+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
The application package was received on May 9th, based on the Canada Post delivery status.
I cannot see anything on ECAS till now, so I called CIC today, and just tried to get a confirmation that the application package was indeed received. But the CIC agent told me they cannot see anything in their system either, and advise me to wait another two weeks. I understand it would take time for the officers to start reviewing the applications, and have the cased updated in their system. But I saw many of you were able to get a confirmation at least or temp file number. So shall I be worried, or resend an application since I still have time till June 28.

Please advise. Thank you.
If you have signature from canada post that it is delivered and IRCC could not locate your file later then they allow you to resubmit even after deadline, it is stated on their website. Be patience as they receive thousands of apps each day in May so it takes time. Submit duplicates will significantly delay the processing of your app

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Same with me. The agent told me that he cannot locate my file in their system. my application was delivered on May 29. It has already been a week but I have read on this forum that members got at least a confirmation from the agent that their application has been received along with a temporary file number. I think we should wait for 4 weeks at least.
It is too early...only 1 week. I called IRCC after more than 1 month after delivery.

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Is it normal to see delivery status as " Delivered to recipients delivery partner" and Signed by G Martin? Is this delivered to IRCC or Canada Post messed up?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello there,

Please add me to the spreadsheet

Sponsored: Mother (widowed)
Sponsored Country: Philippines
Province: AB
Invitation Rec'd: April 24
Application Rec'd: May 1
AOR: not yet
ECAS: can view it today June 6
Link to account: has done this today June 6

I wish all of us the best of luck.
Tag @YULIA-2016

Reactions: idefix

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Is it normal to see delivery status as " Delivered to recipients delivery partner" and Signed by G Martin? Is this delivered to IRCC or Canada Post messed up?
Yes. Everyone saw this. This is due to the reason that the courier didn't deliver it to a PO Box, rather to the CIC office physically.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
@InlovewithMaple
we've discussed this here before; Dad was part of his family count in 2016 and 2017 - therefore he should be counted in. he would not be part of the count on the years he is deceased, 2018.
similar to the newborn situation, example found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
this is
@InlovewithMaple
we've discussed this here before; Dad was part of his family count in 2016 and 2017 - therefore he should be counted in. he would not be part of the count on the years he is deceased, 2018.
similar to the newborn situation, example found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
not correct at all death and divorce deletes the requirement of counting the deceased and seperated members from count. Birth and death are totally diff issues. Call IRCC before passing on wrong info

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
My understanding (and my understanding only) is that only Maternity EI counts towards income for PGP.
again wrong information
EI for special benefits includes maternity and sickness, so EI for sickness is counted towards income . Check special benefits chart for federal government whats covered

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
@InlovewithMaple
you are tellin me if a person is married to his ex spouse till 2016 and get divorced in 2017 that person has to count his ex while calculating the family size and same is with when some one is dead how the heck in this world you can sponsor or count someone in family size whose dead already! will ask you to check with IRCC first before passing on any information in this group because some people cant afford lawyers and they rely on the info provided in this group.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
you are tellin me if a person is married to his ex spouse till 2016 and get divorced in 2017 that person has to count his ex while calculating the family size and same is with when some one is dead how the heck in this world you can sponsor or count someone in family size whose dead already! will ask you to check with IRCC first before passing on any information in this group because some people cant afford lawyers and they rely on the info provided in this group.
Thanks for sharing. Personally I have same idea with you. Ircc replies count deceased people but I think it means deceased people you HAVE cosigned or sponsored previously not accompanying decease dependants not yet submitted and not alive at the time application submitted. What the heck we have to financially responsible for not yet applied deceased people?? This does not make sense. However I applied. Whenever I have answer I will post here. Once again, speculated information or guides may destroy many applicants