+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I never heard someone got refused by stapling papers and printing on 2 sides. You are saving the planet by printing the application two sides.
They do not get refused but they could send it back. They clearly said do not staple on the guide. ( at least on the 2018 guide for sure)

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
This will become a problem in the future, if not in the application stage.. My friend who got the PR and don't have last name came here and ended up changing his name in the passport through Indian consulate or else CIC won't issue him a PR card.. Last name is mandatory for CIC I think..

For application stage, you can call up the CIC agent and ask him what is the best course to take.
I don't think they will refuse the PR card.
I don't have last name on passport and got my PR card without any issues.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you for your response! I really need my parents support in my current situation. Appreciate it!
You can help your parents to apply for super visa, which allow them to stay in Canada for continuously 2 years at a time. At least I know the super visa process is much faster than the sponsorship process.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do not get refused but they could send it back. They clearly said do not staple on the guide. ( at least on the 2018 guide for sure)
Thanks for the info, already sent the application and stapled them.

The only info that I found about do not staple is in
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
But its not under the parent sponsor guide
Hope they will not return my application.
what are the chances for returning it?
Are they that lazy?

Last edited:

CA2510

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
I am the sponsor and applying for my mother. I have a copy of my birth certificate. Do I need to get the birth certificate copy attested from a lawyer when i submit the application ???

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ah, finally a question on place of birth for people from the Indian sub-continent pre-1947 :)
My mother, now living in India, was born in Lahore in 1940....
I put "Lahore, India" when there is a pull down,
OR
"Lahore, Undivided India" when there is a write-in field.
My logic is that you can't have been born in a country that didn't exist at the time.
I guess this applies to a bunch of people, e.g. former Yugoslavia, former Soviet Republics etc.
BTW, her current passport, issued just a couple of months ago, says "Lahore, Undivided India".
Hope this helps.
Hi
Thanks for responding
any idea about the unknown dates?
** does not work when validation is required.
cant submit unvalidated form.
do you know the solution to this?

Aja1982

May 2, 2019
@usr19 Please add my details to the excel sheet for 2019 PGP.

Interest Form: 12:05 EST (or just ET).
Confirmation Email: 12:45 EST (or just ET)
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 24, 2019 16:05 EST
Application Received by CIC: Apr 30, 2019
Number of sponsor people: 2 (Both Parents)
Parents country of citizenship: India
Province: Quebec

Thank you.

Hi!
Did you attach the police clearance and the medical report with your submission ?
Thank you

Reactions: visaprince

harry112358

Feb 6, 2017

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
Are they that lazy?
I did the same. It was not mentioned anywhere on the documents referred to us. Frankly, I don't think anyone can be that unreasonable to return the application just because of 'staples', but I guess it depends on the officer taking care of the file! Good Luck!
BTW, are you able to locate your file here yet: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/sessionexpired.do?app=&lang=en ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Are they that lazy?
Hopefully they understand that application for parents are harder to come by and they can get over it by simply remove the staples.

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
I just filled out IMM 1344 . Is any one else also facing this issue

Co sponsor telephone no is picking 11 instead of 1 .

After filling IMM 1344 , when I try to open it back I am seeing an error
"CO -signer Contact Information -
The format you entered in the following field was incorrect .
1: Telephone No (Country Code)

The Correct format is:
Must be numeric and must not start with '11'