+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My application delivered to CIC Ottawa office as per Canada post online status on May 17 but i am not able to link it to my account, i get “no application found based in details provided”. Can somebody suggest something. My mother had Supervisa and father got visitor visa in 2016 but those application numbers and UCI doesn’t work because they are old. I didn’t receive AOR email yet either.
Please wait. To check online status current processing time is 4-6 week.

lunasanz

Jun 6, 2019
Hey All, I have had non-taxable long term disability income for the last two taxation years. Can I claim that as a source of income? And how? as it does not show in my NOA...

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Incase I have to write Letter of explanation regarding Resubmission of application...
Whome shoud I address it...

Apr 27, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
Totally Agree!

ANY permanent resident in USA can easily bring their parents to USA in 6 months. (no lottery or lineup or backlog)

Congress controls immigration programs so anti immigrant governments can't change programs. In Canada a conservative government halted this program for 2 years. one could reasonably argue that USA is more welcoming to immigrants despite having a nazi president.
I normally don't reply to posts but this one .......
Firstly, I'm not sure if it is that easy to get a US green card. Secondly, there are many tax implications, one of them being that the US taxes it's citizens and green card holders on their worldwide income no matter where you live. Your green card comes with a hefty price tag. Thirdly, Canada is a REALLY nice place and a welcoming country. It's an honor to be here.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
1- i'd count him in 2016 and 2017
2- u don't have to, but it is a great idea to send it as they will most likely ask for it later
3- use line 150 from ur NOA

ur bro is a resident here or is he just visiting?
u dont count your dad in family count as hes not alive to prove this you will have to attach his death certificate. plz state correct facts.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding IMM576. I am sponsoring my mother. My brother ( age 21 ) is already here in Canada with me. My father passed away in 2017.
1. Do I need to count my father in family size for question 14 on imm576. Right now i Just put the family size 2 for 2016, 2017 and 2018.

2. Also, Do I need to add my fathers death certificate ?

3. In 2018, I got injured at job and was off work for 1 week. but I got paid by WSIB. Not sure where to add that income.

Thank you all!!
dead and divorced members are excluded from family count for previous 3 years! hope this helps. Make sure you attach a proof of yours fathers death like a certificate to prevent any delays in processing if you dont add it now they will ask it at a lter stage causing delays

sarab321

Apr 30, 2014
I have couple of question for below form

1) IMM1344 - This is question from sponsor info 7c. At PR time , my complete name comes in Last name, however i now change the split my name into First Name and Last Name. Should i select as Yes or No, my full name remain same but it split into First and Last Name
2) IMM 5768 - This is ques 14 for gross salary till period. I have join my new company from Nov 2018 till present, should i put till present date (May 31 2019) gross salary or till 31 dec gross salary(Nov and Dec month)
3) IMM 0008 : This is for dependent info. Currently my mother came in Canada as Visitor and she is here till Aud month, so should i put country of residence as Canada or her home country
4) 5669 : The info is for personal details Given Name and Last Name, my father complete name as per passport come in Given Name, so for all other form i was putting complete name in Last Name, but for this form Given Name is mandatory, should i repeat the same last name in Given name and give letter of explaination or should i put Given Name as Not applicable

Please help me with all the answers

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Totally Agree!

ANY permanent resident in USA can easily bring their parents to USA in 6 months. (no lottery or lineup or backlog)

Congress controls immigration programs so anti immigrant governments can't change programs. In Canada a conservative government halted this program for 2 years. one could reasonably argue that USA is more welcoming to immigrants despite having a nazi president.
As someone who just went through this process, I have to say your knowledge is dated.
My brother (in US since 1991, now a US citizen) sponsored my mom in Aug 2017. Got approval in March 2019. So the process which indeed used to take 4-6 months has lengthened. Along the way they made the process difficult for him, asked for more & more supporting docs (none of which were originally specified). Finally got it through, with the help of a lawyer who charged US$5,000.
The big difference which you don't mention is of course free health care here in Canada. For my mom medical insurance in the US ranges from US$1,000 to US$2,000 a month depending on the reputation of the company and how easy it is to get them to pay up. Which is why there is such a rush to sponsor the aged to come here, of course. World class health care for people who haven't paid into the system.

Reactions: Canada_Super

ihg

May 9, 2019
As someone who just went through this process, I have to say your knowledge is dated.
My brother (in US since 1991, now a US citizen) sponsored my mom in Aug 2017. Got approval in March 2019. So the process which indeed used to take 4-6 months has lengthened. Along the way they made the process difficult for him, asked for more & more supporting docs (none of which were originally specified). Finally got it through, with the help of a lawyer who charged US$5,000.
The big difference which you don't mention is of course free health care here in Canada. For my mom medical insurance in the US ranges from US$1,000 to US$2,000 a month depending on the reputation of the company and how easy it is to get them to pay up. Which is why there is such a rush to sponsor the aged to come here, of course. World class health care for people who haven't paid into the system.
I think your information is not correct it depends upon case to case , My sister is also US citizen and my mom got the Green card in 6 month . Every one is denying but only the free health care is the driver for PGP program. If tomorrow policy changes and health care included in sponsorship undertaking . PGP will be dead and no one apply

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I think your information is not correct it depends upon case to case , My sister is also US citizen and my mom got the Green card in 6 month . Every one is denying but only the free health care is the driver for PGP program. If tomorrow policy changes and health care included in sponsorship undertaking . PGP will be dead and no one apply
People also getting free medicare in US if you qualify