+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi.

My parents are arriving in Canada as permanent residents. The city of destination written on their COPR is Victoria, BC because that’s where we live. However, my parents were wondering if they could land in Toronto and stay with my aunt there for a few months before eventually moving to Victoria, BC. Would this be feasible? Or are you supposed to go to the city of destination printed on your COPR right away?
My uncle and aunt landed as PR last year in Toronto. The city of destination in their COPR was Calgary where their elder son (who sponsored them lives). They stayed in Toronto for 7 months with their younger son before going to Calgary. There were no questions asked about this during immigration at the airport.

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
There are lot of people from May 22- May 23 that are kind of stuck either at AOR or In process just after receiving AOR. I am wondering what is going on in there. But you are not the only one in this case. Keep an eye out.
Relieved to here I’m not the only one . Thanks

Reactions: Netesteph

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
what number to call and ask if they received the package?
IRCc call centre number is (1-888-242-2100) between 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday. They have long holds and wait time sometimes even half hour. But there was option to select call back so the agent called me back in 20 minutes .

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hi All,
could you please guide me how do I check the status of my case. I didn't receive AOR yet.
I am confused when they ask to write the UCI number. Is it my UCI number or my parents' UCI.
Thank you
If you use sponsor's UCI and info, you can see both sponsorship and PR applications.
If you use principal applicant's UCI and info, you only see PR application.

Last edited:
Reactions: toronto213

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Kindly update Decision Made on sponsor’s side Nov 2, 2019

@robertp

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
Hello all,
I am so surprised that IRCC is working today. I checked my cic it shows background check is in process, then I got an email in about 10 mins that request my mom's RCMP Criminal Record Check. My parents are in Canada over 6 months under visa extension. My dad is the principle applicant. Is this happens to anyone just request only one person's RCMP criminal record? In the letter also said that

"Once your fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results are sent to this office and
processing of your application continues.
Note: If the RCMP sends the fingerprint results directly to you, forward them to this
office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your application."

So if I don't receive any letter which mean RCMP send the letter direct to IRCC?

Thank you.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
start from recent to last.
I have around 16 Entries to be entered in the form as each US trip and return becomes a separate trip. IRCC FORM 5562e has a maximum space of 6 entries. However, the form does state about additional paper does it mean that additional plain paper or I should additional IMM5562e form as second and 3-page entries. @robertp @bdidol please advise

hnsh0039

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Hello all,
I am so surprised that IRCC is working today. I checked my cic it shows background check is in process, then I got an email in about 10 mins that request my mom's RCMP Criminal Record Check. My parents are in Canada over 6 months under visa extension. My dad is the principle applicant. Is this happens to anyone just request only one person's RCMP criminal record? In the letter also said that

"Once your fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results are sent to this office and
processing of your application continues.
Note: If the RCMP sends the fingerprint results directly to you, forward them to this
office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your application."

So if I don't receive any letter which mean RCMP send the letter direct to IRCC?

Thank you.
Yes. If you only received one letter with your father's name, then it's only for him. I got request for my mom and dad, they are here on supervisa. We went today to give fingerprints at local agency and they said I will receive results at my home address within 2 weeks.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have around 16 Entries to be entered in the form as each US trip and return becomes a separate trip. IRCC FORM 5562e has a maximum space of 6 entries. However, the form does state about additional paper does it mean that additional plain paper or I should additional IMM5562e form as second and 3-page entries. @robertp @bdidol please advise
My dad used seperate plain paper with similar columns.

Fnamavati

Apr 29, 2017
Hello everyone, can any one advise next step after receiving pre arrival services letter? We haven't received biometric so would we still get bio request if not what would be the next step.
TIA

Gkgill

Oct 28, 2019
Hello ...
I have one quick question ..I have to do police clearance for my parents pr ...one from Canada and one from india ..and their are saying submit two pcs of I'd but we have only passport for parents. Can anyone let me know what I'd should I submit ?.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hello ...
I have one quick question ..I have to do police clearance for my parents pr ...one from Canada and one from india ..and their are saying submit two pcs of I'd but we have only passport for parents. Can anyone let me know what I'd should I submit ?.
What's your LVO ?

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Can you please add our application to the spreadsheet?

we applied on May 30. Received file number on Sep 16th. Additional document request received on Oct 29. And submitted additional documents via case specific inquiry on oct 29.