Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My mother lives in India and I have received PP request by email today, being her representative in Canada.
Do I have to now get her passport from India and send to Ottawa office?

I would like to know if the process has now changed as the letter states below.

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address
a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.
b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.
4. The completed and signed Annex A attached to this correspondence, listing your current mailing address.
STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.

Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:
CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Ditto...bio instruction Dec 12, decision made on ecas Dec 12....still waiting for SA letter.... i have also given email in contact..but haven't called agent at ircc. 4 week period seems funny....ordinary snail mail even reaches in two days....further to add i have submitted bio metric and its not being acknowledged at mycic and also received medical request....sounds holiday mode is ON

Same bio request dec 13. Dm dec 14.

No medical yet and no SA. I am guessing may be today evening ?

Reactions: Rushdanalb

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
Hi
My mother lives in India and I have received PP request by email today, being her representative in Canada.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address
a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.
b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.
4. The completed and signed Annex A attached to this correspondence, listing your current mailing address.
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.

Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:
CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2
They must've given your Mother the option to submit the Passport in India too... Didn't they?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2
Clearly mentioned "what is office of your choice" in above letter and they will send documents to that office. You need to inform them via webform...mentioned in the letter
Note: movement of pp cross border without holder is forbidden...same ircc is saying they can not send pp out side Canada by mail but they can send your file to VO where you are living.

Last edited:

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clearly mentioned "what is office of your choice" in above letter and they will send documents to that office. You need to inform them via webform...mentioned in the letter
Thank you so much!!
Cant believe I read it so many times and still ...just a combination of relief, happiness, anxiety on the letter that I just oversaw this detail!!!