wait time for an AOR was. Applications in the first 20% had an average wait time of under three weeks, but applications in the last 20% had a wait time of over four months. In the smaller, second round, it's around 90 days regardless of when it was received. The chart includes only the first round.

We don't know that the increasing wait times will be true for this year, but it seems likely and reasonable. I can tell you that if the wait times themselves were the same, applications received by May 9 would have AORs by now, and they don't. So we'll have to see when they start going out.

Nice analysis. Can you do a comparison from this yr overlapping this please?

Last edited:

PGP_Coast

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I asked couple of questions to IRCC regarding biometrics, police clearence and medical. Sharing their responses below:

If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You shoul d not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.

You should wait until IRCC sends you a police certificate request with information on which countries you need police certificates for and certificate validity. Please wait for a response from IRCC.

You can choose a panel physician anywhere in the world, even in a different country from where you live: (link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=033&top=4) cic.gc.ca/english/helpce… Medical exam results are valid for 12 months only.
Does it mean, if parents are on visit to Canada, and they receive Biometrics request for PGP application, they have to go back to India to just give their biometrics?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
And if they don't, they might have another round and more deserving people like yourself could get in.
This is from June 25th via twitter:

On April 24, we began sending invitations to apply to those who submitted interest to sponsor forms in 2019. Given the number of valid interest to sponsor forms we have, we don’t expect to open the form again this year.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Does it mean, if parents are on visit to Canada, and they receive Biometrics request for PGP application, they have to go back to India to just give their biometrics?
people mentioned here that with existing visit visa, they were able to do it in US. The timeline is 30 days so if you don't have an existing visa, you have to try other countries with VAC offices.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario

On April 24, we began sending invitations to apply to those who submitted interest to sponsor forms in 2019. Given the number of valid interest to sponsor forms we have, we don’t expect to open the form again this year.
That is what I’m thinking too that they might not open again this year. If they will open again this year then it will cause more backlog. For sure they have enough application to look after for this year.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
so now please for future updates provide line#

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The only issue is you are only processing one year of data. Did you do both the first intake of 10000 and the second of 7000? Given the larger volume and likely similar staff size you could deduce that processing you be slower given the 20000 intake all at once. We also only have a very small sample size of applicants.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What a convenient time to take a vacation, when you are about to get 20.000 packages ! I wish I had this flexibility at my job haha :D
Processing times take numerous months. You live in Canada so regardless of business at work many Canadians try or have to take time off during the summer to enjoy the warmer weather and due to the lack of school. Camps usually don’t run in the last 1-2 weeks of school. Sure these IRB employees are constantly busy.:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you so much for sharing this! Yes I read this before too. It certainly is different from :

"After IRCC has reviewed the submissions and removed duplicates, potential sponsors will be invited to submit a complete application in the order we received their submissions until we reach the 2019 cap of 20,000 complete applications – 4 times the number of applications accepted in 2015." - dated 28 Jan 2019
Accept doesn’t mean you will be approved this year. They have consistently said they will process all the applications so then they have applications ready to be accepted once some don’t qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Yes those waiting for another draw seem to have missed your posting this from Twitter last week. Don’t want to be negative but people need to digest that there won’t be another draw.

Reactions: danny_scars

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is a 'valid' interest to sponsor form? They dont check or verify anything during EOI stage!

Lol!

Has nothing to do with valid applications received.
They have looked through a fair number of applications at this point so it looks like 20000+ applications are valid. Yes the twitter person meant valid applications. Someone already got a refusal and there may have already been others but they are not on this forum.

c_cherry

Feb 6, 2015
Hi friends
Now recent discussion is giving me panic attacks.
My application has been received on June 19, so I dont think it will make the 20k cut. But will they process remaining recieved applications in next year.