+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canvik

May 3, 2019
We are a family of 3 here in Canada and now wanted to sponsor my mother who is widowed. My siblings (outside Canada and my mom lives with one of them) are more than 22 years of age and not dependent on my mother, do I still have to add them as dependents in form.

Any help

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
We are a family of 3 here in Canada and now wanted to sponsor my mother who is widowed. My siblings (outside Canada and my mom lives with one of them) are more than 22 years of age and not dependent on my mother, do I still have to add them as dependents in form.

Any help
NO, they are not dependants, but they should be mentioned on Additional Family Information IMM 5406 as her children.

Reactions: rhonaleen17

canvik

May 3, 2019
While sponsoring my mother, I realized that my birth certificate affidavit doesnt have my mother's name. This affidavit was made way in 2004 when I immigrated here.

Why are my options

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
My parents birth certificates are translated+notarized.
Passport copies are NOT notarized and I believe this is not required. ( please correct me!)
None of the principal forms includes anything about my siblings because they're all over 22. I have only mentioned their names in FAMILY INFORMATION form.
--
Is it necessary to include an explanation letter because I've used the REPRESENTATIVE form mentioned in the checklist?
No need to explain the use of a representative form.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014

Any help
No, anyone above 22 years is not dependent on your Mom, (Unless he/she is medical unfit and financially dependent)

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Photos of parents.

My parents got photos done, but the stamp by the studio misses some information. Can they handwrite that missing part.
It is due the ink of the stamp

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Photos of parents.

My parents got photos done, but the stamp by the studio misses some information. Can they handwrite that missing part.
It is due the ink of the stamp
You can, but as long as it has date and a very brief address(name) should be fine. Write down their names + DOB
Your mother: 2 photos: 1 with info and 1 blank
Your father: 2 photos: 1 with info and 1 blank

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education.
should I mention High school?!
--
My father worked in the ministry of education, but just some ordinary employee. What should I write about the level of jurisdiction?

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education.
should I mention High school?!
--
My father worked in the ministry of education, but just some ordinary employee. What should I write about the level of jurisdiction?
High school is a type of secondary school.
You should know the level of government that ministry of education is. Depending on the country it could be federal, municipal, etc...

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
I called cic customer care and asked about that same question for financial evaluation form table FAMILY SIZE .the representative said it should be the family size who involved in income evaluation ( sponser/ sponsor’s wide if co sign ) . So it should be 1 in your case .

Yeah its confusing.
@YULIA-2016 What do you think about this?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
You can, but as long as it has date and a very brief address(name) should be fine. Write down their names + DOB
Your mother: 2 photos: 1 with info and 1 blank
Your father: 2 photos: 1 with info and 1 blank
Thank you,
The date on which photo taken is hand written and studio used stamp for the address and name.

One has to be blank? Or we can send both with the info?
Thanks again

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
High school is a type of secondary school.
You should know the level of government that ministry of education is. Depending on the country it could be federal, municipal, etc...
Alright!
Let's say Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Then, what should I write for certificate and diploma issued?
--
Level of Education: High school
Certificate issued: Diploma

Jolly1234

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I am going to sponsor my mom and dad. Can anyone please write down all form name which i need to fill up.

Anyone help me in this regards?

Thanks
Jolly