+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
You know my husband is the co signer and we do meet lico for all years but in 2017 my husband had 4-5 jobs which combined we meet lico. Do you think that's why Its taking long ? Plus I have my brother as dependent. When I called ircc on Friday he said they doing criminality check right now do u guys think they check financial eligibility first thing before they check criminality?
They will verify the income first. Multiple jobs shouldn't be an issue if everything is clean and reported and no EI involved

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Ecas Status:

1. Sponsorship application changed to Decision Made on August 20th 2019.
2. Principal Applicant status changed to In Progress (August 22th 2019).
3. Received SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL letter in the email Today (August 22th 2019).
4. VISA OFFICE : CPC-MISSISSAUGA

My CIC Account Status :

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. [Not Sure Why ?? Even though I received Sponsorship Approval]
Review of medical results
  • August 24, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Strange..when did you receive request for Medicals and when did your Parents completed it?

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

I didn’t mentioned this earlier as I wasn’t sure about the outcome. But, my mother is currently staying with me on Visitor Extension Valid until 31-Dec-2019 and we had to renew her Passport because it was damaged.

So We got that renewed couple weeks ago & she did her Medicals as it is required for Visitor Extension.

Hence, I updated IRCC via email & webform both just trying our luck that the same medical could be considered against her PR application and guess what ???

I just checked my CIC account and it appeared like they accepted it as of today 24 Aug 2019.

Moreover, due to the fact that I mentioned her plan to stay in Canada until December 2019. I think they didn’t sent BIOMETRIC request yet unlike all other applicants whose applications reached ottawa same as my week who got Biometric requested where their VO = CIC Mississauga.

But, all in all Luckily I saved $250 for medicals. And Hopefully they would return back my Biometric fees

Ecas Status:

1. Sponsorship application changed to Decision Made on August 20th 2019.
2. Principal Applicant status changed to In Progress (August 22th 2019).
3. Received SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL letter in the email Today (August 22th 2019).
4. VISA OFFICE : CPC-MISSISSAUGA

My CIC Account Status :

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. [Not Sure Why ?? Even though I received Sponsorship Approval]
Review of medical results
  • August 24, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Thank you for sharing this info.
I am in the exact same situation with the medical exam. I was wondering what was the timeline between you sending the web form, IRCC confirming they received and forwarded your docs to the CO, and seeing medical exam passed on your account.

Thank you.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
if you know the answer, let me know. I was willing to do same thing... because I wanna my parents come to Canada soon as tourist. They have visa, but have to wait for pcc now.
Opposite for me @crystalca and @deerestlovelybear

I submitted PCC through webform (proactively, CIC didn't request it) on Aug 4th, see my posts a few pages back. I got DM on Aug 23rd. So submitting PCC will not slow the process.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Hopefully This would make processing faster at CPC MISSISSAUGA

ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/extended-hours-canada.html

New extended hours at 10 offices across Canada
Ottawa, August 21, 2019 – There are 10 offices across the country now offering extended hours on Thursday evenings and Saturdays as part of the government’s commitment in Budget 2019.

The following office locations are now offering extended hours:

• Calgary
  • Etobicoke
  • Halifax
  • Mississauga
  • Montréal
  • Ottawa
  • Scarborough
  • Vancouver (Expo Office)
  • Vancouver (Hornby Office)
  • Winnipeg
Select services are available by appointment only during the extended hours. These services include citizenship testing, citizenship ceremonies and the granting of permanent resident status.

Extending office hours allows clients to make appointments outside regular business hours, which saves them time and money, as they are less likely to have to take time off from work. The new extended hours also allow more people to attend citizenship ceremonies, giving new Canadians a better opportunity to celebrate and share this memorable experience with their friends and family.

In the past year, the government has also been working on a number of other service improvements by:

• hiring more than 170 new staff members at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Client Support Centre and expanding the hours of operation of its call centre
  • offering more permanent resident landing services, so new permanent residents can have their final interview with an immigration officer, sign their confirmation of permanent residence and apply for their permanent resident card (PR card)
  • streamlining and improving the process for issuing PR cards and delivering them within 7 days to applicants who are applying from within Canada
  • exploring new ways to make the citizenship process faster for applicants, for example, Scarborough’s immigration office’s test pilot project, where some clients are immediately scheduled to attend their citizenship ceremony the day after passing their knowledge test