Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Good Morning Friends.
I was able to link the application with the help of @robertp
This is what i see in the screen :
but says completion date is approx Estimated completion date: May 9, 2021

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
August 26, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
We have received the additional documents you provide

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Reactions: robertp

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

I am not at that point in my application process yet, but I do have a question regarding PCC. My Bangladeshi grandfather, who I am sponsoring, lived in Pakistan for a few years as part of job training. The thing is, when he lived there, he worked for the Pakistani government as Bangladesh and Pakistan was still the same country. Will he need to do PCC for both Pakistan or Bangladesh or will just doing Bangladesh be sufficient? I have read online it can take up to 6 months to get any sort of certification from Pakistan for non-citizens.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Is it true that CPC Missisauga is not requesting PCC at all? or they will eventually ask for it?
If you look at the 2018 tracker, PCC was requested for over 95% of cases irrespective of LVO.

I wonder what will happen in my case where I proactively submitted PCC in August (3 months after submitting the application). Got an email from IRCC that the document has been added to the file.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
So they will eventually ask for it? By looking at the 2019 tracker, looks like they will ask at the end.
I feel that PCC will be requested based on previous year trends after IME is cleared; unless there is a complete change in evaluation policy on PGP applications. Who knows, hard to say.

At the same time there are 13 cases in tracker where PCC was requested even before (I believe) Biometric / IME...so hard to say

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys I have a problem. I got bio metrics request for only dad, mum and brother. (they live in Accra). my sister is here in Canada on a study permit.
1. my brother is 13 years old. Turned 13 in March. My parents went to do biometrics today and they refused to take my brothers biometrics coss the age limit is 14.
2. They got the spelling of his middle name wrong.
I have no idea what to do. My file has already been moved to LVO Accra and Im thinking should I call cic or Accra and hope I get to speak with someone?
I don't believe LVO can resolve the bio issues.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
it is valid for 6 months and it's ok if you have already submitted it. nothing wrong with being proactive. If they ask for it again within 6 months, just send the same PCC you have.
Hopefully won't come to that. Parents are completing Biometric and IME tomorrow in India, so if all goes smoothly the submitted PCC should be evaluated within the 6 month timeframe.

Last edited: