+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So after so many discussions, what is the conclusion for cv/resume? How do you know if it's "applicable" to your parents or not?
What format?
Thanks

NirCHa

Jul 15, 2019
Like many other people I received the same letter yesterday. However in my cic account it says we do not need any additional documents. My parents are in their 70s, what kind of resume does the CIC need? Please update if anyone has the same situation.

spgd

Aug 5, 2019
Please add me to the tracker @YULIA-2016 , @robertp

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: BC
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 28 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 23 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Aug 08 2019
  • Additional Docs requested: Aug 08 2019 ( IMM 5669) Submitted on Aug 12 via email
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: In process
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometrics request date: none
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : Med request on Sept 27 2019
  • Comment :

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I think for the resume all you need is to list work experience, education and maybe memberships in professional organizations unions or societies

We did give the information already in the Schedule A forms. Just make sure the info matches.

I think there is that gap where they ask for what you have been doing for last 10 years. So for example my father retired in 2002. But we list that he retired in 2009 as per their instructions for past 10 years.

So the resume might be just to close that gap for IRCC.

It is not a resume for job application.

spgd

Aug 5, 2019
Hi
is it normal to have no Biometrics and PCC but straight get Medical request?
does that mean we will not be asked for Bio or PCC
my parents are Indian citizen but are Green card Holder in USA for past 14 years and have never spent more than 6 months outside USA.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

After doing the medicals 2 weeks ago I got the below email from IRCC, they're asking for RPRF fees which I think I've already paid in $2250 initially with application? Does this mean IME is cleared? Also what format are you guys submitting the resume for your parents (my mom is housewife and dad is self employed)?

As your application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga, please provide additional requirements
below in order to minimize delays in processing.
Requirements for Processing
In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative,
please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Please note that
the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already
included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 1)Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must
be submitted to this office.
Please refer to the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp for
detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees
 2)Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 3)Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have
received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If
they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:

4)Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live, and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
5) Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 6)Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 7)Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 8)CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
** Please include “PGP-APR” in the subject line of the email **

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence