+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hi there!
I am confused with how we suppose translate documents that are not English or French.
I am doing all translation here in Canada,my translator is registered with BC translation association.
Do I still have to certify the photocopies of the documents? They will have my translator stamp on them.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Yes you can write it by hand
You also can send email to yourself with names in your native language and just copy and paste there ;)
I dont understand. I was using google translate and was copying native language words in the form but every time I copied, it showed me ????? as characters. How does the email work for you?

Reactions: mbatta

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand. I was using google translate and was copying native language words in the form but every time I copied, it showed me ????? as characters. How does the email work for you?
Sometimes google translate does not work.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi there!
I am confused with how we suppose translate documents that are not English or French.
I am doing all translation here in Canada,my translator is registered with BC translation association.
Do I still have to certify the photocopies of the documents? They will have my translator stamp on them.
A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: misterbmw

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
I have been selected to apply for parents and grandparents application and have following questions.
I would like to sponsor my parents and grandmother (3 of them) for the Permanent Resident Application. When i read the guide, i summarize the following.

I need to put two application:
1) My mother/father as a principal applicant with father/mother as their dependents
2) My Grandmother as a principal applicant with no dependents

Is it a correct interpretation?
If yes, does it need to go in the same envelope along with my sponsorship forms and documents?

Another question: As per the checklist Form IMM008DEP looks like mandatory form but the guide reads that
This form must be completed by:You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Assuming my mother as a principal applicant only have a father as dependent which is captured in the IMM0008. What should i do here?

Another thing I have noticed in the forms is when you select certain options, relevant boxes below becomes grey/untype-able. Following is the example:
IMM008
Peronal Details, Q.10 If i put country of citizenship other than Canada, it greys out the below questions date & place of your last entry to canada so even if you have entered into canada before you cannot disclose that in that box. There are few items like that in these forms. I see them as concerning and worried that immigration officer might see as non-reporting of information.

If anyone can answer these questions, it will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Hi Everyone,

In form 5406, they have asked to fill all names in native language.

Does it goes in same line like "Harendra, हरेन्द्र " or native name need to be in different line. Also do we need to fill all address and everything in native language as well.

Also i am not able to use pdf to enter native language
Thank you for bringing this up. I have not realized, we need to fill in both English and native language!!
Is it applicable only for names or entire form? Thanks!

PAP13

Apr 30, 2019
Hi there!
If the original copy attached to translation and stamped by translator, it considered as a true certified copy.

mkundu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Thank you for bringing this up. I have not realized, we need to fill in both English and native language!!
Is it applicable only for names or entire form? Thanks!
glad you noticed it, I am not sure about the names only or full form, that is why is asked

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I have been selected to apply for parents and grandparents application and have following questions.
I would like to sponsor my parents and grandmother (3 of them) for the Permanent Resident Application. When i read the guide, i summarize the following.

I need to put two application:
1) My mother/father as a principal applicant with father/mother as their dependents
2) My Grandmother as a principal applicant with no dependents

Is it a correct interpretation?
If yes, does it need to go in the same envelope along with my sponsorship forms and documents?

Another question: As per the checklist Form IMM008DEP looks like mandatory form but the guide reads that
This form must be completed by:You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Assuming my mother as a principal applicant only have a father as dependent which is captured in the IMM0008. What should i do here?

Another thing I have noticed in the forms is when you select certain options, relevant boxes below becomes grey/untype-able. Following is the example:
IMM008
Peronal Details, Q.10 If i put country of citizenship other than Canada, it greys out the below questions date & place of your last entry to canada so even if you have entered into canada before you cannot disclose that in that box. There are few items like that in these forms. I see them as concerning and worried that immigration officer might see as non-reporting of information.

If anyone can answer these questions, it will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
A complete application must include the forms completed by you, the sponsor, and the forms completed by the principle applicant and must be submitted together in one envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring.
must submit them all together in one envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Not every form in the checklist is mandatory for every person. If you don't need the extra space, this one isn't for you. If the box becomes grey, they don't want that information in this case.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Who maintains this sheet? Kindly add me:

User: wik.haider
Invitation Received: 24th April
# of sponsored people: 2
Parents country: Pakistan
SIN provided
Application Received in Ottawa: 30th April
That's not the main sheet. I'm not sure why YULIA-2016 created it. Maybe she'll chime in.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Apparently this is lost in the hundreds of pages.
Yes, we have a tracking spreadsheet. All the details, including how to add your information are in my signature.

Some say they don't see the signature. Here's the relevant part.
PGP 2019 Tracking spreadsheet (How to update).

It would also be nice if others pointed this out to users asking about or just posting updates not matching the template.

Last edited:

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Apparently this is lost in the hundreds of pages.
Yes, we have a tracking spreadsheet. All the details, including how to add your information are in my signature.

It would also be nice if others pointed this out to users asking about or just posting updates not matching the template.
I can’t see your signature

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Can anybody help? In imm 1344 in sponsee eligibilty assessment question 7 asks about social assistance. Does maternity falls under social assistance?