+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Muhyy90

Sep 16, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new on this particular forum. I need help on what to do and how to do it because i will be sponsoring my mum to canada as soon s the requirements are available
Thank you very much as you take your time to put me through on this.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would mention the 9 month period of no communication and the instructions stating that you should contact them at that point about updates. Also I would ask them for a revised timeline as you have already passed the 9 month timeline.
I sent a a request in webform yesterday and I got response today morning:
In response to your enquiry, please be advised that your application is with the London immigration office and is currently in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Please be assured that we will be in touch as soon as there is an update on your file.

DO you think it means something or just a generic reply?

Reactions: Muhyy90

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Reactions: hanhan

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

My parents application was received on June 12, 2019 and I received AOR on October 11, 2019. The status online still shows "Application Received", and we have not received any other information/communication from them thus far. I am slightly concerned. Is there anyone else in this situation? And how should I proceed?

Thanks.
Hi guys - any assistance on this? Also want to add that I have never been able to link my application though I do see the status in Ecas as Application Received on June 12th.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello,

My parents application was received on June 12, 2019 and I received AOR on October 11, 2019. The status online still shows "Application Received", and we have not received any other information/communication from them thus far. I am slightly concerned. Is there anyone else in this situation? And how should I proceed?

Thanks.
Hi guys - any assistance on this? Also want to add that I have never been able to link my application though I do see the status in Ecas as Application Received on June 12th.
https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/quick-links

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Sorry Robert - the link doesnt function on my work pc. However, if I am reading your response correctly, you are suggesting that there may be others in the same category as I am? Thanks.
How to link under myCIC?

1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
    • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
    • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
Question : When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
How to link under myCIC?

1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
    • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
    • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
Question : When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?

Wow - thank you very much Robert. I just linked it and this is what the status says:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

The ecas still shows "Application Received". Looks like the biometrics are not needed because my parents have visited Canada few times and their biometrics dont expire until 2026.

Should I continue to wait? There are no other document requests in place.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Wow - thank you very much Robert. I just linked it and this is what the status says:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

The ecas still shows "Application Received". Looks like the biometrics are not needed because my parents have visited Canada few times and their biometrics dont expire until 2026.

Should I continue to wait? There are no other document requests in place.
Flowchart
PDF link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aILd07eTYxWoxwXttwjpYckFLhtrYssQ/view

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
I sent a a request in webform yesterday and I got response today morning:
In response to your enquiry, please be advised that your application is with the London immigration office and is currently in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Please be assured that we will be in touch as soon as there is an update on your file.

DO you think it means something or just a generic reply?
To my understanding london office gives this reply whenever file is "IN Process".

And the officer review can be in 10, 20 30 or more than that no of days.

No one knows what the style of that visa officer, and how he puts his reminders to review file and send requests.

Reactions: RAY2112

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To my understanding london office gives this reply whenever file is "IN Process".

And the officer review can be in 10, 20 30 or more than that no of days.

No one knows what the style of that visa officer, and how he puts his reminders to review file and send requests.
From the acknowledgment letter that I received, it mentioned that there are two processes, one when case analyst take and review it and then send it to the officer. so I guess is I am near for receiving medical test and Police certificate.