+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

darkproc

May 30, 2019
Note: The way I linked the application in GCKEY was using my father's (principal applicant) UCI. and the last question asks about the number of family members in the application and I counted myself, father and mother (3)

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Hi everyone i had a couple of questions regarding the parents and grand parent sponsorship.
I'm sponsoring my parents and i'm unclear on two questions
I have no dependents. so what do i put on question 3 on form imm0008? I put 1 there as it's only me.
also for imm5768e in the family member section i selected 1 in question 2 as that's for me and for question 3a what should i put there so it matches with the above mentioned question in imm0008. I do not have any dependents as there is only me. So the numbers are not matching up. Any and all help would be appreciated.
IMM0008 is for Principal applicant. You should put 2 there (parents).

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
hi all...I am filling up the forms right now and got stuck ....under imm5768e financial evaluation question 14 - family size should I include my father who I am sponsoring or it is just me and my family? I am single so it would be 1 ? or have to add dad who I am sponsoring? also question 9 do I have to include my dad again (current undertaking) or only previous undertaking which I don't have any? lastly I worked for the same company for 10 years....but different salary....so should I add them together in one line or year by year breakdowns? please help ! thank you.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
hi all...I am filling up the forms right now and got stuck ....under imm5768e financial evaluation question 14 - family size should I include my father who I am sponsoring or it is just me and my family? I am single so it would be 1 ? or have to add dad who I am sponsoring? also question 9 do I have to include my dad again (current undertaking) or only previous undertaking which I don't have any? lastly I worked for the same company for 10 years....but different salary....so should I add them together in one line or year by year breakdowns? please help ! thank you.
yes, u need to add ur father - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Q9 has to do with previous undertakings, if u dont have any just put 0

For the income, use line 150 from ur NOA

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hello guys,

I am trying to sponsor my mom:)
Was just wondering if anyone put their uncles and aunts to the form 5406e.

If anyone could help, i would greatly greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,
Shawna
yes, under brothers and sisters. add an additional sheet if u run out of space..

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Note: The way I linked the application in GCKEY was using my father's (principal applicant) UCI. and the last question asks about the number of family members in the application and I counted myself, father and mother (3)
So 3 is your family size, right?

Johnnycj

Aug 27, 2015
Hi guys:

I just have a couple of questions for the 2019 application for my mother and my step father, Thank you all in advance.

My mother retired in her home country and her spouse works for a bank and he is going to retire in 2.5 years from now. It is hard for him to have access to his personal passport before he retire as part of his work arrangement.

My 1st question is: how soon are they going to be asked to give their Biometrics? I know that requires a passport and there is a deadline of 30 days if they are asked to bring their passports and provide their Biometrics, just wanted to see when do the parents are being asked to do the Biometrics. I am afraid my step father will not be able to get his passport until he is retired in 2.5 years, in that case I would just put him as non-accompanying spouse for now.

My 2nd question is: if I mark my Step Father as non-accompanying spouse at this time and my mother will receive her PR status in about two years. Will I be able to sponsor him in the future say after his retirement? He is my step father, so I guess I could sponsor for him at a later date proving he is my mother's spouse again?

Thank you so much again!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

My application was received on April 29 and I can see ECAS status today (wasn't able to before today).

It shows as received on April 29 and I was able to link the application in GC KEY using UCI and in the application page it shows my application number and it starts with FXXXXXXXXX

Note: The way I linked the application was using my father's (principal applicant) UCI. and the last question asks about the number of family members in the application and I counted myself, father and mother (3)

I have not received an AOR yet but it seems like I have an application number now. Does this mean my application was deemed complete?
I believe what you have is a Temporary Application Number. Is the ECAS status Application Received or In process?
Please See Post 7747 Pg 517 on the ECAS/AoR process at CIC'e end.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
thank you very much gotcha...thats what I was asking...when I did search lot of people added total salary for last 3 years for the same employer in one field in the form ....the guide does not say how to enter it so I was confused. Guide also does not say to add sponsoring parent in the family size under employment history - confusion....that's why I wanted to know what others did. thanks again