+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mkc2211

May 2, 2019
Based on my previous experience with my parents application (I wrote about it before) I'd say yes. Even if IRCC considers her position to be a non government position, they will not hold it aginst you. My "test question" for this part of the application would be "who paid your parent's salary?" . If it was paid by the government, answer "yes", if they worked for a private company or were self-employed, then "no". The list with the examples of government jobs they give is too short and does not include all positions they consider to be government.
Also, if you help in finding the appropriate level of Jurisdiction in case of state govt job?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Also, if you help in finding the appropriate level of Jurisdiction in case of state govt job?
Looking at the form for this query, it says to mention for positions such as Civil servant, Judge, Police officer, Employee in a security organization. So, I think they are looking for you to mention for specific positions which fall under federal/central govt positions. I dont think so state govt jobs are supposed to be mentioned.

Reactions: mkc2211
May 6, 2019
Hi , my parents don’t have marriage certificate and they are currently in Canada on visitor visa.What is the other option to for. And do they need to fill Imm5409.
Thanks in advance

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
The sponsor get AOR. The email will be sent to email you have provided in the IMM1344 Q6.
Great news, that will make life easier to keep track of the situation :) thanks!

Does anyone knows if AOR are still taking abour 20 days to be delivered after they get the docs ? I'm assuming that nobody has gotten an AOR this year yet, so it might be hard to have an idea....

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Who knows ? Mine was received on April 26th and I cannot see it, that's why I find it hard to believe what others are saying since applications only pop-up on ECAS when AOR is coming, not a week after being received
Mine was received on May 1 and I can't see it on ECAS either!

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
For those who already submitted the application, did you send in the entire passport of your parents or just biographical pages? Social Media twitter is saying need to send entire passport but call centre agent said only bio pages enough and they may request later for full passport current and old. What should we do? Is there anything in the guide that say must submit full passport?
Bio pages only or bio pages plus pages with stamps if there are only few pages with stamps.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I had 23 people who sent applications, you have just 3, I don't think Zoho is useful in this case
I explained numerous times before that I only make updates to the sheet when provided exactly as described at How to update. Only three people did this for sent applications, so that's how many are in my sheet.

I also said at least twice already and this is number three that if you're committing to updating your sheet until the end of PGP 2019 and are willing to accept all kinds of formats, timezones, etc, then great, take all the info from my sheet.

You never responded to this, and go back and forth between we'll use mine and we'll use yours. I don't care which one is used, as long as there is one that's maintained. I was doing that only because there wasn't one.

Hell, I'll help you, here's a formula that calculates time between two steps. You'll need to make minor adjustments to rows and columns of course: =AVERAGEIF(F5:F299,">0",F5:F299)-AVERAGEIF(F5:F299,">0",E5:E299)

Machine translation below

Я неоднократно объяснял, что я делаю обновления на листе только в том случае, если они предоставлены в точности так, как описано в разделе «Как обновить». Только три человека сделали это для отправленных заявок, так вот, сколько их в моем листе.

Я также сказал, по крайней мере, уже дважды, и это номер три, что, если вы решаете обновить свой лист до конца PGP 2019 и готовы Принимайте всевозможные форматы, часовые пояса и т. д., тогда отлично, возьмите всю информацию из моего листа.

Вы никогда не отвечали на это, и переходите назад и вперед между тем, как мы используем мой, и мы будем использовать ваш. Мне все равно, какой из них используется, пока есть тот, который поддерживается. Я делал это только потому, что его не было.

Ну, я помогу вам, вот формула, которая вычисляет время между двумя шагами. Вам, конечно, нужно будет внести небольшие изменения в строки и столбцы:

april605

Nov 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, what if i made in mistake in my answer to the "family size" question when i submitted the interest to sponsor, will it have any impact on my application?

Actually, i cannot remember the exact question nor my answer. I was just wondering if there is an impact if there is inconsistency.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi, what if i made in mistake in my answer to the "family size" question when i submitted the interest to sponsor, will it have any impact on my application?

Actually, i cannot remember the exact question nor my answer. I was just wondering if there is an impact if there is inconsistency.
The exact questions are these and they generally expect things to match or to be explained

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hello,

My mother had submitted PR application back in 2005 which was returned back in 2012 due to change in LAW (Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity act).The law stated all FSW application made before Feb 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a selection decision had not been made by Immigration officer before March 29,2012. At the time, they had all the correspondence referencing ten digit application number starting with B xxx xxx xxx. Fortunately, after 14 years of wait, she was invited to apply under parents and grandparents through me. I have following questions for expert to assist me while filling the application.

1) Would the ten digit application number of her past application be considered as the UCI number for the forms?

2) Schedule A (IMM 5669); Personal Details: Q.4 Have you ever been refused refugee status or an immigrant or permanent resident visa to canada or any other country? No or Yes
Would you call the above return of FSW application back in 2013 as refused visa?? I am confused on what to select here Yes or no..

3)My father is going to apply as my mother's dependent. His visior visa got rejected back in 2004 and had a ten digit application number starting with V XXX XXX XXX. Would this be considered as UCI number in his PGP forms??

Thank you for looking into my questions.
This is as official as you will get for UCI www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=772

I don't think the return is a refusal. You could also mention this in a letter.

Last edited:

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I also asked the same question to IRCC agent over the phone ans she asked me to submit the blank form and write Not applicable. doesn't make sense to me but still better than not submitting form at all.
Just another example of clueless agents. We've had a few over time.

If you have more than five (5) dependants:
To include everyone in your application you must complete the following form for each additional family member:

This form must be completed by:
  • You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
Hi, My parents are in India right now but coming to canada (have supervisa) for an extended stay (likely more than 12 months )on June 10th. I am really confused if I should apply now and pay biometrics fee because then they will probably have to go to home country for biometrics on an urgent basis in the next 2-3 months or should I wait and apply after they come here on June 10th as then they will not need biometrics as they will then be present in Canada while applying? Another question if I apply after they arrive do I pay biometric fees or not? Will highly appreciate any feedback. Thanks a lot !